KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.2
PPL President and CEO Vince Sorgi
Vince Sorgi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Good pay and on time(in 32 reviews)
  • "Good people and atmosphere makes for an okay work day(in 28 reviews)
  • "Salary is good for beginners.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Friendly coworkers in direct department.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PPL and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work!

May 26, 2022 - VP-HR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Great culture.

Cons

no significant cons to mention

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Digital Social Media Specialist

May 7, 2022 - Digital Media Specialist in Scranton, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continuous learning in areas of evolving social media, complex platforms, Corporate Communications Correspondence skills as well as technical skills. Daily interaction with all levels of customers from Business Controllers to residential customers. Exceptional assistance from associates from various company departments working together to efficiently address & resolve any issue that may arise for our customers.

Cons

Constant learning and continuous evolution of new processes and acquiring ever-changing knowledge and updated skills sets.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Apr 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company that cares about its people and the service we provide

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Team Members - Room for Growth

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, highly skilled team members, great benefits, room to grow, and the company truly cares about its employees.

Cons

Depending upon the department you work in, there can be a higher turnover. After one year of employment, employees are required to be on-call 24/7 every five weeks for a week at a time. If activated outside of work hours, the extra hours are usually not OT pay after 40 for salaried workers.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

ask yourself-is it worth it? maybe yes or maybe no

Apr 19, 2022 - Customer Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-competitive pay -good benefits -union position -steady schedule

Cons

-the training is chaotic and incomplete (it's aimed at contractors with a high turnover rate, rather than long-term internal employees). You will be told to follow the tools and the programming without understanding the math or reasoning behind it so when a customer asks you a question you will either flounder to find the information yourself or you will try to reach out to leadership who are almost 100% unavailable. -you will be trained differently than the people hired before you, and they were trained differently than the people hired before them. There is zero consistency between training classes even though the job is the same. My recommendation for anyone in this position is to find someone who has been around a while and ask them questions. -once you hit a certain level in your training/progression, there is almost no chance that promotions will occur so you are stuck with the same skillset and knowledge without room for growth unless you choose to advance to a management role.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive

Mar 16, 2022 - Analyst in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, thank you.

Cons

Nothing bad to write for review

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company with lots of opportunities

Mar 6, 2022 - Support Engineer in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a lot of opportunities to learn from different departments.

Cons

Salary wages were lower for women than men.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

RUN FAR AWAY! Terrible Place for Growth, Bait and Switch Tactics, Corrupt Managment,

Mar 16, 2022 - Engineer in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay appears to be somewhat higher than other utilities

Cons

This has been one of the most mismanaged companies I have ever worked for. There are too many managers who don't know what's going on and not enough workers. The workers that are there don't stay long. The turnover is very high. When I arrived I discovered that my boss had mis-represented the position description. As I met other colleagues in my department I discovered I was not the only person that this happened to. Bait and Switch tactics appear to be very common in this company. It is possibly due to the high employee turnover. During my time with the company I noticed that there was no plan to onboard me and get me up to speed. Assignments we're just tossed on to my plate and I was left to my own devices on to figure out how to complete them. What made is more difficult is that the company has a lot useless processes that are confusing and add no value, but must be followed. This makes learning the job even harder. Management is extremely incompetent for the most part. There is a lot of office politics, which determines who gets promoted instead of promoting based off merit. When I raised my concerns to my supervisor I was met with indifference. The company and the management certainly like to claim they care about the well being of their people, but it is quite the opposite. During my time with the company I felt stressed out and over-whelmed and I was not the only one in my department to feel this way. I decided the higher salary was not worth the stress and left. Stay far away from this company. Management has no problem using bait and switch tactics to recruit people. Due to the high turnover you will be left on your own to figure out how to do your job. It is most definitely not a place to grow and the company has no ethics. RUN FAR AWAY!

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Some Good

Feb 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is Good pay Good people Engaging work

Cons

Storm work can become tough Some selfish managers

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Low pay, fair work

Feb 2, 2022 - Safety Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even as a salary employee, you get OT for working storm duty. They pay for certifications and promote professional development. Solid benefits package with 401k and cheap health insurance.

Cons

Be prepared to be on call 24/7 with storms. Unable to travel far away from work on weekends in case of storms. Very low pay for the certifications you hold. Bottom 10% of industry standard.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 301 Reviews
</>Embed

PPL Reviews FAQs

PPL has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 370 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at PPL to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PPL employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PPL. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

52% of PPL employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PPL 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PPL to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with PPL Job Seekers