OSI Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSI Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.5

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems.

Interview

You fill out an application on line. About a week later someone from HR will contact you. I had a phone screen with this person and then a more comprehensive interview with a manager that same day later on. About a week after that I had an in person interview with a technician that was working in the area. The interview was not very professional. I was given a sheet of questions that he was supposed to read, and I was made to read them myself while he recorded me reading the questions and my response to the questions. One week later I was told I didn't get the job even though I was told that I was a perfect fit by both manager and interviewer. They are very big on trying to get you to not accept much money for the position you are applying for. You will have to possess a high level of electronic experience and be able to troubleshoot equipment under pressure in an fast paced environment. Don't expect to get paid well for what you know!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines?

What do you do if your fix did not have the desired outcome?

How do you prioritize your workload if you have several critical repairs to do and not much time?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems (Snoqualmie, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR person has only worked for the company for 4 months and was not familiar with her own company. She focused on my current salary rate almost immediately. I knew then that even if offered a position this company was not going to offer much in compensation.

My research online showed OSI had a reputation of low base pay, raises are few and far between, and higher than average turn over. But it never hurts to talk and see if online matched reality. In this case it did.

Interview Questions

• What was my current salary rate and would I be willing to work for less?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems (Snoqualmie, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter first asked my salary and informed me that they don't pay that much. Recruiter didn't know anything about the position and deferred all questions to hiring manager. Interview experience was cordial, the questions were relatively easy for me - appeared lifted out of a interview questions website. Interviewers didn't seem excited about being there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems in December 2014.

Interview

I saw the role listed on external job boards and applied directly through the company's website. I received a phone call a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the HR recruiter. That went very well. She drills me with questions about my prior experiences, why I left old jobs and my salary expectations. The recruiter mentioned having already had passed my info to the hiring manager who was eager and excited to speak with me. She lets me know that he was very interested and that she would call me back within a week or so to schedule a time for us to speak. She did as she said.

So minutes after I'm scheduled to speak with the hiring manager I get a text message requesting that the call be moved to later in the day. I oblige as my schedule was flexible.

So I answer the call and he states that he doesn't believe that I have the experience that he's looking for but the recruiter suggested that he should speak with me anyway. He starts by asking me why I felt I would be worthy of working for the company. As I started to speak about myself and experiences he expresses concern about the neighborhood in which I reside. I ignore the comment and continue to speak about my experiences in manufacturing finance when he asks about my overseas experience. I tell him about the time I spent living working and studying abroad when he facetiously questions "am I interviewing a linguist now?" It continues to get more irate, condescending and hostile when he mumurs to himself and then yells - "let's not waste anymore time or belabor this conversation for another second." He tells me how I'm not what he's looking for and that I would never be a good fit for the firm. He lets me know that he's doing me "a favor by not leading" me on. He then proceeds to state that "We must have better resumes and candidates within the systems" and hangs up.

I didn't receive any further correspondence from the company

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Just be prepared to discuss your salary history, gaps in employment and career changes with human resources   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems (Hawthorne, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Got into a phone conversation with the engineering director, and he was very impressed with my credentials and liked my personality. I flew in to Hawthorne a week later to do an on-site interview, but it was basically just the director showing me around the site, and walk me through a detailed descriptions of the product they were making. It was definitely very eye-opening to see the technologies being employed. I was told by him at the end of the day that I would be given the job, but he has to report to his superior about this.

Two weeks later I was notified that I was not offered the job because the director's superior wanted to hire someone who had more experiences than i did. It was a shame, since I would have gotten the position, if he was given the green light. Still it was a very pleasant experiences to talk to the people there, and the director was very personable and friendly to talk to. All traveling expenses were paid for by them.

The only downside to the whole experiences was the engineering site looked like a dilapidated machine shop with equipments lying all around, and the people working there were pretty much all hourly rate assembly workers. The work environment was definitely sub-par and not sanitized; It was more so like a factory than an office, which I was not expecting.

Interview Questions

• It was basically just me listening to his breakdown of the product for 5 hours (got into the really technical side of the electronics)   Answer Question

Director IT Solutions - Spacelabs Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSI Systems (Issaquah, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

I ran across a posting for this job by one of the "meta" job search engines. I read and and dismissed it, it seemed like a role that would be junior compared to my current job. Late August I received a call from their recruiter. He explained that he ran across my resume on the internet and had previewed it with the hiring manager for the "Director IT Solutions" position and he was "very impressed" with my background and wanted to schedule an interview. I told that recruiter that I would prefer a phone interview first. He said he would arrange it and get back to me.

Well a month passes. So I pick up the phone and call the recruiter. He apologizes that no one has gotten back to me and explains that he will talk to the hiring manager to get an update. The recruiter phones me five minutes later with a proposed time to interview in-person, either forgetting or dismissing that I preferred a phone interview as a first step. So I agree to the interview.

A couple of days later I go to their offices to meet with the hiring manager. One hour was scheduled. The actually interview spanned one hour and forty five minutes. I thought it went well.

I followed up that evening by spending the hiring manager a "thank you" email.

Another month passes with out any follow up from this company or its recruiter. I never heard a word from them. Very discourteous to say the least considering I didn't apply for this job they came to me and asked me to interview.

Highly disorganized to say the least and discourteous at best.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems.

Interview

The interview was not very technical. The boss was in a remote location so all interviews were conducted over the phone. They were looking for me to extrapolate on my own experience.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about my past experience. They went for some obscure references in my past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted in terms of salary. They waited until the day I had to accept or decline and then sent me the offer letter listing a salary at 12K lower than what I asked. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems in December 2010.

Interview

Interview was well planned across multiple levels which also included subordinate level of interview. At each round, there was new set of questions.. implying previous round feedback was analysed well by next level panel. I would rate the interview process - Excellent.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to be very specific about. Would not like to disclose   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OSI Systems (New Delhi (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

I was directly recruited by the Vice President of the company, the HR was a rubber stamp so just followed instructions. Rest just followed and I joined and operated from Delhi office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not require to negotiate

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSI Systems in May 2010.

Interview

It was an telephonic interview they stressed mainly on Embedded systems.

Interview Questions

• memory size of unsigned int and signed int interms of bytes   Answer Question