Oval Money Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oval Money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oval Money (Milan) in Jul 2020

Interview

Il processo consisteva in una serie di esercizi di programmazione seguiti da un colloquio con il CTO e uno con un SSE. Entrambi ponevano domande sia di carattere generale che di carriera e valutavano gli esercizi.

Interview Questions
  • Come funzionano le coroutines e il multithreading in python
    Answer Question

Oval Money

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oval Money

Interview

Il processo di assunzione si è suddiviso in vari colloqui: - challenge: domande con risposta aperta, programmazione (sviluppo di programmi). Gli esercizi relativi alla programmazione erano graduali. - colloquio conoscitivo - colloquio tecnico

Interview Questions
  • Programmazione orientata agli oggetti, testing e programmazione funzionale.

Oval Money

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oval Money

Interview

I applied for a position as Backend Developer in Turin, shortly after the HR contacted me, a very kind lady explained to me the whereabouts of the company and asked me something about my experiences, pretty usual stuff and at the end told me that I'll receive a quiz that I have to complete and send back one week later. Even before receiving the quiz I asked her if was possible to ask something if the quiz wasn't clear and she told me that the tech prefers not; at first seemed strange but I thought probably the test was very precise and they don't want to waste time, and oh boy if I was wrong! I received the quiz and I was amazed by the poor English and the vagueness of the test: there were seven points, the first six very trivial exercises in programming or very vague questions (like "what do you not like about python?"); the last one was the only valid exercise with a very specific problem to solve. One was written so badly that wasn't even clear what I had to do. I spent like two afternoons to complete all the exercises, to be honest, without putting much effort into them since I was a little put down by the quality of the quiz. After a week I delivered my solutions and the same day I received a reply with the message that I have passed this phase and that we could do a technical interview; they sent me a mail with a scheduled meeting for a couple of days later. The day came and like two hours before the interview they sent a change to the meeting: it became a call; they didn't ask me if was ok the change, they simply changed the meeting and an automatic email was sent. Fortunately for me was not a problem but I think is not ok to change in such sort notice a physical meeting. I waited for the call, it was with two technical guys: one arrived five minutes later and told me that he was in London at the airport and the other guy arrived fifteen minutes late without even apologize; for all the interview (in total lasted for 35 minutes, including the late arrive) the guy at the airport continued to repeat that he wasn't able to follow along because it was at the airport. Take in mind that they decided the meeting, I put no constraint on it. Started the interview was obvious to me that they haven't read anything about me, and he was reading my curriculum and the solutions right away: in particular at one point he asked me "I read that you don't like celery, why?" and probably he was reading the solution of someone else. After that the situation improved a little, he asked me about my code, telling me that was well commented and organized but I have used numpy and that is a heavy dependency. There was a little discussion about the python question in which I was a little imprecise. I asked something about the job, what would have been my task in the job but they answered vaguely and did not explain anything about the activity in which I will would have been involved. The interview finished and they didn't ask me anything more that wasn't already in the test: the position listed also some skills like database, machine learning, and they asked me only stuff about python; they didn't ask me anything about backend, like REST API or HTTP. Two days later I received a mail (probably automatic) informing me that I haven't passed the selection, obviously without any explanation. Sincerely I think they have a flawed selection process, probably they are looking for someone like Guido Van Rossum to join their team to do some backend development; if you are a senior developer don't bother to apply to their positions, they are not professional, you will probably waste your time.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Turin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oval Money (Turin) in Jan 2020

Interview

Fai una telefonata con la persona del HR, poi fai una chiacchierata conoscitiva in sede, fai un test tecnico e poi una chiacchierata finale con i founder. Processo che segue una sua logica e si ha a che fare con delle persone altamente preparate e professionali, direi impeccabile per quanto mi riguarda e comparando con esperienze passate in Italia.

Interview Questions
  • Cosa ci potresti raccontare su di te per fare stand-out rispetto ad altri candidati?

