OneWest Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneWest Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.4

Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneWest Bank.

Interview

Very disorganized process. Initially I met with a branch manager, Maria, who was fantastic. She asked basic questions to get to know me and my career aspirations. A day or two later I met with the regional manager, Kevin, who was a cranky older white gentleman who was impossible to connect with. He was in a bad mood and not at all excited about the company he's working for. He literally told me he would still be with Wells Fargo if they didn't let him go. Afterwards they sent me back to meet with a different branch manager, Pooran, whose personality reeked of fakeness and ingenuity, although she was kind and asked good questions and thoroughly spent time answering my questions. The last interview went very well and I was confident I got the position however I never heard back. BE AWARE the recruiter, Daphne, will not answer your emails or give you the courtesy of providing you any feedback. Overall they are looking for somebody to make sales calls all day since they have almost no clients walk in-person to the branch. Very awkward interview process going from manager to RM back to manager. I probably would not have accepted an offer even it was made just from the discourteous demeanor of the recruiter and regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you think out side of the box to make a sale?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

Heard from them within two weeks and was asked to schedule an in-person interview at the branch. The branch manager greeted me very warmly, but it was the assistant manager who performed the interview. The experience with her alone has put a bad taste in my mouth for this bank. Maybe she found a candidate she liked better before I came in, but she cut me short before I finished any of my answers, and cut the interview short after she gave me the opportunity to ask her just one question (which she answered very generically.) She even had the gall to say "Mmmmm, no." very cattily to one of my answers without bothering to explain why she seemed so offended by it. I have never had a interview with a professional who seemed so catty and dry before. It just felt like the mean popular girl from my high school gave me a job interview.

Interview Questions

• What actions will you take to generate business given our branch traffic (or lack thereof?)   Answer Question

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Austin, TX).

Interview

Staffing coordinator explained details of job and duration of peoject. We went over my resume and experience. She said once I passed background check and drug test I could start within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience dealing with mortgage banking?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was fast and interactive. Getting to tell all about yourself and getting to know your future employer.
    One on one interview, business casual environment . High level security building

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank.

Interview

Very casual. Met Payroll Manager, VP of Personnel, and also interviewed with other Administrators. Every one was casual and easy to talk to. The management was very decisive. I enjoyed meeting them.

Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was very long. they took a long time to contact you in order to set something up. Once i did have the interview it was short to the point. They didnt ask any questions regarding the actual job experience because i was previously employed.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work a late shift and do the job of 2 people.   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview ->programming exercise -> in person, by far the longest 4 people back to back to back to back, 45 min sessions. They were basic tell me about your past experiences hard not to sound like a record player after the second person.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online for their Pasadena office. The first step was to have a brief phone interview. The HR person asked the usual questions regarding my past experience. In a few days, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview with the hiring manager, I received an email to set up an in-person interview. There was a small C# programming project I had to submit before an in-person interview.

I met three managers during the interview for about one hour each manager. One manager walked me through a problem, just to see how we can solve a problem together. The other one tested my financial knowledge. And the last manager discussed about my programming skills and the financial market, and answered all my questions regarding the job. They were all very nice including the HR person. But the interview was somewhat technical and stressful.

The whole process took about a month. The HR person said to email her for any question I may have. A week after the interview, I contacted her twice to see if any decision has been made. But no reply. I waited for another week to contact her but still not reply. Then THREE MONTHS later, I received an email saying that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked the details of the classes I took in school.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OneWest Bank in May 2015.

Interview

Initially reviewed a phone call from the voting manager to set up an interview. Interview with the hiring manager and then with the service manager, a few days later I received a call from the Recruitor and was interviewed by her a couple of days after that the district manager called to interview me. I was in constant contact with the Recruitor where I was asked to provide proof of my sales performance. Over all I applied in May and just got hired now in October it's a long and lengthy process but definitely worth it . My princess was lengthy due to the approval of salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lengthy... I applied in May just received an official offer letter due to my pay.

Teller Lead II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was simple asked about my background and experience. It took about 1 month for the hiring process. They do a face to face interview and then if they offer you a position, they ask you to take a drug screening which you must pass

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for onewest bank?   1 Answer