Orbit Irrigation Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products (Sandy, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online after talking with a HR rep at the university career fair. I was contacted via email for an interview. This first interview was with the director of product development and the HR rep. The interview was great, it was easy to talk to both of them. They asked general interview questions. Also, they asked how I would react if my project was dropped. I guess an engineer left that had taken some things too personally.
    I was emailed to have a second interview, this time to meet with all the product development engineers. They were all a great group of engineers. I felt like I could mold well with them.
    The only issue was that the base salary they offered was a bit lower than I had expected, and I had another offer from another company at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your project had to be dropped?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to design new valves, heads, or timing boxes?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

2 Step Process- Initial Phone interview with hiring manager then met with team. It was an easy interview with basic personality and teamwork questions asked. All were professional and very informative.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you have encountered working in a team and how was it solved?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products (North Salt Lake, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

The HR team does a phone or in person interview, unless you're a current employee. The second/final interview is a panel interview with the hiring manager, the director, human resources and anybody else they think is important. Questions are the regular interview ones.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products.

Interview

Basic engineering interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

First your resume is screened by HR. Then the top candidates resume are sent to the supervisor (over the open position). The supervisor reviews the resumes and let's HR know who they are interested in. HR conducts a telephone interview, appointments are set for supervisor interviews.

Interview Questions

• You need to understand the direction they want to go and then you need to demonstrate how your skill will aid in that process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited negotiation. Once a salary or wage is offered, don't expect much deviation from that amount

Product Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orbit Irrigation Products (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

Resumes are solicited via local and national job listings (e.g. Monster.com, KSL.com). The pool of applicants is screened by a team including a representative from HR and the hiring manager. The applicants are screened based on their fit with the advertised position, relative work experience, availability, and expected level of compensation. The pool is narrowed down to a list of 10 to 20 for the phone interview part of the process. The hiring manager or HR rep will call each applicant to further assess their fit for the position. In my experience those who are removed at this point are disqualified based on availability and/or an insurmountable gap between the compensation the applicant is seeking and the amount the company is willing to pay. The pool of applicants is narrowed down to 5-8 at this point. If the phone interviews did not naturally narrow the pool down then the hiring manager will do it by ranking the remaining applicants. The remaining applicants are brought in for face-to-face interviews with the manager (the HR rep may participate as well). The particulars of the interview depend upon each manager but the ultimate goal is to determine if the applicant is a good fit for the company in the following ways: personality, demeanor, attitude, work experience, long term plans, etc. The pool is reduced down to 2 or 3 at this point. The applicants will be invited back to go to lunch with the members of the department(s) with which they will work closely. The intent of this step is to see how the applicant meshes, interacts, and relates with the group. The final decision will be made based on the results of this last step with input from the other team members being considered. An offer may be extended in person or over the phone depending upon convenience for the applicant. If the offer is verbally accepted then a confirmation email is sent with the offer specifics and other required or necessary documentation.

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to the expertise required for the position are asked. If you will be designing plastic parts you should expect questions that will test your knowledge of the injection molding process or proper design practices and procedures.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is give and take. The process can be completed during the initial conversation when the offer was extended. In some cases it may be longer but usually an agreement is reached in less than 24 hours.