Optimal Solutions Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Optimal Solutions Group

BI Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via career fair, took about a month to get a call. Directly called on site for the first round of interviews. About a half an hour long interview with a panel, asking about technical experiences. Interviewers were nice, (on an average), showed me around the place before the interview began.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an interview opportunity in a campus meeting where I met the CEO. I sent him my resume, and he forwarded it to HR. Then I was told via email that after reviewing my resume, they decided to give me an interview. I did mock interview and practiced before I went for the interview. First, the HR manager interviewed me for half an hour, later a senior researcher come to talk with me about the research they are doing and the skills I have. We spent one hour sharing our experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

This company's reviews are quite bad but I applied anyway. General take-away: very disjointed process.

Applied for the position through email and was contacted a couple of days later by a secretary. I interviewed over the phone a week later with some researchers. They were very polite and we had good conversation about my skills and what I could bring to the company. As individuals, they were very professional. Mostly discussed research experience and how I work in a team.

The next step was to talk to the company's CEO. I was then contacted by a completely different researcher who was scheduling the interview on behalf of the CEO. We had a phone conversation, where he was mostly looking for cultural fit. He wasn't that social and I didn't get a good vibe from him. He contradicted the researchers I spoke with previously and was quick to downplay some of the benefits they had mentioned.

He then asked me to fill out a very long and detailed application and send it to the HR manager, who would then pass it on to more senior researchers in the company. The application was a little unorganized and completely unnecessary given that I'd already gone through two interview rounds. The application just asked for the same information that was in my resume.

As you can see, multiple people involved in the process, most not from HR/recruiting and a different point of contact as you progress. I didn't follow up and never heard back.

Research Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com and was contacted the same day (red flag), so I knew they were desperate. Scheduled an interview for two weeks later, but during that time someone else from the company contacted me for an interview (2nd red flag), so it was obvious they were highly unorganized with very poor communication in the office, despite being a very small company. Interviewed, hired next day, skipped second interview, not sure why they did that for me. Negotiated increase of salary and was successful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. They didn't seem to be vetting too hard because they were desperate to hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY. The worst they can say is no, but at least you'd still have the job offer in hand.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD).

Interview

The interviewing process beginning with the receptionist and human resource director very organized. The remaining process can become very blurry.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not impressive...The most difficult question was probably about work experience dated 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Optimal Solutions proposed a salary and I accepted. The salary was fair.

Research Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group.

Interview

Got an interview very quickly, too quickly. I almost didn't go on the interview given the wealth of bad glassdoor reviews. First interview went very well so I was asked for a second interview. Much to my disappointment, the interviewers were rude, attacking me and insulting my intelligence. I regret that I wasted my time on Optimal Solutions.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone call , rhen in person in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• When will yoiu go bavk for a master's degree   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave me what I asked. Really quickly, in hind sight it was out of desperation, , as staff leave. Very quickly.

Data Analyst/Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview, telephone call. Questions mostly revolved around resume and the different projects I had worked at during my career at my previous employer.

Second round, two interviews onsite. One interview (Senior Developer for the position I was interviewing for) focused on my resume while the other interview (Exec VP) revolved around big picture and candidate fit.

Offer extended after two weeks

Interview Questions

• Two baskets, basket A and basket B. Fifty balls, half blue, half red. What is the probability that a ball picked from basket A is red.   Answer Question

Compensation much below expectation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

After about two weeks after applying to a research position at Optimal, I got an email from HR that they are interested in scheduling a job interview with me. I went to the interview, it was great. It was basically about my experience and education, they explained very well what their company does and what the job is about. I thought the interview went well. But, after a couple of weeks, I sent two email to HR, with NO ANSWER. That's unprofessional. How could you ignore email from people? At least he could say: Sorry, you didn't get the job! I think this why this company has bad reviews! Not worth going for an interview!

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Optimal Solutions Group (College Park, MD).

Interview

I got a phone call to schedule an in-person interview about 2 weeks after submitting the application. I was interviewed by Mark Turner, president and CEO of the company. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. About four weeks after that interview, I got an email saying they had hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basically about my education and work experience.   Answer Question