PMC-Sierra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PMC-Sierra Interview Questions

3.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

I first met with a senior engineer and we discussed projects and we had some technical discussion. I felt that this interviewer was merely trying to feel me out. Next, I got interviewed by three much younger engineers simultaneously. These guys asked me to explain LNA and PLL circuitry on the white board. I think it's safe to say they grilled me. Finally, the engineering manager interviewed me. He also grilled me a bit on PLLs and VGAs. The interview was challenging and highly productive.

Interview Questions

• There was a PLL block diagram on the white board that I drew earlier for previous interviewers. The engineering manager pointed to the diagram and asked me to tell him about the functionality.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

No telephonic round.Was directly called onsite.had three rounds 45 mins each.The interviewers were good and helpful.

Interview Questions

• C coding question.Operating system concepts.Data structure questions   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

two telephonic interview and 1 onsite interview with 3 engineers.
    It was not that difficult. asked basic questions about project and your courses verilog,system verilog and basic timing analysis.
    Interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR is very friendly, keeps you updated and makes it a smooth process. The interviewers are extremely good and they make you feel comfortable. They value your preference and what you would like to do.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult - the questions were conceptual and approachable.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed with another team but the manager from another team had one hour of the interview and ended up giving me an offer. the original interview was pretty technical but the one who hired me was pretty easy. showed me around and explained what the position was bout. overall not too difficult. basic VLSI stuff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

I was hired full time from an intern. Intern interview was very easy. Just got interviewed by 1 engineer and a manager. I was asked few QA concepts, and some questions on my coursework. Nothing major. With manager it was more about the work team was doing.

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (San Jose, CA).

Interview

phone interview for 90 mins. Two senior firmware engineers interviewed with mostly C programming questions viz. different types of storage classes. Use of volatile declaration. pointer to a function prototype. sizeof, tricky array questions and pointer related questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Firmware Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

Their interview process sucks big time. They schedule an interview time and don't call. You get tired of waiting with no call and you get email saying they want to reschedule. I have had two interviewer did that to me. After interview they would not tell you the outcome. There is an indian guy and he is very arrogant and he keeps asking you same question and irritate you to death. I think he just tries to make himself superior.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

First I got a call for 15 minutes from the hiring manager . the call lasted for 20 minutes. Manager asked me about my interests and my desires to work at system level.
    Next round was on-site. I was interviewed by 4 team members including Manager, senior manager and team leader. The questions included concepts on OS and C programming.

Interview Questions

• How will threads work in multi-core processors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

One phone screen with simple technical question, and then a on-site interview.