Orchard Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orchard Therapeutics

2.2

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Therapeutics (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview with the manager and a Skype interview (because I was in a different state) with several others a few days later. Everyone was nice and the questions were mainly based on the resume and basically me walking them through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Did you really do all the things you mentioned in the resume? You realize we are in California?   Answer Question

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Therapeutics (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, had a screening call within a week or so, then had two phone interviews with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with several interviewers. All the interviews were great, all of the meetings overshot the time slot, and I was able to extract a lot of information regarding the problems they are facing as well as the potential of their pipeline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you looking for a new job, technical questions gear toward assessing your familiarity on biotech processing, assess regulatory understanding in procurement sense, assess soft skills on the ability to work cross-functionally.   1 Answer

Process Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orchard Therapeutics (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter to set-up an interview call with the HM. Phone interview went well, followed by a 2-hour Skype interview since the position was located in Menlo Park, CA and I was located remotely. Overall great experience; everyone on the team seemed friendly and humble.

Interview Questions

• Detailed discussion about past experiences in process development   Answer Question

CMC Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orchard Therapeutics (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Sent in my resume for a role in Menlo Park CA and received a message probably a week later by their ‘talent acquisition North America consultant’ asking if I would be available for a preliminary screening call the following week. I happily gave my availability but never received a call at the expected time, no reason-apology message received. I attempted emailing back this person twice, also used LinkedIn message but never got a response.
    I applied to many roles and generally don’t care much if I don’t receive a response as I’m sure during initial screening they companies eliminate poor fits, but this is personal lack of manners of not making an expected call with no reason provided and not replying to personal emails at least with an awknoledglement type essays such as ‘thanks for applying we have decided not to move forward’ or similar. After all they contacted me first asking for a screening call, not the other way around! Just incredibly rude!

Interview Questions

• What is your availability next week for an initial phone screening ?   1 Answer

Orchard Therapeutics Response

Sep 10, 2018 – HR Manager

We're sorry your experience was a negative one and hope that this was a rare experience for someone moving through our process, we appreciate your feedback and will take steps to ensure it doesn't... More