Cover image for Odin

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Odin Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 2 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Odin

Odin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Odin in Aug 2018

Interview

interview was done over phone, they first go over general behavioral questions, and later asked about any previous experience with customer service relating to technical questions relating to windows os

Interview Questions
  • How is your experience with windows OS?
    Answer Question
  • How would you handle a situation, when client is not patient?
  • Do you like working part of small team, or by yourself?
  • How proficient are you regarding printer setup on a windows Operating system
  • Do you have any experience on Mysql?
  • Are you familiar with cloud and web application
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odin (Cambridge, MA) in Aug 2014

Interview

I was contacted by John-Leonard to work at this company for $14/hour. I was extremly desperate for a job at the time and said I was available as soon as they needed me. I recieved a call from John-Leonard 10 minutes after I said I was intrested in the position via email. I then went through John-Leonard's hiring process the next day. On that same day I was supposed to have a phone interview with my soon to be manager. Instead of a phone interview he asked if I would be able to come in to the office and interview in person instead. I obliged and made the trip to Upland Street in Cambridge. The interview was one of the most awkward interviews I've ever experienced. It consisted of meeting Ken (my direct manager) who turned out to be a really nice guy. I talked to him for about 10 minutes outside of the house were I would be working and then he invited me inside to meet the team. As I entered the "office" I was greeted by 8 computer desktops spread out on numberous desks and tables in the living room of the house. About 4 people were currently there working and Ken guided me to one of the employees. He left me by the side of this employee soon after introducing us and expected me to ask whatever questions I wanted to know about the job. There were two problems with this interviewing approach. 1. I had no clue what to ask the employee. Ken told me a quick summary of what the job was going to be. Something like "you'll be answering questions people have about the software we provide and, when you have time, start working on creating/editing the software of some of our peripherals" is what he said. So when I had to start asking this employee questions it was me basically just asking what he was doing at that current moment and what peripherals Ken was talking about. This led to pauses in our conversations because either I ran out of things to ask or he was busy helping the customers he was currently working with. 2. Ken left me in the livingroom office for I want to say was about a hour without any direction as to what I was supposed to be doing, who I should be shadowing/asking questions more so than others, and just how long this process should go on. The only reason this whole process ended was because I was beginning to feel extremely awkward just going up to each employee while they worked and just sit behind them and watch whatever tasks they were doing on screen. One employee recieved a phone call while I was asking him questions and another was working on in-house software that was impossible to decifer with the limited amount of time I had. So eventually the "interview" turned into me watching people work on tasks where I had no idea what was going on. After this scenario played out for what seemed like forever I went to go seek Ken to see if this "interview" had any timeline associated with it. He was in the other house (there are two houses that Ken uses as part of this company, one where he resides and one where all the other employees reside) so I walked across the street and eventually told him that I could start whenver he needed me to and he said that I should come in the next day at 9AM to start. The fact that I got the job with less then 20 minutes of interaction with my direct manager was kind of weird but I was desperate so I quickly jumped at the oppurtunity.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't anyway unexpected questions. This is because he just asked if was interested in helping people with their IT problems and working on in house software when I had free time. This was basically the only question he asked me aside from reviewing a few things on my resume.
2 people found this interview helpful

70 Comments

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Odin~685277
Join the conversation on