Optimal Solutions Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Two research analyst/associates interviewed me, and they mainly ask about my research experience on my resume. I gave them details about my experience and the research projects I have conducted, and they seemed to believe that I am knowledgeable at explaining my research skills and projects. However, I did not make it to the next round with the founder. After one week I got an email that they cannot move forward with my application. I am surprised because my eligibility should be enough even for their Research Analyst III position. It is a neutral experience, and they respond quickly enough.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy but strange, CTO literally told me sometimes she has to crack the whip and yell at her developers. I did not like the vibe in this place at all. The CTO basically hinted to not liking anyone that she worked with and that she acts more like a dictator when it comes to managing.

BI Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via career fair, took about a month to get a call. Directly called on site for the first round of interviews. About a half an hour long interview with a panel, asking about technical experiences. Interviewers were nice, (on an average), showed me around the place before the interview began.

Research Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an interview opportunity in a campus meeting where I met the CEO. I sent him my resume, and he forwarded it to HR. Then I was told via email that after reviewing my resume, they decided to give me an interview. I did mock interview and practiced before I went for the interview. First, the HR manager interviewed me for half an hour, later a senior researcher come to talk with me about the research they are doing and the skills I have. We spent one hour sharing our experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

This company's reviews are quite bad but I applied anyway. General take-away: very disjointed process.

Applied for the position through email and was contacted a couple of days later by a secretary. I interviewed over the phone a week later with some researchers. They were very polite and we had good conversation about my skills and what I could bring to the company. As individuals, they were very professional. Mostly discussed research experience and how I work in a team.

The next step was to talk to the company's CEO. I was then contacted by a completely different researcher who was scheduling the interview on behalf of the CEO. We had a phone conversation, where he was mostly looking for cultural fit. He wasn't that social and I didn't get a good vibe from him. He contradicted the researchers I spoke with previously and was quick to downplay some of the benefits they had mentioned.

He then asked me to fill out a very long and detailed application and send it to the HR manager, who would then pass it on to more senior researchers in the company. The application was a little unorganized and completely unnecessary given that I'd already gone through two interview rounds. The application just asked for the same information that was in my resume.

As you can see, multiple people involved in the process, most not from HR/recruiting and a different point of contact as you progress. I didn't follow up and never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com and was contacted the same day (red flag), so I knew they were desperate. Scheduled an interview for two weeks later, but during that time someone else from the company contacted me for an interview (2nd red flag), so it was obvious they were highly unorganized with very poor communication in the office, despite being a very small company. Interviewed, hired next day, skipped second interview, not sure why they did that for me. Negotiated increase of salary and was successful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. They didn't seem to be vetting too hard because they were desperate to hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY. The worst they can say is no, but at least you'd still have the job offer in hand.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD).

Interview

The interviewing process beginning with the receptionist and human resource director very organized. The remaining process can become very blurry.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not impressive...The most difficult question was probably about work experience dated 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Optimal Solutions proposed a salary and I accepted. The salary was fair.

Research Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group.

Interview

Got an interview very quickly, too quickly. I almost didn't go on the interview given the wealth of bad glassdoor reviews. First interview went very well so I was asked for a second interview. Much to my disappointment, the interviewers were rude, attacking me and insulting my intelligence. I regret that I wasted my time on Optimal Solutions.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone call , rhen in person in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• When will yoiu go bavk for a master's degree   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave me what I asked. Really quickly, in hind sight it was out of desperation, , as staff leave. Very quickly.

Data Analyst/Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview, telephone call. Questions mostly revolved around resume and the different projects I had worked at during my career at my previous employer.

Second round, two interviews onsite. One interview (Senior Developer for the position I was interviewing for) focused on my resume while the other interview (Exec VP) revolved around big picture and candidate fit.

Offer extended after two weeks

Interview Questions

• Two baskets, basket A and basket B. Fifty balls, half blue, half red. What is the probability that a ball picked from basket A is red.   Answer Question

Compensation much below expectation