PC-Doctor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at PC-Doctor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PC-Doctor (Reno, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received first a timed online assessment to check my programming skills. The test was relatively easy, with about 5-6 more or less complex problems to solve, but time was short, with only 90 minutes at my disposal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PC-Doctor (Reno, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

They first sent an test to take in which you have 90 minutes to complete and return. The test was pretty easy but a little to long to complete in 90 minutes. I was then called and did a programming interview. The questions were pretty simple but the person doing the interview seemed really shy and disconnected. I felt like I did well but I received absolutely no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Make a function that takes a character and translates that character 13 characters to the right in value. So the function would return "n" in passed "a" or "N" if passed "A".   1 Answer
    • Make a function for the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PC-Doctor.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone screen. Phone screen was a basic personality test and asked about previous projects and briefly discussed the position. The next step was a 90 minute programming assessment via email. It wasn't very hard, but I kind of froze during the assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PC-Doctor (Reno, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

I had mixed experience. I decided not to pursue the final, in-person interview round. First, felt that after interviewing me for 4.5 hours total, by then, having coding and Java interview done extensively, the company should NOT have invited me for, yet, another 5 hour interview. Secondly, I felt that company wasn't honest about travel requirements for the position. Also, I felt that they were forwarding me to a position that wasn't preferred for me, while they had another, actually lower level, position that I was more qualified for.

I had extensive written Java test/problem solving part, covering many general topics, done on time. Also, had phone Java and computer science phone screen and Collab/online coding part. Total of over 4.5 hours. They wanted me to come in for 5-hour technical interview....Really--how much distrust a company can have in people? I think that 4.5 of pure technical screen may warrant may be 2-hour final interview at most. I refuse to deal with companies that require 9 hours of interviews for mediocre salary, by the way. This is unfair and paranoid and distrustful on the part of the company. Have a little trust in people! On the positive side, their interviewing engineer sounded pretty friendly/relaxed on the phone and was courteous/polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PC-Doctor (Reno, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

PC-Doctor asks a lot of it's employees. As a small company they cannot afford to train up new hires, you have to be capable of hitting the ground running. They have you go through several interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the degrees between the hour and minutes hand on a clock, and code it on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PC-Doctor (Reno, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

They took an 90 minutes test by sending it thru email and that was without the notice of the test topic. The test was everything in C++ which eventually surprised me since I took all my time preparing my resume and all that is there in it.