OSI Group LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at OSI Group LLC

Quality Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OSI Group LLC (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Staffing manager called the same day I applied. Called back the next day and she reviewed the position and company with me, asked how low I was willing to go from a salary perspective, and set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed 1:1 with the direct manager and then the plant manager. Did not follow the common "STAR" method of questions and was more laid-back ad conversational. Did not need references. Also met with HR to review benefits package. All three people were open about not having many other applicants. Was offered a job the same day as my interview at higher salary than I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your biggest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you found a minor quality concern but your manager was pressuring you to ship out the product anyway?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a program that you helped to develop and if it was successful   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I was offered higher salary than I asked for, and other benefits were set by corporate.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSI Group LLC (Ames, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager meets with me one on one for one interview, then we corrosponded through phone calls (offer, acceptance, setting up logistics for the summer). She is so sweet and makes you feel comfortable from the start. She did not try to throw in any hard questions but just wanted to know about your knowledge and aspirations mainly.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences make you believe you would do well in this position?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSI Group LLC.

Interview

I met with OSI at my university's career fair during my Spring 2015 semester and got a call from them about an hour after giving them my resume and elevator pitch offering me an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my high school experience and why I chose the university I attend.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSI Group LLC.

Interview

Phone Screening was the first reach of contact. Then, an email request for an interview. I had the interview the following week and it was very traditional. Pretty boring to say the least.

Traffic Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSI Group LLC in September 2013.

Interview

This was an internal interviewing process since I was already an hourly employee with the company. The process in general was standard. The company reviews all candidates for potential matches in credentials, work experience, educational background, and personality traits. After initial screening, you are invited for an individual, panel interview with a few members of the senior management team. This consists of the Human Resources manager, operations managers and a few other supervisory team members. Like most interviews, you are asked a number of standard questions regarding your credentials and work experience. These questions are tailored to the specific role or position you are applying for. Afterwards, you are asked a series of questions regarding your personal likes and interests. These are common questions during interviewing processes which companies ask to see if the potential candidate's personality fits well with the company goals and culture. Each of the members involved during this process ask you a number of questions that relate to their position and how that may direct or indirectly affect your potential role. One piece of advice, speak truthfully and be yourself. The only downside to this whole experience was the follow-up after the interview. It took a while, more than the usual, to get a response from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your previous boss?   1 Answer