Octagon Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Octagon CEO Rick Dudley
Rick Dudley
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and didn't see a lot of games(in 20 reviews)

• "Low pay, especially for amount of time an effort you put in(in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

""All-In""

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Octagon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Just got back from our All Company Meeting which happened over 3-days in Springfield, MA. This time together with my colleagues reinforced for me what a great agency Octagon is. The commitment Octagon shows to its employees was showcased through-out our time there. We were involved, we had the chance to learn, showcase our successes and most importantly we had the opportunity to have fun and interact with one... another. Key take-aways: great ppl, great work and a real investment to be the best.

Cons

Still need to continue to move the needle on becoming more competitive in the marketplace related to salaries.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing related to inclusive diversity.

Octagon2019-03-29
  2. "Overall, Positive Experience"

Current Employee - ACCOUNT TRAINEE in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Octagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office in Stamford stocked with food, lots of opportunities to travel, awesome community, can easily jump in and help other teams, working in the sports world, upper management is awesome

Cons

Pay isn't great even after you advance to become an account exec or account manager (especially for cost of living in East Coast), Only so much advancement that you can do, "Cool tax" for working in sports

Advice to Management

Everything was

Octagon2019-06-05
  3. "The high side of agency life"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Octagon full-time

Pros

Wonderful culture of inclusiveness and openness. HQ is new and beautiful overlooking the water. A lot of work depends on the client you work for, but Octagon works hard to support their staff and be an advocate. Traveled the world.

Cons

At the will of the client, agencies never sleep. Not always the most clear about potential for upward mobility, left guessing about opportunities for promotions. You do the work for the awesome experiences, not for the pay.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in professional development. A very young culture is great and energizing, but often felt there was a disconnect with such young core and older management - nothing much in the middle.

Octagon2019-08-09
  4. "Good Life Balance, Poor Pay"

Current Employee - Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Octagon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance is highly valued Kind People Big retainer clients

Cons

Upper management is mostly male Pay is not competitive

Octagon2019-08-02
  5. "What to do"

Current Employee - ACCOUNT TRAINEE

I have been working at Octagon full-time

Pros

Able to work from home.

Cons

Can get boring at times and repetative

Octagon2019-07-08

July 29, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Hi there. Thanks for your comments. We've got lots of work - - some super cool and interesting and some stuff that is routine day-to-day that goes along with the rest. That being said, if you aren't being challenged, raise your hand, we may not know. We are always looking for folks to participate in other work, whether on your current team or other. For us, taking initiative and ownership is just as important as experience in a related field or area of expertise.

6. "NA"

Current Employee - ACCOUNT TRAINEE

I have been working at Octagon full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is great experience right out of college.

Cons

I don't think it is for everyone.

Octagon2019-04-29
  7. "World Leader"

Former Employee - Group Director

I worked at Octagon full-time

Pros

Rewards Excellent Work (Recognition) Great Clients Office Location

Cons

Small Raises & Bonuses Unable to Transfer to different BU

Octagon2019-04-16
  8. "Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Octagon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment, challenging multidisciplinary work, good company culture, regular access to senior management, flexible work schedule

Cons

Company structure inhibits growth at senior levels.

Octagon2019-03-30

April 6, 2019Talent Acquisition Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to share a review! It's great to know that your time with us has been rewarding. We pride ourselves on our open door policy to senior management and know that being flexible helps our people to accomplish great work. With our new structure, focused on specialized specialists, we're confident that employees at all levels will have the opportunity to gain a stellar level of expertise. If you'd like to share your thoughts or insights as to how we can promote growth at the senior levels we'd love to hear them! Feel free to send us a note at opportunities@octagon.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Octagon full-time

Pros

Teams are very welcoming, the work is challenging but exciting, and the office is great

Cons

Travel can come up very last minute

Octagon2019-03-22
  10. "We can do better!"

Current Employee - ~Employee ~ in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Octagon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Culture and Awesome Perks.

Cons

The company struggles with equal pay across the board as it relates to women and people of color getting equal pay to white men.

Advice to Management

The Support Service Groups are not treated equally when it comes to "salary". Employees understand their position do not generate revenue, but they are important and should feel valued.

Octagon2019-04-19

April 30, 2019SVP, People and Culture

First, let me congratulate you on 10+ years of service and thank you for your dedication to our company. In regards to your comments, I can assure you that our compensation philosophy and practices are based on performance, and not influenced by race or gender. We have instituted various compensation committees to help ensure that visibility and participation in salary decisions is not limited to senior leadership. To hear that you don’t believe you are valued is very concerning to me as every department is critical to our business success. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to talk with you and learn more about your concerns and your experiences within our company. I hope to hear from you.

Found 188 reviews