OneTouch Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

1.9

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Two interviews, which included a drug test for me, but from what I saw, I doubt they test everyone. After hire there is paid training; and, after the training, testing. The training was really quite fun and not hard at all. It requires a bit of him study.
    I passed the testing easily, although I am sure that to do well and pass you must do some study.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct.

Interview

It was good except for the fact that they couldn't work with my status as a reservist in the Marine Corps. Apparently my service to country affects their production quote. The interview went smooth for the most part with basic sales questions and questions about my work experience. I have yet to experience a company deny me because of my military service. If you're in the reserves, don't bother with this company.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a tablet to a truck drive versus a stay at home mom?   Answer Question

AT&T B2B Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in for an AT&T B2B interview. The Recruiter determined that I was over-qualified (I had just relocated from another state and needed a job ASAP), so she told me to wait a few minutes while the Recruiting Director got to the office. I had a great interview and chat with her for about an hour. After a few days (Christmas season) she called and told me that she wanted me to be a Recruiter for OTD.

Interview Questions

• You can do absolutely anything that you want, why be a recruiter?   Answer Question

Call Center Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with another applicant. We were asked questions literally in direct competition with one another, given zero feedback. This may be common practice but was very awkward, since the interview was held in an area with high traffic. The interviewer seemed to not have a prepared agenda.

The interviewer was a no show, but the interviewer's supervisor held the meeting. During the interview, this manager continued to entertain questions and at least 5 interruptions from random people. Each time, he asked for someone to find the manager who was supposed to be holding the interview. Eventually, she arrived with food in hand and actually declined to interview us.

We were given a tour after some questions. Several agents were asleep at their desks. We were then escorted to the lobby.

Interview Questions

• Though it was a training position, the first question was to come up with a product, design a slogan/pitch and deliver it to the interviewer within 10 minutes.   Answer Question
    • What was the most effective instance in the history of your training experience?   Answer Question

I was offered a PM shift, which I declined. I was called the following day with an offer for AM. After arriving at our scheduled time to sign the offer letter I was THEN told that it would include at least one weekend day. This was not discussed, offered or provided at any stage during the process - and was not included in the application information. I then met with 4+ staff over a period of 2 hours (during which time I spent 90% of that alone, while waiting for someone to return) and was given THREE different options, shifts, days of the week and start date. I was then told by the last person that I was expected to be 'flexible,' and a 'team player.' How can I be expected to honor expectations that are intentionally hidden, misleading or constantly changing?

I called to discuss one of the offers, left 6 messages with three employees. No answer, no response, no returned calls. I have never seen a hiring process / administration run so poorly.

OneTouch Direct Response

Jul 21, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Your story definitely doesn't reflect the experience we desire for our candidates. We are working diligently to ensure we are improving our processes and techniques so... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me within a hr of request. asked me a few questions about myself. basic interview questions. Told me about the position which is customer service rep for frontier communications. $12.00 hr plus a $2.00 raise after 90 days. I went to the Broadway office which is a very nice building
    there was 16 of us we all went into a room where we had to stand up tell everyone our name and let them know about a pass job and why we liked it. Then the two trainers walked out the door for a min or so came back and called names if you get called you didn't make the cut. Second half we got split up into groups and had to do scenarios example my bill is higher than i expect. This half you must be right on because the trainers will keep coming back at you like a very angry customer would just use good judgement I mean we all have called customer service at one point or another. after that they go back out for another min or two. Come back and announce if we call your name leave your belongings and come outside. Yes i was called congratulated us offered the position then took us on a tour of the building. Come back to the room took a swab test and yes they check for every drug. Then did the paper work. Now i'm waiting on background check no call yet and that was july 8th. so i guess everythings good last time in trouble was over 11 years ago and was told they go back 11 years. But they did give me my schedule which is start date August 7th 3;30 to 11;30 Sunday through Thursday.

