Octagon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

ACCOUNT TRAINEE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a talent accusation associate that I had worked with in the past. She put me in contact via a phone interview with who would be my direct manager to start the interview process. After that I met with his two managers via a skype interview. I received a written offer within 3 days of my last interview. The team communicated constantly which was a great benefit to have as some organizations try to leave you in the dark until they offer you the job. Laura, my talent acquisition associate, was very open and answered any questions I had. This was a great experience and I am very excited to begin working for Octagon

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews and an assignment. I started interviewing with the person that will oversee me, and moved up from there. Fairly easy questions, and nothing super random. Everyone was very nice and seemed well prepared. Being out of town, all my interviews were over the phone, however, they did ask for a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your background? How did you find the position? What interested you in the position?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Octagon in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process for this position consisted of two interviews, one in person and the other over video chat. The culture and atmosphere of the company was well portrayed through both interviews, where the interviewers brought a fun, open, work-hard play-hard mentality to the table.

Interview Questions

• What experience qualifies you for this position? Why/explain?   Answer Question
    • What was something that attracted you to the position?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

It was a great hiring process, very professional! 4 separate interviews with HR, Account Director, Group Director and the client + plus a project based assignment. I truly enjoyed the process of getting to know each person on the team and to get a more in-depth look into the position and its responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Octagon Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We believe the Candidate Experience is an important part of the hiring process and are happy to hear that your experience was a positive one.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Rogers, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR just a couple days after I submitted my application. Then I traveled for my in person interview. Shortly after that I had to do one more phone interview. Everything moved very quick and smooth and they were very transparent with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience that would allow you to meet the requirements for this position.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews with team leaders, 1 presentation to senior leaders via video chat. Whole process took less than two weeks, from initial phone interview to offer. Recruitment team was easy to connect with and quick to respond throughout the entire process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and two in person interviews; one of the interviews was with a panel. After each round of interviews, I had a debrief meeting with my recruiting coordinator to discussed how the interviews went. I felt that the way Octagon handled the interview process, while lengthy, was thorough and added a personal touch that was very different than any other interview process I had experienced. It made me value the company's overall vetting process that much more.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you may have experienced conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

After a brief phone call with a HR rep I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to prepare a sample work based off materials provided by the company. I then met in person with members of the department I was Interviewing for and completed a trial day.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octagon (Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a long process but I sincerely enjoyed everyone I spoke with. They made the process feel personal and inclusive, and I learned a great deal about the culture in the events department at Octagon. One of the better interviews I've had, but be prepared for a long process. There were about 4-5 different conversations with multiple supervisors and the HR rep before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your background and why you think this position is right for you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Octagon (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Clear, concise, and kind. The representative was extremely helpful and made sure to answer any and all of my questions. I was impressed with the HR process throughout. I also appreciated the candor and authenticity of those I interviewed with.