Anonymous Employee in Turin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oval Money (Turin) in Jan 2020

Interview

Sono venuto a conoscenza della posizione lavorativa tramite un amico. Il colloquio è stato diviso in diverse fasi: 1. Una prima call conoscitiva, in cui mi sono state fatte alcune domande generali sui motivi della mia scelta e sulle mie aspettative. 2. Mi è stato inviato, tramite mail, un quiz di sette domande per valutare la mia conoscenza di Python, che spaziava dalla scrittura di semplici funzioni a domande di attitudine, per finire con un esercizio piuttosto complesso. Il tempo massimo allocato per completarlo è stato di una settimana, più che sufficiente. 3. Un colloquio tecnico in cui è stato discusso il test precedente. 4, Il colloquio finale con alcuni dei fondatori. Il processo nel complesso è stato ben studiato, a mio parere, anche se si è rivelato piuttosto lungo. Tra una fase e l'altra è sempre passata come minimo una settimana.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oval Money

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Oval Money in Dec 2019

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin and I had several interview with her and the the founders. I had a test to verify my product management skills. In the last call we spoke even about the salary and some options in order to satisfy both parts. We left the call with the deal that I would have received a proposal in a week. After that I was never contacted back, not even for a feedback. This was quite surprising, I would expect a more professional behaviour from such a company, especially after having done all steps and I spent time on doing a test. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Product management test with some general questions and some specific related to Oval

Oval Money

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oval Money in Nov 2019

Interview

The initial call was short with very standard, general questions, after which I received an email with the assignment. This task was written in a bit chaotic way with Qs relating to various Compliance areas. After sending my answers I never got a reply which I find not only unprofessional but also a bit rude (as if they wanted to get some improvement ideas for free). Overall, if my experience as the employee would have been similar to this, I am happy I am not a part of the company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Oval Money

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oval Money in Nov 2019

Interview

The whole process took approximately 2 weeks and was done entirely on conference calls. I applied through their website and heard back right away to schedule a brief call (20 mins) with the HR manager: we talked about my career and education and my preferences and expectations for a new job. After the call I received a test which included questions and programming exercises in python to be completed within one week. The test was evaluated rather quickly (1 day) and I was asked for another call with 2 of Oval founders and another backend developer. I assumed it was a technical interview but they just said they were satisfied with my test and it went more like a friendly chat. They asked me to introduce myself, then they talked about Oval and let me ask questions about the company, team organization and so on. Four days after the call I received the proposal and that was it.

Interview Questions
  • talk about yourself, why are you leaving you current job, why would you like to join Oval
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Turin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oval Money (Turin) in Nov 2019

Interview

Il colloquio è stato molto professionale ma allo stesso tempo amichevole. Il primo contattato è stato al telefono, una chiacchierata dove mi è stata esposta con chiarezza la situazione dell'azienda e la posizione ricercata. Dopo un test via email, si procede al colloquio in loco con un founder. Questa cosa mi è molto piaciuta. La HR è molto disponibile e cerca di metterti a tuo agio, nonostante ti faccia assaporare il mondo dinamico di Oval.

Interview Questions
  • Cosa ti aspetti di fare e cosa vorresti fare effettivamente fare nell'azienda di cui ti abbiamo parlato?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oval Money (Turin)

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on Linkedin and put me in contact with them for this position. The process was basically a series of emails with a briefing included in a pdf, with a flow of an application to be created, in order to test the UI and UX choices, no telephone call or meeting face to face at all. I completed the test, and I haven't got the opportunity to expose anything that I did, and the feedback received with a delay of a week was very short (2 or 3 lines in a mail) and negative, not even calls or invitation in the office to discuss. I found that very unfair for a person who works and sacrifices his free time to complete a test for another company, that doesn't even spend 5 minutes for a call to give the feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Complete the task included in the pdf.
2 people found this interview helpful