Once Upon A Child Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Once Upon A Child

1.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (El Paso, TX).

Interview

I got a text message about 3 days later after submitting my resume. I arrived early and the owner was late went in was the first to be interviewed so was not so organized. Got a 2nd interview later that day and got hired at night.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child in August 2014.

Interview

I showed up early. The owner, who was conducting the interviews, was running behind. They were very amicable and kind. They mostly wanted to know about my previous work experience and schedule availability.

Interview Questions

• Any previous experience in retail?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Lafayette, IN) in July 2011.

Interview

I went to the store and asked for an application. Then the manager conducted an interview with me in her office just asking my availability. I started the next day

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Newnan, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applications are turned in in person. Called back about a week later and scheduled a group interview. The group interview was fun and 3/4ths of us got hired a couple days later.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submit your application in store, I had a group interview, and 2 out of the 3 were hired. The interview is quick and is more like a small chat with a group of friends, but don't copy what everyone else in the interview is saying. Make sure you know at least one or two kid's clothing brands.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child in January 2018.

Interview

Asked many questions that would help them get to know me better. It was a group interview with about ten other people there all applying for the same job. I think that it was a very basic interview that almost anyone can pass without even prepping

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

I went to an open interview. I had to wait about 10-15 minutes becaue people had come in before me. The interviewer for some reason asked if I knew anyone that worked there.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Straightforward and easy to answer questions. I was interviewed by the store manager. She seemed a little unorganized but was very down to earth. The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes. I was offered the job immediately following the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Novi, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

There is no interview process. You come in and meet with the store manager for about 3 minutes, and if she feels like you are a good fit for her personality, then you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Very simple questions.
    - What is your schedule like?
    - How many hours do you want?
    - Are you in school?

It was the most laid back interview I've ever had! It wasn't really an interview, it felt more like a casual conversation.