Once Upon A Child Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Once Upon A Child Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

Have you ever used this company or company before in your personal shopping before,for your needs before. How was your experience? Would you recommend it to others​? Questions like this were asked. I can't remember word for word, however; this was basically what I retained from the information.

Interview Questions

• Questions about honesty and integrity. They also gave a brief questionnaire on math, grammar, vocabulary and reading.
          The company wanted to know if knew anything about this store,and what you knew about the store personally. Have you worked at this store before?
           I hope I this helps you in anyway possible. I found this company personally helpful years ago and would love to work work for them in the near future.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Roswell, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply two days before my interview that email the next morning to schedule an interview for the very next day I met with the girl the interview was very brief about 10 minutes and she said that she really liked me as I was leaving about 10 minutes after I left I was offered the position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

I brought in a paper application from their website. I was given an on the spot interview in their break room. Was told it was a hard job. Very stressful. Was asked if I could start Monday (it was a Friday).

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called after submitting my application through Snag A Job. When I was called it for an interview, I made sure to arrive about 15 minutes early as I usually do. I was rudely informed by an associate that I would just have to wait since I decided to come early. I tried to stand out of the way of customers, but the store was very overstuffed and disorganized for lack of better words.

When I was called back, it turned out to be a group interview in the back room. Surprise surprise, this room was also packed to the ceiling with tubs of clothes and very little space to walk around. The manager was rude and I felt incredibly awkward being there.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions, such as why do you want to work for our company? How do you handle disputes between coworkers? What skills do you have that will benefit our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is a minimum wage position with minimum hours as I later discovered.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (El Paso, TX).

Interview

I got a text message about 3 days later after submitting my resume. I arrived early and the owner was late went in was the first to be interviewed so was not so organized. Got a 2nd interview later that day and got hired at night.

Anonymous Employee in Orland Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Orland Hills, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Brought resume in for a open interviews, interview had 5 questions . Manager explained what she was looking for and concluded the interview by saying she was going to give me a call

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call the very next day. I had a short phone interview and then was asked to come in later the same day. I felt that everything started off well, I had a lot in common with the owners as far as hobbies go and I gave a lot of background on my previous job. However, the store was brand new and was due to open in a couple of weeks. The owners were a married couple and this was their first business so I felt the interview was "over done" (if that's even a thing). I mean every single interview question in the book that you could think of was asked. I would say I was in there anywhere from 45-60 minuets answering the same questions for them over and over again because I had talked to both of them separately. I'm convinced that I did not get an offer because of my GPA (3.0). He said that was too low and asked what I could of done to make it better. I was shocked honestly. They couldn't enforce enough on how much learning and education was important to them. I felt confused at some points in the interview, I was asking myself "did I not apply to an ENTRY LEVEL retail position job?" I asked about the training process, they told me there was a type of online course where you had to do modules and that you would be given a handbook as well. I was extremely disappointed by the end of the interview and very upset. They told me they were going to call me and never did, it was a complete waste of my time in the sense that after the first 10-15 minuets they should of known right away if I was fit for the position or not. I feel they made a big mistake, someone who had just graduated high school and already has previous experience in retail. As sweet and passionate as they were I felt they were very clueless as to what they were doing. No hard feelings though. Best of luck to them and the business.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Carmel, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I got there a little early and had to wait a little bit. One of the assistant managers eventually came and took me back to the manager/owners office. It was a fairly professional location. The owner was very friendly and asked me a few questions and then asked me about my availability, transportation (bc I'm only 15), etc. She then proceeded to offer me the job and I accepted without negotiation. I didn't really know what to wear as this was my first job interview, so I wore a dress with tights, booties, and a jean jacket.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Once Upon a Child?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have consistent forms of transportation?
      Are you able to work in a fast pace environment?
      How did you find out we were hiring?
      Other simple questions.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Dayton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in for an open interview (Friday). I was told about the company, when busy and slow seasons are, and about how well the store is doing. The I was asked about my availability, previous job and duties, why I left the job, if I had children, and if I had any medical issues that would prevent me from standing during work hours or lifting up to 40 lbs. I was then called back for a second interview (Monday) that was mainly asking about my availability and describing the Snag a Job paperwork process and background check.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing? What if it was your friend?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Newport News, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Extremely simple process. I applied online, specifically on Snag a Job. The manager contacted me via phone and email inviting me for an interview (four days after applying). The manager offered me the Sales Associate position the same day via phone.

The manager asked very basic and straight forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Elaborate upon your resume, i.e. previous work/volunteer experience.
      What're your strengths and weaknesses? How would your previous employers/supervisors describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you think your strengths and weakness will affect your work here?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Do you have any questions?   1 Answer