OptiMedica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at OptiMedica

Senior PCB Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at OptiMedica (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

At the interview they were unprepared, wanted me to test software but did not have it ready. They only asked me a few questions, and said time was up they had someone else to interview. They did hire the other person and called me a year later and hired me for 4 weeks. I stayed for 6 months.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OptiMedica (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

My resume went to the HR rep through a networking event I attended. There was no phone interview.

Interviewed with six people (each was 1:1) on the same day: hiring manager, Director of Operations, design engineer, H.R. rep., R&D engineer (who was moving out of the ME role), VP of Operations. It was to be a "360 degree interview". They use a lot of situational interviewing, i.e.: "tell me about a time when you...". Their philosophy of hiring is "past performance is the best indicator of future performance", that is a quote from the HR rep. The HR Rep. did an excellent job of coaching me on what to expect in the interview. He wanted it to be a level playing field, so I could interview them as much as they were interviewing me. I had half an hour with each person except the last two who had 45 min. each.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in two area that I had no experience in.   Answer Question

Tennis Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OptiMedica (Glen Allen, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Good communication

Interview Questions

• How many year experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you work well with others?   1 Answer