Octagon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Octagon Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

It was a great hiring process, very professional! 4 separate interviews with HR, Account Director, Group Director and the client + plus a project based assignment. I truly enjoyed the process of getting to know each person on the team and to get a more in-depth look into the position and its responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Octagon Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We believe the Candidate Experience is an important part of the hiring process and are happy to hear that your experience was a positive one.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Rogers, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR just a couple days after I submitted my application. Then I traveled for my in person interview. Shortly after that I had to do one more phone interview. Everything moved very quick and smooth and they were very transparent with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience that would allow you to meet the requirements for this position.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews with team leaders, 1 presentation to senior leaders via video chat. Whole process took less than two weeks, from initial phone interview to offer. Recruitment team was easy to connect with and quick to respond throughout the entire process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and two in person interviews; one of the interviews was with a panel. After each round of interviews, I had a debrief meeting with my recruiting coordinator to discussed how the interviews went. I felt that the way Octagon handled the interview process, while lengthy, was thorough and added a personal touch that was very different than any other interview process I had experienced. It made me value the company's overall vetting process that much more.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you may have experienced conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

After a brief phone call with a HR rep I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to prepare a sample work based off materials provided by the company. I then met in person with members of the department I was Interviewing for and completed a trial day.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a long process but I sincerely enjoyed everyone I spoke with. They made the process feel personal and inclusive, and I learned a great deal about the culture in the events department at Octagon. One of the better interviews I've had, but be prepared for a long process. There were about 4-5 different conversations with multiple supervisors and the HR rep before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your background and why you think this position is right for you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Clear, concise, and kind. The representative was extremely helpful and made sure to answer any and all of my questions. I was impressed with the HR process throughout. I also appreciated the candor and authenticity of those I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up here, at this point in your career?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, however I felt as though the hiring manager really worked with me to find the best fit within the company. In the end I accepted a different position than I started off applying for, but it worked out for the best in the end! I am grateful for the personal touch. The whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, very basic get to know you and your background type questions.   Answer Question

Experiential Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Octagon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Great process. It was a breeze for me since I am well versed in event management; the interview questions were laid back but open enough where I had to let them know why I was the best candidate for the job by detailing my experience as it fit with their client needs. As with most companies, I picked up that Octagon wants GREAT talent that will be able to take their company and their clients firm to the next level. If you are sharp and know your craft, with a great can do personality...you will be at the top of their candidate list.

I had four phone interviews with Octagon reps, followed by two phone interviews with reps from the specific account I am assigned to. I applied in mid July 2016 and was offered a position in the first week of September. Process moved pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (background, experience, type of events you have planned, experience in the industry)..   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you faced a challenge with an event?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Met me at the middle of the salary range that was offered.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Process took about four weeks. Two phone calls with HR, and then information was passed to Account Manager and Director which led to a lengthy phone interview with them. Process seems to be more about being a good fit for the company.