Original Penguin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Original Penguin

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Original Penguin (Cypress, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I walked into the store and had to wait a couple of minutes for the manager to come out. I was really nervous, but the manager was really relaxed and easy going. There were really simple questions, and I was basically hired after I did the interview. Everyone at the store greeted me kindly as well.

Interview Questions

• Name one challenge you've faced during your retail experience.   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Original Penguin.

Interview

I was approached when one of the other keyholders was leaving, as I was the only person in the store with experience. It was only 1 face to face interview with the area manager, and that was only because he happened to be in town that weekend. It was very informal, he only asked a few questions about my previous experience and why I left there.

Interview Questions

• As a test for the brand i was asked to build an outfit for a fake client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room for negotiation. Though the offer was quite good for where I am. And i wasn't looking to push higher.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Original Penguin in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the Sales Director. She was very nice, pretty much went through my resume and we talked about that. Pretty basic questions as well. Simple interview. I was nervous though.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Original Penguin (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is unique in Original Penguin, an applicant goes through 3 interviews:

1) Basic interview with the Store Manager
    2) Moderate interview with the District Manager
    3) Phone interview with the Business Manager

I went through all of the three interviews, the questions were based on introduction, basic experience, "What-ifs" scenario, history pays, short-term and long-term careers, integrity and customer service. The process was surprisingly easy and the experience was positive until I was "promised" to be on board with the business and the team. Right after the phone interview, I was told that I was a good fit for the team and they'd eager to bring me on board the "next day". But after 2 months follow-ups and lack of response, I never received any confirmation. I would think they'd be professional to return a call or send me an email of my status after I received a word of being a "perfect fit" from them... but I received no response. Follow-ups are useless.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Original Penguin (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an interview one on one with the manager. The manager asked me regular questions about my background and pass experiences regarding sales. The interview lasted 20 min long, and I was hired on the spot.