PECI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PECI Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR).

Interview

Process was rather long. There was 1 phone screening, and 2 in-person interviews (one with direct supervisor and one with the rest of the team. I think they are mostly looking for: 1) right fit with team/company, 2) general smarts to learn on the job and catch up to learning curve, and 3) general fit to the position depending on your past experience and where you are going.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation in which, you've been waiting for an answer from a team member and he/she hasn't gotten back to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially, I have a salary range. The offer came just under the low-end of my range. I asked for a bit more, and they raised it to just over my low-end ask.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume. Got a call two weeks later from a very nice internal recruiter. He told me about the company, answered any questions I had, and allowed me to give my shpeel.

After a round of questions from him, I had another 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Both went well, so they brought me in for two 1 hour interviews with a total of six people. That's when my opinion of the company was really formed. Awesome company!

Interview Questions

• How would you convince or work with a difficult stakeholder to manage his/her expectations on competing priorities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a phone call from the internal recruiter with an offer and we worked on the details to help it be competitive and meet my needs. Everyone was great to work with!

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed recruiter. Well organized process. Met with several members of the team.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

PECI places a noteable emphasis on "fit," thinking not just about the capability of the candidate, but also about how this individual will meld with the larger team and mission.

One of the aspects I most appreciated was that many of the PECI professionals had seen notable professional growth while within the organization. The leadership team was largely built from within, and informal research on tenure was favorable - an important consideration in "quality of work life."

Interview Questions

• How do deal with conflict when it arises in a cross-functional setting, and a single manager or executive can't be sought out to resolve the dispute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process has always been pleasant. In fact, after working there for so long, I am amazed that the people interviewing me were not rushing out the door to get back to all the work they still needed to do.

The questions always seemed a bit generic (e.g. how do you handle multi-tasking?) but always harmless. One thing I found is that interviewing managers always wanted your responses to involve good communication over everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe what you do on our program to someone else in the company who knows very little about our department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I should have though!

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

Met with seven people and only two had interview experience. Many leading questions. If you are patient most interviewers will give you the answer they are seeking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you care about energy efficiency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PECI (Portland, OR) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied online for a few positions with PECI but did not get any traction. Only by networking and connecting with a friend of a friend did my name get floated to HR and i got a screening interview.

I was a job changer, coming from a different background than energy conservation. I was hoping that my environmental education degree and passion for working for the environment would help me during the interview.

I also had an extensive background in project management that made me a potential candidate for the job.

The phone screening was pretty straightforward. The questions centered around how my previous experience was applicable to the current job. I answered as best as possible and at times felt like I spoke too long.

The issue of salary range did come up during the interview. Best to be vague here.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PECI.

Interview

The hiring process was great - I had heard that there was a lot of turnover within the HR teams and the team there now went above and beyond to help make sure everything was a success and seamless as possible.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PECI in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview, which was fast paced and covered basic information like experiences from my resume and describing situations where I worked on teams and completed projects, worked with little or no supervision, and key skills like MS Excel. Notably, I was asked my salary expectation.

The second interview was in-person at the office, where I met with the program manager and the team that the position was a part of. Total time was around 2 hours. It was a very pleasant experience and the people I met were very friendly. Questions centered on teamwork and my skills and experiences that were directly relevant to the position. The position was described in detail and they wanted to make sure it still sounded like a good fit and that I was comfortable with the type of work it entailed.

Interview Questions

• During the initial phone interview, what was my salary expectation?   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PECI in June 2010.

Interview

Screening interview with HR followed by a series of face-to-face interviews with an executive, potential manager, peers and staff. Each individual had his/her own interview style, but overall the questions were very straightforward. One of the interviews was conducted as a panel and each person took turns asking questions. In each interview, there was ample time for me to pose questions to the interviewer. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to fire someone, please explain why and how you completed this task.   Answer Question