OSCE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSCE Interview Questions

Interviews at OSCE

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSCE.

Interview

It was a competency based interview through the phone, in English. A panel of three was interviewing, with my potential supervisor leading the interview. It was scheduled around 10 days in advance and I received the notification within 2 weeks.
    I read about the country and the project online to prepare for the interview, though the questions were not as demanding as I expected. The whole interview took approximately 25 minutes and the interviewers were very polite and patient to hear my answers.

Interview Questions

• It was a competency based interview through the phone. I remember being asked about each of the 'core competencies' individually and then was asked to showcase my knowledge of the local language (desired competence) by saying a couple of sentences.   Answer Question

Monitoring Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Phoneton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen, Panel interview with the Mission, and OSCE general competency and knowledge test. The test measured one's knowledge of the OSCE and the Mission mandate. Understand the nature of the conflict between Russian proxies and Ukraine.

Interview Questions

• Where have new new FOBs been established.   1 Answer

At Border Security and Management Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSCE (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, received an e-mail telling me to give my phone number in order to be interviewed and then I have an very short interview over phone with recruiter and representative of the Unit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with organizing conferences/seminars and with doing research? Have you done any research about any topic recently? What have you found out?   Answer Question

Language Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSCE (Kiev (Ukraine)).

Interview

Interviewed over Skype with 4 current employees. Interview was 40 minutes long, structured around 8 questions - each interviewer asked 2. It's been a week since the interview and I am still waiting to hear back regarding their decision; their entire hiring process has been slow for this position (it's been almost 2 months since the application deadline already).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for OSCE, what do you know about it, your experience in translation/interpretation services- describe, describe a challenging translation experience, describe a situation where you have to translate opinions that are different from your own, and the last question was oral consecutive translation from one language to the second and reverse.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Vienna (Austria)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position at OSCE in Vienna, with cover letter and CV got through first round. Afterwards there was a timed test where you had to write a quick report on some conflict news and analyse the data provided. I did better than expected as I didn't get to look at all the data before time ran out. Therefore easier than expected.

Interview Questions

• About the work of the organisation, personal testing time and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSCE (Moscow (Russia)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was informal and easy. Basically, I described my professional experience and we checked on personalities and organisations, I had worked for prior to this one. We also discussed the hiring policies for the junior staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no problems and specific issues to discuss, as their salaries and hiring policies are set in advance and clear.

Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)) in February 2010.

Interview

Very professional approach from the starting point. The panel consisted of 3 members who were well prepared and asked detailed work related non biased questions. Personnel officer asked about the previous experience. Two panel members asked about my previous experience with solve problem issues and how would I handle concrete tasks within the section.

Interview Questions

• In multicultural organizations, did you have an experience that a staff member insulted you (intentionally or unintentionally) and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package was very good so I need not re-negotiate it. I needed to start working two days lated that asked and they accommodated my request.

Senior Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Kiev (Ukraine)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied on line, got a phone call few weeks late inviting for an interview, after the interview they checked my references and educational certificates, job offer had followed, I also had skills test on excel

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Vienna (Austria)) in April 2011.

Interview

straightforward. all the usual questions. really matched my background with the job description. in this sense, they are by-the-book. there were a lot of technical questions about the job, like "this is a typical issue on the job... how would you address it?" only a few "personality" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How have you "managed up" in your past jobs? What is your leadership style? What was one failure in your career? Have you worked in an international environment; what are some challenges therein?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, there is a precise salary scale.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OSCE (Tirana (Albania)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was delayed and was not focused on the the topic that was initially intended but mostly on explaining that the project had changed from the original call of aplication.