Optus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Optus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

I went through a Recruitment agency, i then interviewed with 2 senior Executive Assistants. Once they had given the tick of approval, i then then interviewed directly with the executive i would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Background experience was asked. And what i could bring to the organization.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

Organized and professional environment

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Process was simple, phone interview followed by face to face behavioral interview for 30 minutes, feedback after 2 weeks. Interviewer was confrontational making it difficult, they were late to the interview and one left 5 minutes early saying he had to get somewhere.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied for Christmas casual position. The process was quite easy and straightforward.
    I applied online and got a phone interview followed by an assessment centre. Assessment centre was held in their HQ in Macquarie Park and had 2 sessions: group activity and one on on interview with one of the store manager. The group activity was picking the 3 objects you was to bring with you if you were to be stranded on a desert island

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was being interviewed for a contractual role for which the process is fairly simple. It was just a one around interview with the hiring manager. You impress the hiring manager and you are through. There was no involvement of HR but the hiring manager did ask few questions about my soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Give us details of you profile   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optus.

Interview

was easy. phone then in person interview with area manager. refrence check. situational questions thats it and got the job the next day. started first day with minimal training and out of probation in 3 months.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Optus (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

1) You go to the ground floor, and submit your resume to the guy in charge, (if you are on an employee referral then you meet the receptionist, and talk to him/her).
    2) They ask you to sign up on the [24]7 Springboard website, and write your ID (shown at last) on your resume. Write your referrer's name and their employee ID on the resume.
    3) You are interviewed and asked to brief about yourself, and they give you a feedback.
    4) You wait for a while.
    5) They send you in for the interview of the 1st round.
    6) 1st round is as pretty much same as stated above in #3.
    7) You wait outside for a while.
    8) If you are going for voice process, they process you for V&A (Voice and Accent), if you are for Non Voice they ask you to write an essay on the back of your resume on any topic of your choice with 100 words.
    9) If you are for voice process they ask you to take a call on Landline in the cabin, it has three stages.
    Stage 1) You again do the #3,
    Stage 2) You are given a topic to talk about for 2-3 minutes (dont use fillers, don't become silent, just keep speaking no matter what you speak, but just relate it to the topic.).
    Stage 3) You are asked to become a representative and talk like one, either sell them something, or solve the problem they shoot at you. Just be polite, and take as much as user input as you can, and try to please them.
    10) You wait for a while.
    11) You are given a test score from 1-20, scoring between these numbers will decide which process you will work for. Try to score minumum of 10 score in the #9.
    12) You wait for a while.
    13) You are again called to the cabin after lunch for an interview with the HR, and this is called the operation round.
    14) Do not become silent as stated above, and try to please this guy again with words, all they see is your attitude towards life, and career. Don't let them feel you are unstable in career, promise to work for them for a very long period of time.
    15) You wait for a while.
    16) You will be rewarded with a job, or will be asked to come back again in a month, or so.
    17) You will be asked to submit your documents the next day or the day given.
    There are 3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right person for the job. why do you think you are an exception ?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Optus (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to do a video interview, and then had a call to schedule an interview between two store managers. Was expecting a group interview but I guess it depends on the store you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you dealt with a difficult customer, tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Retail Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did a video interview just answering background questions. Got a phone call asking to go in for a group assesment which was quite fun! Just Ice breaker stuff- we had to gett into groups & work as a team to build the tallest spaghetti tower! After the group assesment we had a one on one interview with the area manager just asking background questions to find out who you are.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online via a recruiter. Soon after applying, got call from the recruiter after two days and an interview was scheduled the next day with the employer. Got offer letter after 3 days. The whole process was pretty quick and professional.