OmniVision Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.7

Senior Sensor Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and every one in the interview team made me comfortable throughout the interview process. 8 members interviewed me and checked my skills in the related field and interviewed me to check if I fit in the team or not.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Omnivision Technologies was really good. I was able to understand the clear network of the organization.The Interviewing team(Team of 4) was so good and experienced with the clear vision. I was able to meet the Company CEO. I can clearly see lot of gowth opportunities in Omnivision. Whole team looked so organized and Punctual in their schedule and this was the best part. I would be really fortunate, if I get this opportunity to work with OVT.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the challenges in rercuitment, which I have faced. Also about the work schedule, my techniques to source candidate.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Conducted professionally, and the on-site interview was very helpful to see the team and the facilities. The visitor center and demo areas were very nice, and I believe a good indicator of how the company functions, efficient, effective, and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a new position   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Due to my work experience matching what they wanted, I went from a phone interview with the recruiter to an in person interview with the team in the same week. Spoke with the IT manager and 2 team members. The team was extremely busy so I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted with the team members to get a full picture of how things functioned within the team.

Interview Questions

• Basically going over active directory, exchange, project experience, knowledge of MDM administration.   Answer Question

Cultural fit

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through school job portal. I got a phone call from HR (without prior email notification) and told me that hiring manager liked my resume and would like to speak on phone. Then HM called on specified time and talked with me for about 45 minutes. After 3-4 days later, HR called me again for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was very rigorous, included 1:1 with eight different people (some of them were not even related to the job- FYI, themselves told me that they don't really work with this team). So interview went for 5 hours (which included a lunch interview).
    After the interview, HR called two days later and told me that they will need some more days to make a decision. I then followed up after a week, after two weeks and after a month; but HR was not respectful enough to reply!

Interview Questions

• I was asked sorting algorithm for this role, I don't understand why!   1 Answer
    • Market research related questions:
      1) What is S-curve?
      2) Why would one semiconductor company acquire another?
      3) What are pros/cons of a private company and public company?
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Got recruiter's phone call and next day onsite Interviewed with team lead, several managers and thought the questions and the process was not overly difficult. People are generally nice and helpful during the interview.

Senior Production Planner Interview

Interview

The interviewer/hiring manager spoke Chinese and limited English with heavy accent during the interview. After I mentioned what I expected the salary according to the market pay rates, she emphasized only "senior senior" planners who had at least 10 years in the semi-conductor industry could possible be expected to get paid "that much"... She even mentioned a "junior" planner can demonstrate this job...

I would recommend candidates who are prepared for the following job routine:
    - Be able to attend meetings 3 times every week from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
    - "Finish" your work before you leave the office; otherwise, you need to bring work home.
    - Adopt the changing production and planning schedule on a daily basis (Forecast Accuracy??)
    - Expect your compensation is below the salary market rates and long work hours.

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast enough. Got a mail from HR. Then went for On site viva. There were 2 onsite viva back to back. They were very good to responding the mail and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Setup and Hold Time Violation, Basics of Mos, Basics of Power Electronics   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied at college career fair and had a short interview on campus. Then, I was scheduled an interview on site a couple weeks later. It was a long interview, 7 different people with 30 minute per person. You interview with all the engineer the Vp and HR at the very end. The people are very nice and understanding. Very straight forward people.

Interview Questions

• Something related to IV curve. Don't remember.   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out for phone call, then phone call with the manger. On site interview with manager for the 2nd round. 3rd round is with director and all cross functional leads.