Olsson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Olsson

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olsson in August 2016.

Interview

Recommended by former classmate who currently worked at Olsson. Had an interview within a week of sending in my resume. Completed online behavioral assessment and submitted a background check and had an offer by the beginning of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had difficulty working with a client, and how did you solve the issue.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olsson (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening, followed by 2 in-person interviews. It felt very relaxed and everyone I talked to helped make it clear what is was they were asking for and what they expected from the interns.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weakness or something that is currently not a strong suit, but you are working on?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olsson (Lincoln, NE) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR rep as well as the team leader. The HR rep asked most of the questions, mostly about what I had learned in classes that I could apply to the internship as well as other experience and jobs. Took around two weeks to hear back when I got my offer and had to go through the drug and background checks. She was flexible on start dates. It was a good interview for an internship position and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about what I knew about the company.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olsson (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very casual interview, lasted about an hour with a tour of the office. I met a representative at my college career fair and had a short phone screening prior to the in office interview.

I was disappointed that they did not offer compensation for gas, especially since I made the drive to Kansas City solely for the interview....but then again I did not request compensation because I was afraid that asking would hurt my chances at an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work under a time constraint/pressure.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone interview with human resources. Then if they like you, you will go to the site and have an in person interview with the engineers and the people you will be working with.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olsson (Omaha, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview was very laid back and down to earth. They stayed away from "trick" questions or questions that led me into a trap. I felt like they were fair with the information I was able to give with my limited experience. They didn't feel like a panel or judges like so many job interviews do, but more as a room with equals questioning and sharing input. At one time during the interview process my interviewer (now supervisor) told stories of college and when he was a young engineer which made it much easier to relax and communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• What path do you see yourself following during your professional career?
      What made you choose (Specific Field) Engineering?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Olsson?   1 Answer
    • What do you want to get our of this experience with Olsson?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olsson.

Interview

I was screened by email at first and then had one interview with a panel of four people including human resources, upper management and other staff. I was asked the basic interview questions. The process took about two week. I ended up not receiving an offer due to being overqualified for the available position.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions that were usual or to be expected.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Olsson (Lincoln, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

It was relaxed and easy going. The lady I spoke with and communicated through email before my phone screening was very professional and personable. It made it easy to interview with her.

Interview Questions

• What would you need to feel comfortable and have drive coming to work each day?   1 Answer

Cadd Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olsson (Omaha, NE) in January 2018.

Interview

Sit down interview with Supervisor, Team Leader, and HR representative. Very relaxed interview. Reviewed my job history and explained a little of the company. Basically let me interview myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your schooling has helped you prepare for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olsson.

Interview

Very personable interview with a small pannel. It also was a very effient and to the point interview which was nice. There was not a very long waiting long periods after the interview for the offer.

Interview Questions

• How did (internship, travel, etc.) experiences influence your designs   Answer Question