Open Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.2

Power Systems Engineer (Engineer II) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and it took the HR to around a week to filter through resumes. She asked a set of general questions in email like would you like to relocate, salary expectations etc.
    Then went through 2 phone interviews, one with a Manager and one with the VP of Product Management. They further invited me for an onsite interview.

Onsite Interview:
    Interviewed with 6 different people, 4 technical people and 2 HR persons. It was not so tough but decent logical and conceptual questions were asked. Furthermore, there was one technical and one general aptitude test which I had to write while I was there. The general aptitude test was timed. Both tests were easy, moreover the technical test had almost the same questions they asked me during interview.

Altogether, the people were very nice and friendly and it was a great interviewing experience until they gave me an offer which was approximately $13000 less than what I make now.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

First I received an email from the recruiter regarding first telephonic interview with the Hiring manager. But on the day of the interview the hiring manager did not show up there at that time on call. I was waiting for his call for the 2 hrs but when I called him directly then he was like oh! I am very busy right now. Such unprofessional attitude and management by this company. Careless, Unprofessional attitude.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 different people that asked a lot of the same questions. Got a tour of the building. Lasted about 4 hours. There was a little IQ test with some riddles/logic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Eagan, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Average process, kind of slow but not bad at all. During the interview I had to take a general assessment and a power systems concepts test. Didn't get an offer but it was a good experience. Not many benefits actually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

onsite interview with 5 employees including HR and hiring mangers. 45 minute IQ test.
    Asked conceptual questions on state estimation, load flow studies, contingency analysis.
    They gaved me an onsite tour. It seems like the engineers are over worked at the company just by the look on most people faces. It also seems that it was a revolving door since HR mentioned he was interviewing 5 persons per day.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Sat down with 4 different people to interview with all the while one of the HR reps was making sure I felt comfortable. It was a great interview and it seems like it will be a great company.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Open Systems International in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with an engineer at OSI. He asked about my resume for a few minutes, followed by 25min of the guy talking about himself and OSI. He asked if I had any questions, and I said yes. He then said something along the lines of, "actually, we can probably just end this right now, I have a meeting to run to." and then he hung up. He did not ask me a single technical question, and I barely got to speak at all. 90% of the phone interview was the interviewer just talking about his job instead of seeing if I was qualified for the position. He barely took a breath between sentences. It was like he was trying to not let me get a word in. At one point I'm pretty sure he was just reading the OSI wikipedia page to me so he could kill time. I've had plenty of interviews, and this was truly the worst one I've ever had (by far).
    The only explanation for this terribly unprofessional "interview" is if they had already filled the position and were just obligated to interview one more person for whatever reason. Unfortunately, that person was me.

Hardware/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview to ask basic questions about about resume, etc. Then, 4-5 hour long onsite interview with both technical and behavioral portions with 5-6 people. In the beginning you take a 45 minute brain teaser test that isn't very bad if you take your time. Technical questions ranged from writing code in front an engineer to drawing electrical schematics for a specific application. There is a quick tour of the facility as well.

Everyone was friendly and helpful during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you see on this circuit board.   Answer Question
    • Write a function in a language of your choice to make sure a line of text has correct parenthesis usage, i.e. balanced on either side.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Did a short call to cover basic background and qualifications. Standard stuff.

Their salary range was kind of insulting, they told me that I'm "basically entry level" when I have worked in IT for more than two years and in education/training for three and offered a range lower than my current job. I didn't come out of the phone screen with a positive impression of them.

I didn't go further than the initial interview after that.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

4 hour interview. You interview with 6-7 people while you're there, and they bleed you dry. You then wait for them to do the same with everyone else, and they are NOT good about getting back to you with an update, even if you're the person they offer the role to! For spending such an emense amount of time there, you'd think you'd hear back within a day or two.

Interview Questions

They took too long to get back to me. I had another offer on the table and I took it.