OMRON Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OMRON Corporation

2.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. There was an extensive questionnaire to fill out. I was required to have my job experience for several years with exact dates. The user interface was not really friendly, and I had to resort to cutting and pasting my text to make it easier. The process of just the "pre-screening" took a great deal of time to fill out. There were several other requirements and questions to answer. I spent at least 1.5 hours filling out all the online requirements. This was just for the initial (probably electronic database) screening. They did get back to me with an electronically generated email the next morning that I was not considered to be a candidate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation.

Interview

Very friendly and professional. Great experience through and through. I got to meet with people via video chat, phone, and in person (for the final round). It was one of the best and most personal interview processes that I've been through.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the person who was to be my direct supervisor, 2 Human Resource peers, and the President of company. I also had to have a pre-employment drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then the hiring manager. Recruiter never set expectations. Very poor candidate care. I always had to follow up with the recruiter and did the heavy lifting so to speak. Weeks later I still have had no communication on where things stand.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Omron?   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Lisle, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Robert-Half recruiter for 30 min. This is my 2nd interview with technical folks. I was looking for a networking position. But this is a senior network engineering opening. It's a little hard for me. I didn't prepare for anything, just showed up and answered some easy questions about Cisco commands for how to do simple things. But then the interview moves to the second stage about security. That's when things got tough. I was asked the question of "Given two routers, how would you configure for network security". I answered "you first need to find out your business security requirements, then translate that into security policies where you specify what kind of traffic you want to inspect, etc.

Interview Questions

• Given two routers, how would you configure network security?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Saint Charles, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It's an on-site face to face interview. It took about an hour and half. The manager asked me about electronics basics like capacitor, rc circuit, mosfet etc. Manager took me to the lab where I will be working and round trip to company.

Interview Questions

• There are 5-6 questions about basics of electronics. Like transistor collector voltage, transformer output voltage.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the job fair on my school campus and handed them my resume. A week later I received a phone call interview. Moved on to the second round and had a video interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation.

Interview

It was a good experience they asked tonight questions but seemed like they cared. Good management it seems. Everyone was friendly. Everyone I met asked good questions and seemed to care

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun   1 Answer

Shipping Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position. After around 3 weeks I finally was scheduled to meet with the warehouse manager. Met with the warehouse manager and answered several questions. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How well did I handle stressful situations.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OMRON Corporation (Hoffman, IL).

Interview

Long process for start to finish. From the time of application to hearing back in order to get the actual interview. Then phone interview followed by face to face. Went back twice. Waiting another week before an offer was extended. Continued to job search due to non contact I assumed I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions that apply to the position. What do you like about your job?   1 Answer