PCCW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.5

Crewbie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PCCW (Dublin, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Computer test and then sitting with a representative to listen to some calls and then final interview. If you can read and write you are hired. Look at who is around you and determine if that is the right place for you. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a call center before?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCCW (Dublin, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then I received a call to set up an interview the next day. I was emailed an assessment to complete, which was a basic typing, math and basic parts of the computer test. I came in for the interview and once I came in filled out an application again and choose hours that I wish to work. I was called back for interview was asked basic questions about work history and customer service questions. I didn't get the position I applied for, but I was offered a temporary position that would last from Christmas to February. I did accept the offer since I needed to money at the time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PCCW (Columbus, OH).

Interview

"You're former military? You're hired!"
    They ask the typical questions however, there is a quota. I'm pretty sure you could say you hate computers and you would get hired. Many people stay long enough to milk the training pay. They will promise schedules but never follow through because that is not within their power to make it happen. Interviews are done last minute and often done without a qualified person to run it.

Interview Questions

• How well do you take direction and feedback?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations possible

CSR-1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PCCW (Lincoln, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

You read a script and then they hire you. There is sometimes a typing test for those that look like they might not be able to type well. There is very little required to work here.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic math questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCCW (Dublin, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was easy. Took about 30 min. Took 3 test online and met with two managers. They made an offer within 20 min. For 10 minutes I just sat in the lounge waiting for my offer letter.

Crewbie Interview

Interview

I currently live in IN. This was one of the jobs I wanted the most. When they gave me a call I drove to OH for the interview. Because of how nice I was and sociable before I even interviewed she offered me the job. We spoke briefly before I went in. And somehow the same lady I was talking about BBQ with told me I got it. I had to come back for the information. I wish I could've moved to OH when they offered me the position because I really enjoyed the facility. The area was nice. Their office areas were brightly colored and it felt like a family! I hope that in a month or so I will get the opportunity to work for them when I do move. I truly was thrilled to be working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

12.50 and after 30/60 days it was going up to 13 then 13.50 after 90 days. I didn't negotiate. That was perfect for me. It's just myself so I would've been okay with the wage.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCCW (Dover, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a call the day after to come in and apply. I applied in person and was interviewed with the phone "mock" on the spot. Got scheduled for my second interview with the site manager the following Thursday. They also gave me a small tour. The call center area was very bright and clean and the lobby was well taken care of. The second interview went great as well. Though she did not participate in the second "mock" call very well, it made it slightly awkward. She told me that someone would call me between then and the training date on the Feb 8th to fill out the remaining papers and she was happy to have me on the team.

However, on the 7th, I still received no phone call. I called them to check to see if maybe I missed a call. They told me she is still going through my file and I would not be attending the training on the 8th, instead that I would possibly be able to go to the training in the next few months. I was NOT happy.

The interviewer, along with anyone else that I met, was very friendly. It was very unfortunate that I was told that I was hired and then later found out that I was not through my own inquiry though.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PCCW (Dublin, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Friendly welcome, assessment testing to determine skill sets for position. Professional atmosphere. I would recommend being dressed properly as those in sweat pants were not seen. Very busy office, everyone had a smile on their face.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PCCW in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Very straight forward without any hoops to jump through. Interviewer was friendly and direct. It took several months to hear back and that kind of delay is typical for the company. Their process is very long, but did not involve extra work from me.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Just in-depth questions about employment history.   1 Answer

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCCW (Lincoln, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

It was an in person interview and they basically asked why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in the position, and my availability. I only spoke with one person throughout the entire process. Around this time they usually hired just about anyone because the position was for telemarketing. Most people don't like doing phone sales. So, It's been the easiest interview I've ever had by far.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was irate with you?   1 Answer