Open Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Sat down with 4 different people to interview with all the while one of the HR reps was making sure I felt comfortable. It was a great interview and it seems like it will be a great company.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Open Systems International in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with an engineer at OSI. He asked about my resume for a few minutes, followed by 25min of the guy talking about himself and OSI. He asked if I had any questions, and I said yes. He then said something along the lines of, "actually, we can probably just end this right now, I have a meeting to run to." and then he hung up. He did not ask me a single technical question, and I barely got to speak at all. 90% of the phone interview was the interviewer just talking about his job instead of seeing if I was qualified for the position. He barely took a breath between sentences. It was like he was trying to not let me get a word in. At one point I'm pretty sure he was just reading the OSI wikipedia page to me so he could kill time. I've had plenty of interviews, and this was truly the worst one I've ever had (by far).
    The only explanation for this terribly unprofessional "interview" is if they had already filled the position and were just obligated to interview one more person for whatever reason. Unfortunately, that person was me.

Hardware/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview to ask basic questions about about resume, etc. Then, 4-5 hour long onsite interview with both technical and behavioral portions with 5-6 people. In the beginning you take a 45 minute brain teaser test that isn't very bad if you take your time. Technical questions ranged from writing code in front an engineer to drawing electrical schematics for a specific application. There is a quick tour of the facility as well.

Everyone was friendly and helpful during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you see on this circuit board.   Answer Question
    • Write a function in a language of your choice to make sure a line of text has correct parenthesis usage, i.e. balanced on either side.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems International.

Interview

Did a short call to cover basic background and qualifications. Standard stuff.

Their salary range was kind of insulting, they told me that I'm "basically entry level" when I have worked in IT for more than two years and in education/training for three and offered a range lower than my current job. I didn't come out of the phone screen with a positive impression of them.

I didn't go further than the initial interview after that.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

4 hour interview. You interview with 6-7 people while you're there, and they bleed you dry. You then wait for them to do the same with everyone else, and they are NOT good about getting back to you with an update, even if you're the person they offer the role to! For spending such an emense amount of time there, you'd think you'd hear back within a day or two.

Interview Questions

They took too long to get back to me. I had another offer on the table and I took it.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with VP of HR. A 4 hour day of in-person interviews with 2 potential co-workers, VP of HR, Director (who would be my manager), VP of Product Delivery, and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions concentrating on their corporate passion for customer satisfaction and corporate fit... how well I'd assimilate/fit to their environment.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. First had a phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes or so. The second interview was on-site, I interviewed with four different employees. Each had plenty of questions, nothing too technical, more just on my background, school, hobbies, etc. There was a nice tour around the building, which is very nice! Following that I took a half hour brain teaser/personality quiz that was timed. The interview lasted about 3 and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun/in your spare time?   1 Answer

Entry Level Business Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

They first made me take a timed IQ test. They then made me interview with the president of the company and all of the vice presidents (there are 8) as well as the head of their CRG (customer relations group). I met the head of CRG because head management was seeing what role in the company would fit best for me (in this case they wanted me as an Account Manager), and so I thought it was seemingly a done deal that they would hire me after such a thorough process. The whole process took 5 hours, during which they also taught me how the whole company functioned from A to Z in all their different departments.

I thought it had gone excellently and almost everyone was friendly to me and seemingly impressed with my background. They asked several times days before and after the interview if I thought I was going to receive another job offer that I would consider. I was honest and said I don't really know what kind of offers I will receive. Then, a few days after the interview I received an automated email notifying me that I didn't get the job. They didn't even bother to call me or send me an email actually written by a human after I flew all the way up to Minnesota from out of state, drove an hour out to their office building in the middle of nowhere (Medina) and went through a painstakingly long and repetitive 5 HOUR interview.

My advice is to stay away from these control-freaks, they will make you go through a terrible and misleading interview process and then treat you like you're worthless.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer our company that other candidates cannot?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

After a very positive campus interview, invited down for on-site interview. Process was pleasant, was told to expect communication within two weeks. HR rep seemed very positive that I would get an offer. Two and a half weeks later, got an email saying I was no longer being considered for the job.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN).

Interview

There was a short interview by HR, nothing technical. Then they scheduled an onsite interview that lasted for several hours. The onsite involved interviews with multiple managers which they asked more detailed questions about your resume. Then I had to take a test (math, puzzle) and also short questions/answers.

Interview Questions

• Pseudo code for ordering a list array from decending order.   Answer Question