Omaha Steaks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.3

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Two interviews, each with different people. Second time walked in the same time as CEO who informed me that nobody there dresses in suit and tie. Standard interview questions, nothing unusual.

Interview Questions

• How well are you at presentations? (unexpected for a programming position)   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Very slow interview process. Several interviews with management, and was told it wasn't the right fit. Then several weeks later, they called me back and asked me to come do a 20 minute presentation. They gave me the prompt when I arrived and I had about 2 hours to prep and then deliver it to a panel. More interview questions from the panel. Not sure why they led me on, I think they had made up their minds before I even came back.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Initial process very good. Phone and first in person interviews were great.

Second in person interview with department VP was unbelievable. It was nothing short of blatant age discrimination. He unilaterally decided that I wouldn't be working there long enough to satisfy him. He apparently wanted to only consider people who he thought would be working there for 20+ years.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was laid back. There was two people who interviewed me. Asked the basic questions then allowed me to talk about my experiences. It was an average experience. I declined the offer because my compensation requirements were not met. After applying I was scheduled an interview in four days. I received an offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

My compensation requirements were not met. There was no room for negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Beachwood, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about an hour, she asked semi-difficult questions... I wasn't hired on the spot but got called back less than a week later with an offer for the job. The hiring process is still on going... She said I was going to get a call from the corporate office to move forward with employment and still haven't received a call. It's been almost two weeks now since then. I called back explaining that I never received a call from their office but she insisted that I would be receiving a call but still nothing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. It's $10/hr plus commission sales and bonuses.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

The seasonal hiring process was very straightforward and fast, the whole process from walking into the door to walking out with a start date was about 2 hours. A test in the computer room is able to quickly decide what you're qualified for, from there you go straight into the interview which is very well placed and the hiring decision is made while you are in the office. None of the paperwork is overly difficult, and employees are in place if you need questions answered for any part of the process.

Interview Questions

• A sheet of paper was given out with a customer service situation on it for you to act out with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager. Review qualifications. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Asked about sales experience. Very casual. You do not need to know everything about steak to do this job. They did not ask about your knowledge of steak products. They got to know you on a personal level.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Smooth and fast process. The HR recruiter was very helpful and kept me in the loop during the whole process. The interview consisted of two 1 on 1 meetings with two executives in the company.

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences?
      How would you manage presenting ideas and thoughts in front of a group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview

it was easy basic questions like bla bla bla if you like us so much why dont you just hire me bro? i mean the job cant be that hard if i cant get a job how do i get experience brah

Interview Questions

Too easy of a job bore my mind

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview

I received a phone call from the store manager asking if I would be interested in coming for an interview. After that interview a person from HR contact me and did a phone interview. After the phone interview we set up a date to go take my physical.