PPL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone screen, then asked to interview a week later. Onsite interview consisted of meeting with three others in the department. Two peers and the hiring manager. All three used prepared behavioral event interview questions Everyone was open and honest when asked about the number of candidates being considered and the next steps and timing of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for about 20 minutes with the hiring manager and a lead developer.They covered all the basic topics corresponding to my job and explained me about the project which they were working and what my role would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell about technologies used and previous experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The whole process was to determine whether I have the right experience for the job for which I was being interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. No surprises. The manager of the group asked about my summer plans and gave details about the position. I said that I was interested and he asked a few basic questions. I had already worked at a different utility company and got the impression that I was a shoe-in for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your timeliness in completing tasks.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

STAR format

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Phone interview - behavioral style. They follow the STAR format - situation, task, action, results. Usually 3 questions, plus whatever the interviewer wants to add.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online then heard from HR within a month or two. Received an email from college relations stating my resume would be forwarded to the hiring managers. Received a phone call out of the blue from my supervisor. I scheduled a phone interview and was given an offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you encountered unexpected results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. From what I later found out, about 3800 applicants were competing for 53 internship positions in Pennsylvania. It was not long and the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made other people do things for you.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PPL in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online in September for a spring (January to May) internship. Received a call to discuss my interest in the position particularly my ability to complete an internship in Allentown due to the distance of my school. Was then scheduled for a 30 minute behavioral based phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      Describe how you deal with people who can be difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered the standard intern rate based on year in school and major.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in July 2008.

Interview

The hiring process at PPL is a lengthy one. From first contact by a staffing agency until I started was six months. I was given technical testing and interviewed by the staffing agency and then three separate interviews by PPL. The first was a one-hour phone interview, the second was a half day with HR, and the last was a technical interview by the team lead whom I ended up working with. It was also technical.

Be patient and be yourself during the interview. If you are sitting there, you obviously have something that interests them. Do not be afraid to say you don't know the answer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty much routine. Why do you want to work for PPL? Why do you want to leave your current employer? Where do you see yourself in five years? I was also ABSOLUTELY grilled with detailed technical questions. If you don't REALLY know something, do not put it on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer they gave me was pretty solid. It was actually a pay cut, but they gave me a signing bonus to make up the difference for the first year. The offer was in writing, and they gave me a week. I accepted it the next day.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (College Park, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Aptitude test, technical interview, hr interview
    Shortlisted after general aptitude test have gone through
    Technical interview and
    Hr round.Around 50 minuts was taken per candidates.then results declared after 2 weeks

Individual test score was

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Met recruiters at on-campus career fair and applied online. HR requested a phone interview that lasted 50 min and gave overview of hiring process, asked resume questions, 'tell us about yourself', and the behavioral questions. Time was given for me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to motivate a group of people to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question