OSF HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSF HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.5

General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a small questionnaire about salary requirements and personal experiences related to this position, was then contacted about an in person interview and they were quick to accommodate. They asked a lot of questions some were related to the position and some were not. I felt uncomfortable because they asked me if I was okay with having crucifixes on the wall/ okay with them praying before meetings. I don't have any issues with that but found it walking a fine line of illegal/discrimating questions during the interview. After the interview they asked me to do a small quiz. The decision process was a little frustrating because there wasn't much communication. I feel as though if I didn't reach out, they would have not told me either way.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with crucifixes on the wall/ okay with prayer before meeting?   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest professional success?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted to do a phone interview with a recruiter. After a typing test I had a interview with the manager and 2 other mission partners. Waited a few days to be contacted and offered the position. Then had to finish paperwork and visit occupational health for a exam and provide records of immunizations and be fingerprinted. All in all took about a month from first phone interview to start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate felt the offer was fair.

Process Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Cold, impersonal phone interview. Rapid fire questions about job and past experience. Overall, it seemed to go well, with an expectation that a face interview would be scheduled with next level of management within a week or so. Job status remained 'under consideration' for 3 weeks, then changed to 'no longer under consideration'. Seems to be a very cold process for people who would very much like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is Process Improvement about   2 Answers

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare.

Interview

the process was straightforward. I was interviewed on the phone with HR and the pharmacy manager before invited to an onsite interview. on site interview, was interviewed by peers and pharmacy managers then tour around the hospital

Patient Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Rockford, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Know the Mission Statement and Core beliefs. Otherwise interview is pretty basic. Be able to explain examples of "times when" and how you handled the issue. Know everything listed on job posting, except billing codes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you worked as a team and how it worked well.   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Social questions, asked about technology projects, interviewed with manager from my school. Asked about a conflict situation during my previous employment and how I resolved the situation. Social questions, asked about technology projects, interviewed with manager from my school. Asked about a conflict situation during my previous employment and how I resolved the situation.

Healthcare Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (East Peoria, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

They were extremely rude and snooty about the whole thing starting when I walked in the door. Additionally, they didn't seem to know what they were actually looking for. It's a summer internship but they got irritated when I said that I probably wouldn't be able to work while still in school and even more irritated when I said I might be going out of state for grad school in the Fall. Overall I was very disappointed in their lack of professionalism and realized that whether I got an offer or not, I didn't want to work in that environment.

Interview Questions

• If you were given an assignment to use a program you have no experience with and knew nothing about and had no mentor, what would you do?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Alton, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position in August of 2015. I was called at the end of November 2015 for an interview. I completed a quick 15 minute interview with the department manager. Then I was called back the following week for a second interview with administration. I was offered the job at the end of December and finally started on January 2016.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL).

Interview

A overly 'professional' panel interview with an assortment of unqualified staff to ask pre arranged questions who's 'reveiws' were ignored in the end in favor of the most senior management opinion. The hired candidate was grossly unqualified compared to most of the staff applying but she was friends with management.

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Since I lived an hour away, the first interview was a phone interview. It seemed to go very well.

They called about a week later for a face to face, which was scheduled another week later. An hour before the interview, they called saying that the interviewer was having to cancel for a family emergency. I had already driven 65 miles and was in town. They couldn't interview me on my next day off. I was rattled by the late cancellation and asked about the number of interviews.They said they interviewed 10, but I was "one of three to get a call back."

They called back ten minutes later as I started to drive home to have me come in at the scheduled time. They had someone else to interview me, who I learned was the head of the department. They showed me around and introduced me to everyone I would encounter on the job. They told me that my interview was the last of all the interviews and they would be in contact. I followed up with emails and "thank yous" just days after the interview.

Day 11, I still had no letter, email, or call so I emailed the administrative assistant. She did not reply for over 24 hours, so I emailed the first interviewer to follow up. She replied almost immediately and and they told me they would have a decision by the end of that week. Five minutes later the admin asst finally replied saying the same thing. That time frame came and went.

18 days after the second interview, I finally called the first interviewer and was told they had made an offer to another candidate and were waiting for things to be tied up with them before they contacted the candidates that were not getting the job. I asked what qualifications I was short on, and she said that I was qualified, but they "found a candidate they thought was a better fit for the team."

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called off work in the last year?
      What are your career goals?
      Will you miss your old job?
      How will you handle winter drives with your commute?   Answer Question