OmniVision Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OmniVision Technologies

2.7

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process like any regular company involves a resume screen, a couple of phone screens and then an on-site interview. It was not a very lengthy process but comprehensive enough. The decisions are made quickly.

Interview Questions

• Being a software role for a new grad, I was tested for my concepts in programming. The interviews tests your technical skills as listed on your resume. Also as the company is into digital imaging, fundamentals of Digital Image Processing is quite crucial. Knowledge of the camera ISP pipeline is very helpful.   Answer Question

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast enough. Got a mail from HR. Then went for On site viva. There were 2 onsite viva back to back. They were very good to responding the mail and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Setup and Hold Time Violation, Basics of Mos, Basics of Power Electronics   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Got recruiter's phone call and next day onsite Interviewed with team lead, several managers and thought the questions and the process was not overly difficult. People are generally nice and helpful during the interview.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through school job portal. I got a phone call from HR (without prior email notification) and told me that hiring manager liked my resume and would like to speak on phone. Then HM called on specified time and talked with me for about 45 minutes. After 3-4 days later, HR called me again for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was very rigorous, included 1:1 with eight different people (some of them were not even related to the job- FYI, themselves told me that they don't really work with this team). So interview went for 5 hours (which included a lunch interview).
    After the interview, HR called two days later and told me that they will need some more days to make a decision. I then followed up after a week, after two weeks and after a month; but HR was not respectful enough to reply!

Interview Questions

• I was asked sorting algorithm for this role, I don't understand why!   1 Answer
    • Market research related questions:
      1) What is S-curve?
      2) Why would one semiconductor company acquire another?
      3) What are pros/cons of a private company and public company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

Interview

Very straight-forward.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Conducted professionally, and the on-site interview was very helpful to see the team and the facilities. The visitor center and demo areas were very nice, and I believe a good indicator of how the company functions, efficient, effective, and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a new position   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Due to my work experience matching what they wanted, I went from a phone interview with the recruiter to an in person interview with the team in the same week. Spoke with the IT manager and 2 team members. The team was extremely busy so I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted with the team members to get a full picture of how things functioned within the team.

Interview Questions

• Basically going over active directory, exchange, project experience, knowledge of MDM administration.   Answer Question

Cultural fit

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies in July 2018.

Interview

It took 30 min for the phone interview, and ask me to introduce myself. Start asking the working experience, and how it related to the job position. Ask the trouble-shooting experience and failure analysis methods

Senior Production Planner Interview

Interview

The interviewer/hiring manager spoke Chinese and limited English with heavy accent during the interview. After I mentioned what I expected the salary according to the market pay rates, she emphasized only "senior senior" planners who had at least 10 years in the semi-conductor industry could possible be expected to get paid "that much"... She even mentioned a "junior" planner can demonstrate this job...

I would recommend candidates who are prepared for the following job routine:
    - Be able to attend meetings 3 times every week from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
    - "Finish" your work before you leave the office; otherwise, you need to bring work home.
    - Adopt the changing production and planning schedule on a daily basis (Forecast Accuracy??)
    - Expect your compensation is below the salary market rates and long work hours.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Got the phone interview first , and then after several days, got on-site interview with 6 people. The people are friendly and it goes smoothly. The interview is not difficult and they give the offer the other day.