Oakland University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oakland University Interview Questions

2.3

Tutor Interview

Interview

There isn't really an interview process, you get a recommendation from the professor of the course in which you will be tutoring. That professor will contact the individual in charge of the tutoring center and he/she will decide whether or not to offer you the position.

Student Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakland University (Rochester, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 other people. The first half was behavioural questions. For this portion expect "Tell us about yourself" ,etc.
    The second half was technical questions. They told me at the beginning they do not have any expectations for this section and that it is OK to say you don't know. If you took CSE 247 take a look at your notes because will help you for that part.

Academic Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oakland University (Rochester, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

-Interviewed first with the staff of the Academic Advising unit I applied for
    - Next interview round was with administration of the academic unit
    - Polite and cordial process
    - Most interviews in higher ed seem to be with a panel of potential staff members, this interview was consistent.
    - Allowed the interviewee to see the personalities of those who you might be working with

Student Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakland University (Rochester, MI).

Interview

There will be 3 interviewers asking you a series of tech-related questions, as well as situation based questions. You do not have to be extremely tech savvy, just have good people skills. They are able to train you to do a lot of the tasks that will be needed of you.

Teaching Assistant At Oakland University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oakland University (Rochester, MI).

Interview

Applied to the dept directly and they had shortlisted me - had a brief interview which was very informal. After a month I was emailed that I was awarded a TA and had to sign few papers. I had to take 8 credits in upcoming semester

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such. It was very easy. Probably my grades helped me   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as its a standard one for students

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oakland University.

Interview

Apply by filing up admission document. You will reply from graduate school.Depending on your scores and graduate school criteria , one will be able to get admission.It will take some time for this process. Maybe around 2-3 months

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Just apply online.One doesn't has to pay application fees. It will take some time for this process. Maybe around 2-3 months.Depending on your scores and graduate school criteria , one will be able to get admission.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

I actually walked in looking for a job & they were looking for an assistant so I was hired on the spot.

Negotiation

Unnecessary as I wasn't interviewed

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakland University (Auburn, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very straight forward. The job was found online through the career network website on campus. The interviewers were both leaders of the technology team in the school of business. Very professional and done quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with troubleshooting hardware and software in a domain environment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakland University.

Interview

I had applied online through OU Career Link and received a call back from them after a week or so. They called me for an in person interview in which I was asked a series of technical questions and work experience. A couple days later I was made an offer. I recommend sending a thank you email after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to identify various computer pieces and other technical troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Job was posted on career link of the school

Interview Questions

• How do you handle project failure   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation as it was fixed rate