Optum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Optum Interview Questions

Interviews at Optum

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optum.

Interview

easy no technical questions, with majority of Rutgers students, all where good there, first round was at college in which they selected only 2 from my college second round no technical question but they where looking for more experienced person

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Optum (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Emphasis on functional skills, real-time project based questions. Fairly based on previous experience, convenient interview slots. Interview by panel members for 2 rounds based on mutual availability. Options for phone and in
    -person interview process

Interview Questions

• Agile vs waterfall project methodology. Which one do you prefer?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optum (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screen with HR, then a technical phone screen, then an interview with the manager and finally an interview with the SR Director. Each of the interviews only lasted a 1/2 hour. This was a very niche position and I had 6+ years of experience doing a similar job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optum (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process started with screening interview with an internal recruiter. She recommended a follow-up interview with the hiring manager but never had it scheduled and never contacted me again. Additionally, I never received a response from the recruiter when I reached out to see if I was still in the process. It was a very bad experience with poor communication and no closure.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter and I reviewed my prior experience in healthcare and account management.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optum in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview which was one on one, interviewer was very thorough and details oriented, started with basic questions in core java , then moved on to design patterns and data structures and also spring framework. Question were mostly related to the job description and experience with technologies being used in the most recent project

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optum.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews and a coding test. First interview is experience only with recruiter. Second round is experience with managers and leads. Third is onsite with manager and leads with architecture and coding questions. Coding test was 3 questions with time limit.

Interview Questions

• How to close connections on exception   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optum (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions in front of a panel of 2-3 people. They stick to a script of "tell us about a time...." then they will move you toward a scenario of a Patient with a silent MI, COPD and HTN that needs CM.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to help a patient. What did you do?
      Be specific, they are assessing listening skills. 2-3 questions get 2-3 answers.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about an accomplishment that you are proud of. What did you do to reach that goal?
      Be specific, they are assessing your ability to follow directions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optum.

Interview

Recruiters came to my university campus and introduced me to the company. I did one interview at my university, and one interview over the phone. The process is competitive, but not cutthroat where you have to apply years in advanced.

Interview Questions

• If given two arrays of integers and given a number, how can I find a pair from each array whose product is the greatest but less than the given number?   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optum in October 2018.

Interview

It was a good interview. I talked to two different people who gave great insight into the position. I had a phone interview. They moved quickly to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a job change at that time? Ability to give advice.   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optum.

Interview

I had one phone screening interview with a recruiter who wanted to verify my skills that lasted about about 20 mins. My name was then forwarded to the supervisor who also completed a phone interview which lasted about 30-40mins. All of the questions asked were related the company's mission.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of how you advocated for a patient.   1 Answer