OSF HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL).

Interview

It took a long time to hear back from Human Resources after putting in an application, but actual interview process and hiring moved quickly. The actual interview questions were what is typical for a professional interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the OSF website and about 2 weeks later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was short and sweet. I ended up applying for about 10 different positions. It took about a month to get a phone call from a manager to set up a in person interview. About 2 weeks later, I got a phone call from the recruiter to check my email and do the reference check. Three days later she called and offered the job.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Waited a few weeks before getting a phone call which turned out to be a fairly standard phone interview. Easy. Then I went a few months without hearing anything, which was disappointing because I knew I had done well in the phone interview.. Nevertheless, I was called a couple months later and told about a few of the open positions and hours available, etc. Once we were on the same page with what I was looking for, we set up a time for an in person interview. I went in and met with a supervisor. We sat and talked for maybe 20 minutes. Very short and to the point -standard. I then got to go and observe a couple different positions that would be closely related to what I would be doing. There was a peer interview where an employee evaluated me as I answered questions (more standard interview questions, nothing too complicated). Then I just got to observe and ask questions about the different positions it was actually really cool to see first hand the job environment and duties. After all of that, I was told that the reference check was next and after that was done, I would hear about an offer. About a week later, I got a call saying my interview and reference check went GREAT and they would love to have me. Now just waiting for HR to contact me with drug test dates and then I'm all set!! *TIP: Know the OSF mission statement and how to relate it to yourself*

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to adjust to change in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a recent career success.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time there was conflict in the workplace and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a small questionnaire about salary requirements and personal experiences related to this position, was then contacted about an in person interview and they were quick to accommodate. They asked a lot of questions some were related to the position and some were not. I felt uncomfortable because they asked me if I was okay with having crucifixes on the wall/ okay with them praying before meetings. I don't have any issues with that but found it walking a fine line of illegal/discrimating questions during the interview. After the interview they asked me to do a small quiz. The decision process was a little frustrating because there wasn't much communication. I feel as though if I didn't reach out, they would have not told me either way.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with crucifixes on the wall/ okay with prayer before meeting?   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest professional success?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted to do a phone interview with a recruiter. After a typing test I had a interview with the manager and 2 other mission partners. Waited a few days to be contacted and offered the position. Then had to finish paperwork and visit occupational health for a exam and provide records of immunizations and be fingerprinted. All in all took about a month from first phone interview to start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate felt the offer was fair.

Process Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Cold, impersonal phone interview. Rapid fire questions about job and past experience. Overall, it seemed to go well, with an expectation that a face interview would be scheduled with next level of management within a week or so. Job status remained 'under consideration' for 3 weeks, then changed to 'no longer under consideration'. Seems to be a very cold process for people who would very much like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is Process Improvement about   2 Answers

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare.

Interview

the process was straightforward. I was interviewed on the phone with HR and the pharmacy manager before invited to an onsite interview. on site interview, was interviewed by peers and pharmacy managers then tour around the hospital

Patient Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Rockford, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Know the Mission Statement and Core beliefs. Otherwise interview is pretty basic. Be able to explain examples of "times when" and how you handled the issue. Know everything listed on job posting, except billing codes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you worked as a team and how it worked well.   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (Peoria, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Social questions, asked about technology projects, interviewed with manager from my school. Asked about a conflict situation during my previous employment and how I resolved the situation. Social questions, asked about technology projects, interviewed with manager from my school. Asked about a conflict situation during my previous employment and how I resolved the situation.

Healthcare Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSF HealthCare (East Peoria, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

They were extremely rude and snooty about the whole thing starting when I walked in the door. Additionally, they didn't seem to know what they were actually looking for. It's a summer internship but they got irritated when I said that I probably wouldn't be able to work while still in school and even more irritated when I said I might be going out of state for grad school in the Fall. Overall I was very disappointed in their lack of professionalism and realized that whether I got an offer or not, I didn't want to work in that environment.

Interview Questions

• If you were given an assignment to use a program you have no experience with and knew nothing about and had no mentor, what would you do?   Answer Question