PPL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Head Hunter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Had several positive sessions with them and took an interview at the HQ in Allentown, PA. Took the first slot, which one of the interviewers was late for. They asked me to go through my resume and it seemed to be their first time reviewing it. I attempted to have a more natural, conversational interview but they were very rigorous in their process. They didn't offer water yet they all had beverages. The behavioral questions were OK. It seemed to be a good interview and I received positive reviews at the end of it with some assurance that I would fit into several roles, yet only so much can be covered in less than 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you encountered blunt criticism   Answer Question
    • Describe what your coworkers feel you do well and what your coworkers feel you do not do well.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle resources at work?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sat in a conference room in front of three interviewers. Typical behavioral based STAR questions. The interviewers took it way too seriously, there was no effort get to know the interviewee, they don't even ask you an relevant questions regarding the job itself. Anyone can make up answers to a behavioral based questions so I'm not sure how you can make a decision based on rehearsed answers. Also, sitting in front of three people was a little intimidating, they should try being a little more personable. They said I would hear by the end of the week "one way or another". One week turned to two, two turned to three, three turned to five. Five weeks and three follow up emails to finally hear that I would not be offered a position. Overall I got a bad vibe, and the reviews on here clearly reflect that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions and they expect to be given an answer in perfect STAR format.   Answer Question

Production Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Just had an initial interview and determined pay was not at right level so did not continue. Everyone was nice and the process moved along very quickly.

Transmission Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the PPL website. I originally got the "thanks but no thanks" letter despite being overqualified for the position, but was contacted that same day to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I conducted a phone screen a few days later with a panel of interviewers (about 25 mins) but the hiring manager cut the interview short because he had to be at a meeting. Didn't hear back from the company for a week and followed up with them to see whether they were still interested. I was in the area of the HQ and told them it would be a free interview for them if they were interested. They scheduled the on-site for a few days later. Conducted the on-site interview with the same panel that was on my phone screen minus the hiring manager. They wanted STAR format for their questions. The interview went well and I was told they would be looking to reach out to me within 2-3 weeks to let me know of their decision. As of this date they have not gotten back to me (10+ weeks later). To any HR people reading this - close the loop with your candidates, even if it's a "no." A little professional courtesy goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a manager's decision and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took on a project outside of your job description.   Answer Question

Project Control Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen by Recruiter - this was very brief.
    2. Panel phone interview with hiring manager and that person's boss. I thought this call would last 30 minutes, it went on for 45 minutes. My advice to job seekers is to assume 20-30 minutes for each person on the panel. This initial interview was conducted using formal standardized questions. The focus was on demonstrating leadership, culture fit, and integrity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received blunt criticism. How did you react? What did you learn from the experience?
      Describe a situation when you stood against the status quo. What did you learn from the experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First one was over phone and then meeting with the manager in Allentown...everything went well and there was not a lot of technical questions...It was mostly asking about my background, interests and why PPL.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions and questions about Why PPL and Long Term goal....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. No surprises. The manager of the group asked about my summer plans and gave details about the position. I said that I was interested and he asked a few basic questions. I had already worked at a different utility company and got the impression that I was a shoe-in for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your timeliness in completing tasks.   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for about 20 minutes with the hiring manager and a lead developer.They covered all the basic topics corresponding to my job and explained me about the project which they were working and what my role would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell about technologies used and previous experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The whole process was to determine whether I have the right experience for the job for which I was being interviewing.

Supervising Engineer, Electric Project Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The phone interview took 30 minutes with basic questions with the hiring manager stating he wants me come out for an in-person interview. In person interview follow very quickly afterwards.

There was no communication following the interview even after asking for a status from HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR behavioral questions. Just use the star approach.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Berwick, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted through a phone call and an e-mail for an interview time. 1 week later we had the interview at the onsite training center. The interview was behavioral interview with other typical interview questions. Met with 2 Engineering managers and a person from HR. They were all very nice and welcoming. The interview was very relaxed and I was given adequate time to answer all questions. Answers were asked to be done in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• What a was a time you had to deal with a conflict between you and a co-worker, and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?

What was a time that you had to explain an Idea you had with others who might not have understood?

Tell us about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?

Give us an example of a time when you were able to successfully persuade someone to see things your way at work.

Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question