OMERS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMERS (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Being interviewed by Omer's was by far, one of the most unprofessional experiences of my life. I was strung along for 2 1/2 months and given false hope the entire time. I was extremely excited for the potential opportunity but feel as though they aren't as clear on who they would like to hire.

Interview Questions

• What are the duties of my everyday job?   1 Answer

Global Macro Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMERS (Princeton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

First round campus interview with the two heads of the group. Next step is an interview in their office. The steps are not well defined as it is a new group. The first interview was about my background, theoretical questions such as assumptions of linear regressions, and an investment strategy.

Interview Questions

• In which FX market would you go long/short   1 Answer

Interview

Strengths/Weakness, Basic VBA. General questions regarding how to handle various situations, experience in the finance industry, questions specific to investments, favorite projects, past experiences working in a group, how to handle a coworker that does not comply etc.

Pension Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMERS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. General behavior questions. the Managers were very serious, makes the candidate feel nervous. Contract position, no career growth, needs to compete with other contracts for permanent positions. However formal training will be offered on the job. In general, I did not receive a very good offer so declined.

Interview Questions

• conflict resolution: describe if ever encountered any disagreements with colleague and how you approve it.
      How would you feel if you are doing a lot of repetitive work?
      How do you ensure accuracy?   Answer Question

Pension Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at OMERS in November 2014.

Interview

Skype interview. Typical behavioural questions. The interviewer did a lot of talking and explaining. Helped me with a lot of questions and gave plenty of positive feedback during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMERS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Short interview lasting about 1 hour. They asked lots of behavioural question and asked about past experience. The interviewers were very kind and the interview had a very laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to demonstrate leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMERS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straight forward. I received a call for an interview and met with two of the managers. They were very friendly and made you feel at ease. Standard behaviour questions, getting to know you and your background. Was called back in for a second interview and was given an offer at the end. It seems they are looking more for personality and how well they can train you/fit within the team than prior experience.

Pension Specialist Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by an interview in person. Employees were very friendly and put candidates at ease. Standard interview questions asked followed by a number of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Discuss a time you disagreed with a colleague and how you responded to it?
      Q: Why do you want to work for OMERS and what do you know about us?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMERS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter. Was interviewed by two senior managers for the role. The interview process is rather straight forward at least as I came in as an experienced analyst.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward asked about my previous roles and how it relates to the needs of the current role. Insisted to know my current salary and hours. Asked a technical but straight forward interview questions.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMERS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Two step interview process. The first round you meet with a group of Principals and they ask you various questions ranging from brain teasers to asset valuation concepts. The second step you meet with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What is the value of an option if the volatility of the stock is zero?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate.