POWER Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at POWER Engineers

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Lubbock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started at the career fair where they asked to do an interview the following day. The two guys were extremely nice, and made the company seem really interesting to work for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had an issue and it needed to be resolved, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers in April 2018.

Interview

Started at a college career fair, employees were nice and willing to give me info about POWER. Gave a resume and applied for a position online. About three months later was told to apply for a position at a different location, because the one I had originally applied for was filled. A phone interview was set up with the recruiter the typical interview questions were asked and was told about the POWER culture, a couple weeks after that an onsite interview was set up. Offered to fly me to the office, pay for rental car, and hotel. The interview was more of about them getting to know me and how I'd fit with they're work atmosphere, talked with a lot of employees during the interview and got a good feel for how the work environment was.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you worked with a team, and overcame a problem within the group.
      What classes have you had that have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I got grilled at a career fair, about a half hour of very technical questions. He said he was quizzing my school, not me, but that's not how it felt to me. After many emails, networking, following up I got a behavioral interview with HR. Long behavioral phone interview, tell me a time when etcc etcc.. They had heard I got pretty technical at the career fair so the HR rep wasn't sure if I would have to do another technical interview. Turns out I did, phone call with several people on the other end.. super technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your software program is giving you correct results.   1 Answer

Had other offers with relocation packages and higher pay

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Billings, MT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and accepted an Intern position in Substation Physical Design.

I applied to a few Intern positions with POWER as far back as a month before I had the interview, and spoke with an employee about the company and job opportunities early on. I then contacted them about a week before our University's Recruitment Fair, to let them know I was interested. After speaking to them in person at the fair, I followed up a week later and they asked me to come down to the office for an interview. It was very laid back and conversational. They spoke a great deal about the work, let me look at some project plans, and then offered me the internship. They were friendly and straightforward. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How many estimated hours of AutoCAD experience do you have?   Answer Question

Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a full time position for after graduation and a few days later I got a call asking if I wanted to try out a 5-week internship over Christmas Break. Went in for an interview a few days later and heard back from them the following week.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in November 2011.

Interview

Simple verbal interview.
    Great HR rep prepped me on culture and presentation as it was much different than other places and that made an impact on me from the start.
    Very simple informal interview.
    Expectations were laid out immediately growth options and opportunities and such were all very straightforward.
    Pay offer was much higher than similar places in this area, even though cost of living is low in Boise.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question. But the culture is so relaxed and work driven, it is hard to not overdress for the interview or stress when you shouldn't.
      Power cares about the work you do, not your clothes and such.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and initial offer was outstanding with reasoning for amount and raise opportunities and progression made clear immediately.

Surveyor Interview

Interview

Hiring took nearly a month to get back with me and another month to hire me on. The company is under new management so the interview process is likely different

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Portland, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

Standard phone call followed by informal in-person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They play dumb about how much an engineer should really make.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Easy for an average college graduate. There is an on-line timed typing quiz to figure out how fast you can type. other average on-site interview questions. This employer likes to get their bucks for whoever they hire.
    For Example, they paid a liberal art major Stanford graduate with a few years under his belt as a project control guy about $23/hour for a project control position. I spilled the beans to meet the minimum 30 words requirement per Glassdoor.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very informal lunch. The man interviewing me had shorts, a tee shirt, and a ball cap on which made me really overdressed. It was an entry level position so there was no technical questions asked. The interview was basically to see if my personality would fit well with his group.

Interview Questions

• No technical or business questions were asked. Probably because this was an entry level position.   Answer Question