Operis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Operis Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Operis (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

on site interview with the Hr director and a member of the analyst team.
    started with a little briefing of what each person does then proceeded to ask about what the company does and what is project finance.
    proceded with two numeric puzzles.
    if you don't work on it correctly within a few minutes , they will start to walk your through it which is a bad sign.

Interview Questions

• angle between minute hand and hour hand   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Operis in March 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter, and got an email a few weeks later setting up an interview.

First round was 2:1 with a consultant and manager. They asked typical questions about my resume, followed by a few logic/math questions. Finally, I was asked to provide a 1-page writing sample about a topic of my choosing.

Second round was a week later and consisted of another 2:1 with two directors. I was provided with a financial modelling case a week prior and was asked to walk them through the model. I was asked pretty poignant questions about the numbers and general corporate finance. Finally, they asked a few more logic puzzles. The interview ended with a meal with the rest of the office.

Overall it was a great experience and everyone was very relaxed.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Operis.

Interview

First round was on my CV and asked brain teaser style questions. This was with a member of the team and a member of HR. Second round was the same again plus a modelling case study that you prepared beforehand. This was with two senior members of the team.

Interview Questions

• The angle between two hands on a clock at an arbitrary time.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operis (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted a CV and cover letter based in response to an advertised position. Operis got back to me within 3 weeks to arrange an interview. Overall the interview went for 1.5hrs.

The interview was divided into 3 components:
    1) A 30min essay to test communication skills- I was given a list of 10 fairly diverse topics/questions from which I had to write about one
    2) Standard CV and background discussion with 2 Operis staff- One from HR and the other a senior analyst. I was also tested on what Operis does and what makes a financial good model
    3) Brain teases and mental arithmetic type questions. Similar to the questions here http://www.techinterview.org

Analyst Interview

Interview

email cv and cover letter, then receive an email invitation to an interview. The interview consisted of a written element which was to write an essay on a topic from a selection. Then was the interview with a member of analyst team and HR manager. Finally a numerical test.

Interview Questions

• the probability of choosing two 6s from a roll of 3 dice.   4 Answers

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Operis.

Interview

First round interview involves answering a few brain teaser questions to test numerical reasoning.
    Second round interview involves a case study and more brain teasers.

Financial Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operis (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

First round interview involved a surprise essay: choose one topic to write about for a half hour from a selection. Followed by a series of motivational questions and mathematical brainteasers (many available online, the most comprehensive selection I found were under "Jane Street" interviews on Glassdoor!)

Second round involved preparing and presenting a financial model from a given case study (provided a week prior to the interview). Further clarifications of details related to the model and mathematical brainteasers. This was followed by an informal meet with current analysts.

Both interviews were 1:2.

Interview Questions

• What can an investor do to offset the exposure to oil price volatility which this project has?   1 Answer

Trainee Financial Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Operis (City of London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

First interview with HR employee and a technical financial modeller.
    If they like you they ask you to a second interview with the managing director and another senior employee where you're given just a week before the interview date to construct an excel financial model of a case study they give you.
    The 2nd interview involves talking about why you want to apply to Operis and you have to talk them through the model you have built.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a small company and a large company?   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operis (City of London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

First, you are interviewed by a HR person and a member of the relevant team, in my case the financial modelling team. They ask you a few mathematical puzzles and questions about your CV.
    If successful, they invite you for another interview, this time, they will send you the details of a prject for you to perpare a presentation, with cash-flows and analysis for a client recommendation.
    Expect to be question on every decision you make on the way you analyse the different secenarios and get technical. This interview is conducted by a sr manager and a technical member of the team.
    At the end there's an informal drinks ocassion.

Interview Questions

• The business case was a bank, seeking advice from us whether to support an oil company for field exploration. You are given the num. of barrels per day expected and the costs of running the fields, but not much else.   1 Answer