PDC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PDC (Manchester, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring was smooth. No standard questions asked about the "most difficult time..." or "tell me about a time...".

Interview Questions

• They did not pull out the standard questions and never asked me any basic questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PDC in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was long, drawn out, unorganized, and not truthful. Too many people were involved. It seemed everyone was going to be my boss. No one wanted to take the lead on the hiring process.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PDC.

Interview

The interview was two days. The first day was a regular one on one interview. I was asked to return the next day for a full day shadowing interview where we drove to businesses to get sales from potential clients.

E-Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PDC (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, process took around 2 weeks. First interview with hiring manger, 2nd interview with upper management. Interview was mostly based on experience, very little personality or individuality was stressed.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward experience questions- nothing situational.   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PDC (Valencia, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a temp agency who found my resume online. The recruiter told me my resume had been chosen because I hold an advanced degree. Clearly, we both knew I was overqualified for the position, but I played along anyway. And though the proposed salary was laughable, I decided to go to the interview for the experience. Maybe they had another opening. Maybe they would offer me a free diet coke.

I'd researched the company online and knew that I wasn't interested in a career there; I just needed a job. The recruiter said the dress code is business casual, so I wore what I thought fit the bill. (Full disclosure: I have worked almost exclusively in entertainment and higher education. I have zero idea what qualifies as business casual. Apparently, dark jeans, black blazer, and cute/stylish flats are not business casual.)

When I arrived at the office, I was actually kind of impressed. It seemed far less uptight and corporate and blah than I had imagined it would be. The reception area reminded me of one of those hip "boutique" offices. It certainly didn't look like they made ID bracelets for hospitals. It looked like the things going on in the rest of the building required creativity and big ideas.

While waiting to be interviewed, I was able to check out some of the employees as they meandered throughout the lobby. Most made eye contact. Most smiled. Maybe because it was Friday. And, to my relief, everyone was dressed just like me. Some worse, even. Phew, I thought to myself, business casual may not totally kill my spirit.

Finally my interviewer arrived. She seemed nice enough. I was immediately informed that she normally didn't conduct interviews, as she was far too busy for such things. Unfortunately, however, the person charged with interviewing was out and so there we were. I don't want to brag, but I killed it. By the end of the 30 minutes, I'd been offered my choice of two jobs. The one I was called for and another equally depressing position in sales. (The recruiter later told me that the woman who interviewed me was so thoroughly impressed that she wanted to take me under her wing as a mentee. And though she was making a lot of assumptions, the first being that her mentorship would somehow benefit me, I was a little proud of myself since the recruiter said my interviewer was notoriously hard to please. She did, however, mention that normally she would have turned me away sans interview because my limited clothing options somehow preclude my ability to perform mundane administrative tasks.)

Once again, I was told that the company wanted me specifically because I have a master's degree. It doesn't matter in what, just that I have it. Cool, I thought to myself, finally it's worth something. Turns out, the something that it's worth is really next to nothing at PDC. Long story short, and as I politely explained to both my interviewer and later the recruiter, I am a firm believer in the old adage "you get what you pay for". I'm not quite sure what $30k/year gets you these days, but I can tell you what it won't. Thirty thousand dollars a year does not get you an employee with several years of administrative and project management experience, an unimpeachable work ethic, mad organization skills, and a winning smile. Much less one with a master's degree who was apparently woefully underdressed because every day is Casual Friday in her world.

They couldn't afford me

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PDC (Valencia, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The overall process was pretty straight forward… a pretty lengthy phone interview with HR followed by a panel in person interview. The team I interviewed with was fairly inexperienced at interviewing. I’m 36 and it seems they when out of their way to make me feel that I might be too old. “We’re a REALLY young team.” “We like to hang out after work and do young people things” that was a little awkward. I came from a much larger company and I got more questions about my old onsite gym than my job responsibilities. And like so many interviews these days, no follow up. A little feedback and a “thanks for driving out” would be nice.

Manager of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PDC (Valencia, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Mostly a song a dance to check the boxes. They already knew who they were going to hire before they hired the person. The obviously wanted to interview a women, as well as a minority before hiring the white guy.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really get many questions, the interview process was mostly being convinced that I didn't want the job that I was applying for...   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant/Graphic Designer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PDC (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was very easy and fairly short. I was called a few days after the company expressed an interest in me and in my resume, and the woman I spoke with wished to know my experience in the healthcare realm, and how my previous jobs would help me with the job offered at PDC. I answered the questions promptly and gave thorough answers, which seemed to impress her. The interview probably lasted 6 minutes at most. It was far from nerve-racking, as she basically went down my resume and asked me about each job, and how certain responsibilities from previous jobs might be useful for the intended job. Another person called me a few hours later saying I got the job, and I started the next week.

Other co-workers said that they were interviewed in person by two people, but that the interviewing process was relatively short and easy.