PPL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PPL

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Data Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

The hiring manager explained the role then asked questions about work experience and education to make sure I'm the right fit for the role. The phone interview lasted for twenty minutes. Waiting for a call to let me know If I am accepted.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It was short and good about 30-35 min. Started with the resume and then they asked some behavioral questions and lastly they asked if I had any experience with any cloud computing software

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PPL (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Got an initial contact via recruiter in December. Told they were looking to move fast on this.

Had phone interview set up the day before New Year's. Initial interview was set up with one person. Then it had to be moved back later in the day. Then was told she could not do it, so another person was going to do it.

It was very apparent that the interviewer didn't actually care to do it. The whole thing was just to check off a box and tell the recruiter it was done.

I really hope that's not the company culture and that they don't just waste people's time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PPL in November 2019.

Interview

It was decently easy, they ask about you and your education, and they like to hear that you know about PPL. As long as you do some research and you know your stuff tehn you will be good

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

I never heard back from HR, despite multiple follow ups. The day I interviewed, several candidates for other positions turned up for interviews that had been cancelled. It appeared that the candidates had not been notified of the cancellations by HR. The panel interview was fine, but the experience with HR was not impressive.

Load Forecasting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Phone Interview approx. 30 minutes was with a hiring team, but the director of the call was the new VP of Engineering. Talk was focused on my previous relevant work experiences and the experience of working at PPL. They paid close attention to how I responded to questions in order to gauge behavioral patterns.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach finding a solution to _______ task?   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPL.

Interview

Very interactive interview process leading to intellectual conversations about business. The interviewers were highly competent, professional and personal. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. I would highly suggest interviewing with this company.

Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

PPL uses the "Targeted Selection" process for interviewing all non-union positions, to the best of my knowledge. This is the interview strategy I'd been exposed to on three occasions there. Essentially, there is a set (about 7) of relevant job-related attributes and for some subset of these, you'll be asked to illustrate how you'd demonstrated this attribute in a prior employment situation. Those about which I'd most recently been asked were: Resourcefulness, Courage, Self-Reflection/Adaptability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a new task or project where you had little or no experience . How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Head Hunter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Had several positive sessions with them and took an interview at the HQ in Allentown, PA. Took the first slot, which one of the interviewers was late for. They asked me to go through my resume and it seemed to be their first time reviewing it. I attempted to have a more natural, conversational interview but they were very rigorous in their process. They didn't offer water yet they all had beverages. The behavioral questions were OK. It seemed to be a good interview and I received positive reviews at the end of it with some assurance that I would fit into several roles, yet only so much can be covered in less than 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you encountered blunt criticism   Answer Question
    • Describe what your coworkers feel you do well and what your coworkers feel you do not do well.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle resources at work?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPL (Allentown, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sat in a conference room in front of three interviewers. Typical behavioral based STAR questions. The interviewers took it way too seriously, there was no effort get to know the interviewee, they don't even ask you an relevant questions regarding the job itself. Anyone can make up answers to a behavioral based questions so I'm not sure how you can make a decision based on rehearsed answers. Also, sitting in front of three people was a little intimidating, they should try being a little more personable. They said I would hear by the end of the week "one way or another". One week turned to two, two turned to three, three turned to five. Five weeks and three follow up emails to finally hear that I would not be offered a position. Overall I got a bad vibe, and the reviews on here clearly reflect that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions and they expect to be given an answer in perfect STAR format.   Answer Question