Open Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Open Systems International Interview Questions

Interviews at Open Systems International

3.1

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Had multiple interviews, first 2 on phone just to get to know me. those lasted about 10 mins each. Then I had a 3 hour long interview online with multiple people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN).

Interview

5 or 6 different meetings - lasted from 8AM to 1PM. Included several conversations with directors, etc, a tour of the company, lunch with an employee, a written programming assessment, and a written puzzle test. Very thorough and got lots of good information, though I felt I was repeating myself a few times.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

3 phone interviews, then 6 rounds of in-person interviews. Very lengthy processes, but a fast response after final round (10 business days). Phone interview was mostly behaviorial and little technical (background, basic). In-person included personality, IQ, coding, projects). Most of the interviewers spend more time talking about themselves and explaining the company's processes over and over again.

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

There were 3 people I had to interview with, and one technical interview. The whole process took around 4 hours. I was given a tour of the building during the day, and I was given an overview of the benefits package.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional and object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer/Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through a university career fair and got contacted by a recruiter a few weeks after for a first round phone screen. For the first phone screen, got asked to provide transcript.

Interview Questions

• They went over the stuff listed on my resume, and asked questions based off that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in September 2019.

Interview

After two phone interviews (one generic and one technical), I was invited for an on-site interview. The process took 3-4 hours and involved numerous one-on-one meetings, two written tests/questionnaires, and and facility tour.

Interview Questions

• One of the questionnaires was a series of approximately 30 puzzles and logic questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied through Career Fair in my University. A phone call followed after 2 weeks and then was invited for an on site interview at the company's HQ in Medina, MN. The process was very pleasant, good questions and an overall assessment of my technical capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Solve a linear optimization problem.   1 Answer

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Open Systems International in December 2018.

Interview

Talked to their guys at my university career fair. They set up a phone interview, phone interview was set up for few days after. Phone interview was okish, interviewer asked few questions but some of them were not exactly about the topics I knew.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Applied after career fair. Got a call 3+ month after my application and asked if I was interested in a different position. Set phone interview with a manager. The phone interview asked behavior question and some basic Java question (linked list, array list). One week after the phone interview, I got a call for an on-site interview that lasted 5 hours. The on-site interview was breaking in small section, talk to hr VP, hr manager, VP, and a developer lead. Got an tour of the campus. 2 weeks later, got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough codes with the developer lead, asked behavior questions, intelligent tests   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2018.

Interview

Came in and they introduced themselves, gave a tour of the facility, and then also had a presentation. They had me take an IQ test, and fill out an application. Following that a one on one interview with a project manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? What do you know about energy generation?   Answer Question