PPL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PPL Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

Production Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Just had an initial interview and determined pay was not at right level so did not continue. Everyone was nice and the process moved along very quickly.

Project Control Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen by Recruiter - this was very brief.
    2. Panel phone interview with hiring manager and that person's boss. I thought this call would last 30 minutes, it went on for 45 minutes. My advice to job seekers is to assume 20-30 minutes for each person on the panel. This initial interview was conducted using formal standardized questions. The focus was on demonstrating leadership, culture fit, and integrity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received blunt criticism. How did you react? What did you learn from the experience?
      Describe a situation when you stood against the status quo. What did you learn from the experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First one was over phone and then meeting with the manager in Allentown...everything went well and there was not a lot of technical questions...It was mostly asking about my background, interests and why PPL.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions and questions about Why PPL and Long Term goal....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. No surprises. The manager of the group asked about my summer plans and gave details about the position. I said that I was interested and he asked a few basic questions. I had already worked at a different utility company and got the impression that I was a shoe-in for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your timeliness in completing tasks.   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for about 20 minutes with the hiring manager and a lead developer.They covered all the basic topics corresponding to my job and explained me about the project which they were working and what my role would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell about technologies used and previous experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The whole process was to determine whether I have the right experience for the job for which I was being interviewing.

Supervising Engineer, Electric Project Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The phone interview took 30 minutes with basic questions with the hiring manager stating he wants me come out for an in-person interview. In person interview follow very quickly afterwards.

There was no communication following the interview even after asking for a status from HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR behavioral questions. Just use the star approach.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Berwick, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted through a phone call and an e-mail for an interview time. 1 week later we had the interview at the onsite training center. The interview was behavioral interview with other typical interview questions. Met with 2 Engineering managers and a person from HR. They were all very nice and welcoming. The interview was very relaxed and I was given adequate time to answer all questions. Answers were asked to be done in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• What a was a time you had to deal with a conflict between you and a co-worker, and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?

What was a time that you had to explain an Idea you had with others who might not have understood?

Tell us about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?

Give us an example of a time when you were able to successfully persuade someone to see things your way at work.

Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Job was for Computer Aid Inc (CAI), which is PPLs IT outsourcing company but the interview was with PPL employees. scheduling was done via CAI, and was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Job was more focused on one aspect of IT and I was looking for a more diverse position, it was tough to turn down because they seemed great to work for!

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA).

Interview

First I went throughout a phone interview with HR to see if I was interested and qualified. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager and one other who asked me about my experience and reviewed my resume. Then I had a face to face interview with four attendees including two employees, the hiring manager, and the director.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were expected and none of them really threw a curve ball. They were all basic and the employees gave ample time to listen and allow me to think of the answer I wanted to give.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were handled through the HR rep who acted as a middle-man between me and the hiring manager.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

The one on one interview was pretty straight forward. The guy I interviewed with worked hand in hand with me daily after I got the position. The Management here was an is the problem with the company.

Interview Questions

• how well I knew Juniper firewalls from my previous positions.   Answer Question