Ohio National Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple managers. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. Comfortable environment, although even though my interview was scheduled, they still told me they had to wait for an interview room to open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of attributes are important to you when it comes to selecting a company to work for?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on the website and got a call with 2 weeks. First round interview with HR and the Manager. I had to take an online assessment. Came back for a second interview a week later to interview with other staff from the department. The people I interviewed with were friendly, accommodating, and answered all my questions. Received a lot of communication throughout the interview process on status.

New Business Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I initially had a quick phone interview with someone from HR, followed up by in person interview with the area manager, and was asked to come in again for another in person interview with team lead of the team that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a higher pay than offered and did not get what I asked for but did receive more than the initial offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Blue Ash, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Obtained interview through recruiter. Their IT department is incredibly busy with an implementation go-live pending, so the manager was a bit distracted. Showed me some process maps and explained that I would be required to document and learn the interface flows and train users accordingly, identify gaps and new requirements and work with stakeholders to prioritize. Specifically my forte.

Left me feeling confident that I would be joining the team, and indicated they would be making an offer. Two days later they declined my candidacy stating they wanted someone with insurance experience.

I wish they would have indicated that they were looking for someone with insurance experience, i would have saved us both time and declined the interview.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR from a app i submitted. Because I was out of state, my first interview was telephone, with the hiring manager and two other folks. They talked at me for about 40 minutes and decided they LOVED me and needed to get me in ASAP. They had told me I would be reimbursed for my 5.5 hour drive. I took one of my last vacation days and drove in. THe interview was all day. I was not told of that in advance and not told who I would meet. I took a 300 question psych assessment before the interview, and the results of that assessment generated questions for them to ask me. It was a horrible, mind numbing experience. They alternated between selling me on the company and trying to find any way or reason to convince me and themselves that I didn't want to move to Cincinnati. IT worked. I didn't get an offer, and they never reimbursed my cost. After all the effort I put in, all the excitement that was generated, I recieved an automated rejection via their website.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was provided half hour to answer 3 situation format questions. Unfortunately, interviewer was distracted and did not seem to recall details from my answers, arguing I lacked details when we finished the interview in 29 minutes. I told her I will be happy to provide additional details if I'm provided additional time. Because I'm and experienced public speaker, I asked from the start how much time I had, so I would not waste time in idle talk.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you had to overcome with determination.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Walk in and fill out a prescreening questionnaire then they start the interview process. Interviewed with HR for 30 min and then interviewed with my department for another 30 min. Interview was somewhat easy. I have definitely had longer interviews before.

Interview Questions

• Basically just went through my resume   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

They require that you take a 300 question assessment before you get to interview. At least that's what the consulting company recruiter told me for one of their contract to hire positions. To give you some perspective, the PMP exam only has 200 questions. I don't have time for these hoops... I already have a good job. I don't mind testing, but I have to question their judgment and won't subject myself to unreasonable requests.

Interview Questions

• The consulting recruiter was mostly focused on salary.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services in October 2014.

Interview

In person registration with a HR person and direct manager. Fairly standard questions. Could have described the position better. Very laid back. The whole process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

Ohio National Financial Services Response

Jun 21, 2017 – Supervisor, Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your interviewing experience. Congratulations on your new position!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ohio National Financial Services (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Professional, in depth, Initial phone interview, background check, personality testing, followed up by two more one on one interviews with management team. Interview process was very typical for Financial Services Industry. Do your homework on company, be prepared to provide examples/ results as to why and how you'd be an asset to company.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of difficult situations, how you overcame them, the results.   Answer Question