Interview Questions

• scale of 1-10 what would you say your computer skills are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the customer service representative position. Well technically I did not even apply. A friend of mine told me she just got a job there and that she will tell her manager that I am interested. I got a call from the manager that night to come in for an interview the next morning. I never applied or submitted a resume. When I got to the interview I found out that you can just walk-in any day at 10am for the GROUP interview which takes about 2 hours. You're pretty much hired on the spot especially if you have csr experience. You take the drug test at the location.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked necessarily. The manager just discussed the position and asked that we introduce ourselves. Then he gave us a role playing activity to do.   1 Answer

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The initial interview went great. When speaking with the hiring manager it was open and very laid back. It was a group interview which was different but wasn't bad at all. We were taken around the floor and provided a ton of information. The environment was one that I felt completely open with. After the interview the hiring manager pulled me aside and felt that with my skills and experience I would be a better fit for their QA Manager position. I of course said yes I would love the position and what it offered for my career. Not too long after the first I had the follow up phone interview and that again went great. I was advised that there would be another phone interview scheduled with two of the president's of the company. That is where the entire interview process went south. My original interview was back in late July and I just got word that they would not be moving forward with the QA Manager position. I have been in contact and providing solutions to help in scheduling of phone calls. I would get messages saying that they were unable to get the phone call scheduled due to conflicts in schedules. I provided times after hours for the phone call and would continue to get the same answer. I have been in Senior Leadership at one point in my career and I understand the complexity that comes along with scheduling meetings or phone calls. In saying that if I needed to interview someone for a position I would find time after hours to conduct the interview. I don't know if that option was ever communicated. I was then told that they were bringing in a consultant to review their process and if they would be able to have the QA Manager position in San Antonio. I completely understand improving processes and I am all for it but what they failed to realize was that this was something in my skill set. Had they hired me I would have saved them the money they spent. I do not honestly know if there was ever an option for the QA Manager position but the process was far too long and I don't feel that I was provided the respect deserved for my time. I am not saying anything about the company itself but the interview process. I hope that this is not what translates over to how they actually do business. Either way I ended up accepting a different position because I could no longer wait on their response. There needs to be some deeper investigation in how they conduct interviews and the entire process. it was only when I pushed to get the interview complete that I received word that the position would not be filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They take you back to a room with a whiteboard that will have questions on it for the first group activity. There were 2 people in charge. They want to see how clearly you speak. The questions were: 1) Introduce yourself by name. 2) Mention your previous work experience and why you loved most about it. 3) What's been your favorite job ever and why. 4) Name one unique fact about yourself. 5) What's your passion or motivation in life.
    The second group activity will have you team up with other interviewee's to come up with a solution for a caller's problem. The scenarios will be presented for you to think about how to deal with that caller. Know that the lead interviewer will be very firm with you. They will allow you to be as creative as you want with your replies. They really want to see if his voice tone throws you off because he will fire back at whatever you say and observe your reaction and answer. We've all called in for customer service at one time or another so make sure to follow protocol and address the interviewer as you would a real customer -start "the call" by thanking the caller for calling (insert client/company name) giving your name & "How may I help you?", address him/her by Mr./Mrs. (last name), ask whatever information you think is necessary to "open up" the account (address/phone number). The scenarios given us had to do #1 with consistent service interruptions (faulty equipment, instructions you usually get over the phone to reset the equipment, replacing equipment, providing a solution/peace of mind for lost DVR shows) and how as a representative would deal with helping that customer over the phone and #2 An overcharge on a statement, find out what caused it and how to make the customer happy so they will not unsubscribe from the service altogether.
    After each role play is done, the entire group discusses with the interviewers what went well and what could have been improved just as you would during a quality coaching. After that, the interviewers deliberate and call by name those who made the cut. Paperwork follows interview.
    After everything is completed, they tell you your start date and you can expect to have a picture taken for your access badge on the first day of training. Training last 5 weeks and the advantage is you get the base pay for your position throughout training as well, not minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• "If you had the choice of being the #1 employee on your team and be disliked by everyone else on the team or be the #15 employee (in performance) and be liked by everyone, which one would you rather be?" Another question was, describe what "excellent customer service" means to you. They will also ask you why you chose to leave your last employer.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview where they asked about previous job experience. The second interview was then a group interview with two of the hiring managers. We were asked to talk about our selves and to read a passage from a book and give our interpretation of it. The group interview lasted about an hour and most of it consisted of the managers talking about the company.

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneTouch Direct (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

They did a basic computer skills test , and then a drug test same day . Confirmed all of the data you put on your application . Made small talk . Asked how you heard about them . If you have ever worked in telesales . Have you ever worked in a call center .

Interview Questions

• Well if you passed the basic computer test you were already hired . They just asked about your schedule availability and when your training would be .   1 Answer