Open Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a number of technical questions, most of which I was familiar with, some of which I was not. The questions during the phone interview were mostly generic programming questions and some questions about code compilation and operating systems.

I was then contacted again and scheduled for an on-site interview which took place about 2 weeks later. The on-site interview consisted of an intelligence/IQ test, a programming test, and several 1 on 1 interviews with both HR and technical personnel. The programming test was a difficult one, but was clearly designed to test my knowledge. The 1 on 1 interviews consisted of a building tour, generic questions about past education/work, and one on-the-fly problem solving interview where I had to solve several programming problems on a white board.

The interview lasted about 4 hours, and was a bit more difficult than most other interviews I have had, but was a good experience over all. I received a job offer within two weeks of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a short text-parsing C function on the spot that counted the number of words separated by an underscore. The program had to account for underscores at the beginning and at the end of the string, and also account for back to back underscores.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase lasted about 2 weeks for me. OSI was fairly firm with their offer but was open to some negotiation, I obtained an offer from a different company during the negotiation period and was able to get them to raise the offer by about 2.5% and get reimbursement for moving expenses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Plymouth, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Kind of grueling. It seems like they want you to have a lot of facts memorized that can easily be referred to in a book. I guess I don't think that way.
    They also asked me about salary at the very end. They didn't see very happy with the figure I gave them. I do think they are kind of cheap. I wish they asked about salary on the phone and saved us all a lot of wasted time.

Interview Questions

• What do you mean about wanting to work for a company that is dynamic and forward thinking?   2 Answers

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN).

Interview

There was a short interview by HR, nothing technical. Then they scheduled an onsite interview that lasted for several hours. The onsite involved interviews with multiple managers which they asked more detailed questions about your resume. Then I had to take a test (math, puzzle) and also short questions/answers.

Interview Questions

• Pseudo code for ordering a list array from decending order.   Answer Question

Software Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I first became aware of the position at my university's senior career fair. OSI, had by far, the most extensive screening process at the career fair. I first spoke to an HR rep, and then one of their engineers. A few weeks after the career fair I was contacted by the HR rep I had spoken to. I was then given a brief 15 minute phone interview. I then had another phone interview with the head of the software testing department. Both of these phone interviews were fairly laid back. After a few more weeks (which was a waiting period far longer than OSI said I should anticipate) I was once again contacted to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview as a fairly lengthy process. In all, I was at OSI for about four hours and interviewed with four different people. The interview began with a basic IQ test. The test was not difficult, but I have to say that it contributed to an increasing feeling of unease I got from the company. My impression of OSI after going through the interview process was not all together positive.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions for this position, but an unexpected question was "If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?"   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN).

Interview

Fairly long, comprehensive interview with ~5 different groups. The HR interviews covered a lot of soft skill questions and focused on my resume. The interviews with the engineers was obviously more skill focused. I was asked to prototype the architecture for some commercial website on the whiteboard. The interviews concluded with a very fast paced tour of the facilities and then a multiple choice IQ test.

Interview Questions

• Go up to the whiteboard and prototype the architecture of a used car website, from databases, to servers and so on.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

4 hour interview. You interview with 6-7 people while you're there, and they bleed you dry. You then wait for them to do the same with everyone else, and they are NOT good about getting back to you with an update, even if you're the person they offer the role to! For spending such an emense amount of time there, you'd think you'd hear back within a day or two.

Interview Questions

They took too long to get back to me. I had another offer on the table and I took it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

A 10.5 month process that involved multiple board/multi-party interviews including multi-days of travel to their headquarters, weeks of cumulative research and work on my end which let to a verbal offer that was rescinded 24 hours later through no fault of my own. To say that my involvement with OSI was a colossal waste of my time would be an understatement. I felt that I was mislead during the process. I would be careful in approaching them as they have a reputation of being unprofessional in this respect.

Interview Questions

• They asked many related questions with respect to industry knowlege   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with VP of HR. A 4 hour day of in-person interviews with 2 potential co-workers, VP of HR, Director (who would be my manager), VP of Product Delivery, and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions concentrating on their corporate passion for customer satisfaction and corporate fit... how well I'd assimilate/fit to their environment.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Plymouth, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

First they phone screen you, then they bring you onsite for an interview with 4-5 members of the staff. You are interviewed by 1 or 2 at a time. The HR department gives you a tour and administers a fairly easy "IQ Test" that has some simple brain teasers. You'll generally here back from them in 1 to 2 weeks on whether you go the job or not.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Applied after career fair. Got a call 3+ month after my application and asked if I was interested in a different position. Set phone interview with a manager. The phone interview asked behavior question and some basic Java question (linked list, array list). One week after the phone interview, I got a call for an on-site interview that lasted 5 hours. The on-site interview was breaking in small section, talk to hr VP, hr manager, VP, and a developer lead. Got an tour of the campus. 2 weeks later, got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough codes with the developer lead, asked behavior questions, intelligent tests   Answer Question