OneLegacy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneLegacy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

Ptc Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OneLegacy.

Interview

Hiring process was tedious. Overall, it took me about 6 months from initial application to when I got hired. Luckily my job was flexible so i was able to complete my contract then start at OneLegacy. Then, they tried to call a week before my start date to push it 2 weeks later which at that point I said No because i already quit my job. Overall, it was fine but the process took too long.

Interview Questions

• Plans for the next 5 years
      What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They low-balled me and paid me below what i was making.

Surgical Recovery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very professional. They provided me with all the amenities to make the interview as pleasant as possible.
    The organization schedules the entire interview process according to my needs.

Interview Questions

• General questions based on your education and work experience.

These questions are never missing: your weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process is standard. Phone interview, followed by an interview with one person that tells you that if you pass that one interview you have to go back for another interview with the VP and then another interview with the CEO. As if it is easy for you to find 5 hours a day to spare. Traffic around their building is horrible.

Interview Questions

• They read the same questions 80 % of the companies ask. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years (it would be 10 but I'm old and there was a chance I would answer - RETIRED)"
      Another question: "what attracted you to apply for One Legacy?" I was asked that question twice and I was trying to say that I had never heard about One Legacy before until I saw their job posting on the top of the list of Indeed website, in a polite way, but the interviewer could not understand and kept asking.
      Further questions: if we have a problem getting vaccines and if we have any problems with working with the latest technologies. (Based on what I saw and heard their technology is not so advanced).   Answer Question

Donation Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Three steps to interview process
    1) Phone Interview-completed with direct supervisor.
    In Person Interview with direct supervisor and other management staff.
    In Person Interview with Upper Management staff.
    The interviews were comfortable and professional. They were held at the corporate office in downtown Los Angeles.
    The in person interview was followed by some personality testing and logical reasoning testing at the corporate office. I found both of these to be standard as I had experience taking tests like these in the past.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work on call at any hour of the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very comfortable and easy since I accepted the first offer.

Donation Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first, In person interview next with director supervisor. This was a panel interview with three people asking questions. 2nd interview after taking personality test with Senior leadership.This was with two senior leadership managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A phone call with an offer was extended. I considered the offer overnight and gave my answer the next day.

Communications Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied for job from online application. Received a phone call several days later to set up interview at downtown Los Angeles office. I was interviewed by a single manager. The interview lasted around 45 minutes of was not stressful. The manager was engaging and really seemed interested in what I had to say. I was asked to complete a second interview at one of their remote locations and was interviewed by two people, also both very personable. They asked my typical questions such as "Tell us about yourself," "What makes you the best candidate for this job?" "How do you handle stress," etc. I was called the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I can not think of any really difficult or unexpected questions. The one I like the least is "What difficulties have you encountered in past projects and how did you solve the problems?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. In filling out the application I was asked to put my salary expectations. It was low so I was offered $7,000 above that which was great. If was offered that amount and accepted.

Surgical Recovery Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OneLegacy.

Interview

I put in an application and received a message to be available at X date and time. I actually got the call a month later. After that call an interview was set up the following week. I was left alone to fill out paper work while the interviewer went out and did something else. I was finished and had to wait 20 minutes for her to check back on me.

Interview Questions

• What are your 2 greatest weaknesses? A great deal of technical question on tissues be prepared.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Very easy process. I only met with two people and was made an offer a few days later. The manager was friendly. The vacancy was due to a promotion. The previous person was in the interview as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating as my salary was an increase over my last job.

Donor Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a call from the Donor Information Manager who stated she saw my resume online and inquired if I would be interested in their organization, and specifically the Donor Information Coordinator position. I was scheduled for an interview the next day. I was interviewed by the Donor Information Manager and another manager from a different department. After the interview, she asked me to immediately meet with the COO and another director (who were located in a different office at the time). She asked me to call her after my meeting with the COO, in which she offered me the job right then.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with medical abbreviations? What does MI mean? H&P? CA? Etc.   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals for the next few years?   Answer Question
    • What do you know and like about this industry?   Answer Question

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneLegacy (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

This is a strange organization. Particularly as a non-profit, they appear to possess an extremely high ego, and demonstrate that 'outsiders" (applicants, non-employees) cannot possibly be of the same mission-driven caliber as they. Too busy protecting their internal domain, than to seriously consider any real talent presented to them, their business challenges go unaddressed -- apparently these are too important for anyone else to resolve.
    Initially I was introduced to them by an external recruiter who had presented multiple applicants. OL rejected one after the other, until finally appearing to accept one, perform background check, etc; and then never followed up. They ended up firing the recruiter after she diplomatically advised that they were unreasonable in their expectations, including wanting a high-level, business-minded IT Director who could also be a complete backup for any number of technicians.

I later responded directly to an ad they ran. Surprisingly, I was called in quickly for an in-person interview (no phone screening.) I met with the hiring manager -- holder of three (3) principle titles. I was seated at his desk in a chair, adjusted noticable lower than his. He was distracted by phone calls which he accepted; and offered no apology to me. He began the interview and simultaneously scanned and studied my resume, as if not seeing if before.

Nonetheless, he appeared interested; even arranging later that day for an interview with a peer manager to occur the next business day!

I met with the peer manager as scheduled. This was quite a condescending experience. This manager was arrogant and more interested in my qualifications addressing his issues, rather than my primary functions in a liaison role with his responsibilities. He went on to indicate that “they received numerous resumes, and they must select the most qualified candidate.” Really? I never realized that was the recruiting and hiring objective. After fishing a bit, I was finally able to crack him, whereby he virtually admitted that the hiring manager was probably on an unrealistic quest, but that it would be his hiring decision. Despite this manager’s ‘embarrassment’ of their inferior technical systems and capabilities (his words), he seemed well trained in the prevailing self-righteous, high superiority culture. He did however in the process, tell of the low level of customer service and general 9 to 5 attitude of the internal staff – completely contrary to the story I was being sold.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question
    • Specific experience on a technical level regarding Outlook, Sharepoint, other business applications/technologies/hardware.   Answer Question