Outpost Natural Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outpost Natural Foods

Multi-Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Outpost Natural Foods (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about four weeks from start to finish. Began with submitting resume and simple application. HR followed up with a 30-minute phone interview, where details such as a salary and benefits were discussed. After the phone interview was a writing prompt exercise, and those finalists made it to an in-person interview with the supervisor for the position. Top candidates were then sent to a final interview round with various members of the team.

Overall, I enjoyed how detailed the entire process was. While I ultimately was not chosen for the position, i felt like the company took the time to invest in me as potential candidate. If a company invests this much time into finding the right person, my guess is they continue to invest in that person once hired.

Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of magazine/website/blog and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about Outpost/why do you want to work at Outpost?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Do you work better in groups or independently/do you need direction or can you self-manage?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in the food industry?   Answer Question
    • What is your editing/writing/journalism background?   Answer Question
    • What do you focus on when writing a story?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite social media platform and why?   Answer Question
    • If hired, what would you like to focus on in this position?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outpost Natural Foods (Wauwatosa, WI).

Interview

First, you have a brief phone screening with an HR person. He forwards your application and his notes to the manager at the store you are applying for and they will call you to schedule an interview. The in-person interview is a set of form questions, pretty standard stuff. But they are more focused on your commitment to the company mission (sustainability, local food, natural living etc) than your experience. If you are passionate about what they are passionate about and have a good personality, it is a good opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about what your idea of a good employee is, what motivates you to do good work, etc. Also a few scenario questions, like how you would handle a disgruntled customer etc.   Answer Question

Meat Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outpost Natural Foods (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2007.

Interview

HR first went over my application and resume, then I was interviewed by the store manager, it was an hour long interview with the store manager and about a half hour with HR.