OmniVision Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.7

Sensor Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview first describing your background and answering several technical questions, then followed by an onsite interview lasted for 4-5 hours with 8-10 people. The experience was good and they are looking for someone with solid analog and VLSI design background.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process like any regular company involves a resume screen, a couple of phone screens and then an on-site interview. It was not a very lengthy process but comprehensive enough. The decisions are made quickly.

Interview Questions

• Being a software role for a new grad, I was tested for my concepts in programming. The interviews tests your technical skills as listed on your resume. Also as the company is into digital imaging, fundamentals of Digital Image Processing is quite crucial. Knowledge of the camera ISP pipeline is very helpful.   Answer Question

Senior Sensor Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and every one in the interview team made me comfortable throughout the interview process. 8 members interviewed me and checked my skills in the related field and interviewed me to check if I fit in the team or not.

Associate Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR, and a few days later with the hiring manager. The next week, I came in for an interview at the company headquarters. I was shown the company's premier products, then interviewed by the three managers I would be working under, from lowest to highest.

Interview Questions

• How are you with deadlines, working under pressure?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Omnivision Technologies was really good. I was able to understand the clear network of the organization.The Interviewing team(Team of 4) was so good and experienced with the clear vision. I was able to meet the Company CEO. I can clearly see lot of gowth opportunities in Omnivision. Whole team looked so organized and Punctual in their schedule and this was the best part. I would be really fortunate, if I get this opportunity to work with OVT.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the challenges in rercuitment, which I have faced. Also about the work schedule, my techniques to source candidate.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Conducted professionally, and the on-site interview was very helpful to see the team and the facilities. The visitor center and demo areas were very nice, and I believe a good indicator of how the company functions, efficient, effective, and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a new position   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Due to my work experience matching what they wanted, I went from a phone interview with the recruiter to an in person interview with the team in the same week. Spoke with the IT manager and 2 team members. The team was extremely busy so I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted with the team members to get a full picture of how things functioned within the team.

Interview Questions

• Basically going over active directory, exchange, project experience, knowledge of MDM administration.   Answer Question

Cultural fit

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through school job portal. I got a phone call from HR (without prior email notification) and told me that hiring manager liked my resume and would like to speak on phone. Then HM called on specified time and talked with me for about 45 minutes. After 3-4 days later, HR called me again for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was very rigorous, included 1:1 with eight different people (some of them were not even related to the job- FYI, themselves told me that they don't really work with this team). So interview went for 5 hours (which included a lunch interview).
    After the interview, HR called two days later and told me that they will need some more days to make a decision. I then followed up after a week, after two weeks and after a month; but HR was not respectful enough to reply!

Interview Questions

• I was asked sorting algorithm for this role, I don't understand why!   1 Answer
    • Market research related questions:
      1) What is S-curve?
      2) Why would one semiconductor company acquire another?
      3) What are pros/cons of a private company and public company?   Answer Question

Senior Production Planner Interview

Interview

The interviewer/hiring manager spoke Chinese and limited English with heavy accent during the interview. After I mentioned what I expected the salary according to the market pay rates, she emphasized only "senior senior" planners who had at least 10 years in the semi-conductor industry could possible be expected to get paid "that much"... She even mentioned a "junior" planner can demonstrate this job...

I would recommend candidates who are prepared for the following job routine:
    - Be able to attend meetings 3 times every week from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
    - "Finish" your work before you leave the office; otherwise, you need to bring work home.
    - Adopt the changing production and planning schedule on a daily basis (Forecast Accuracy??)
    - Expect your compensation is below the salary market rates and long work hours.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Got recruiter's phone call and next day onsite Interviewed with team lead, several managers and thought the questions and the process was not overly difficult. People are generally nice and helpful during the interview.