PRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PRS (McLean, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the intern position with two women, one of whom was to be my supervisor. The other was head of intakes. After I was accepted, I had to complete a 2 hour training, a had to be finger printed at the police station and I had to provide a negative TB test.

Counseling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PRS (Alexandria, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I sent HR an email about a possible internship at the McLean location and I received an interview quickly for the Mount Vernon location. I interviewed with the location director who would be my supervisor. It was a quick, 30 minute interview and she signed my internship contract right then, inviting me to complete my graduate student internship there.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with this population?   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Interview

Interview

Was called for FaceTime interview which was awkward as the interviewer's camera was fuzzy and she never looked directly at me, but down at her desk. She was rude and questioned my reason for applying despite stating I was very well qualified.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer immediately questioned if I wanted the job bc my asking was $5k more than listed for the position on glass door. She then preceded to discourage me from continuing my application saying 1. They expected 48 hours per week. 2. They were so special that 2 years experience at a very reputable county job would only count as 1 year of experience with them. 3. That if they paid anything towards my license supervision I'd owe them 2 years employment once licensed Despite the fact I'm 1/2 way done with my hours. 4. That my qualifications put me at a level equivalent to their supervisors, (masters degree license eligible 4 years experience with SMI Crisis management and case management, but she would not hire me as a supervisor bc they are so special they only hire from within for supervisors, 5. That the case load was very heavy and I wouldn't want the job. 6. That I needed to prove I wanted the job, and would work 48 hours per week.   1 Answer

Crisis Textline Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PRS (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied, scheduled skype interview, invited for an interview one week later. I was invited for an interview at their crisis link building, had about an hour interview. The overall experience was very pleasant, but they ended up choosing another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my commitment for the position   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PRS in September 2014.

Interview

Be prepared for a long interview with some personal questions. Also make sure you can agree to the training schedule, it's a lot of weekends. They will ask you questions not typical of an interview but are there for a reason. Be yourself and show compassion and caring qualities. It takes a special person to do this and they are looking for someone who holds those qualities.

PM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PRS in August 2013.

Interview

phone call then met over lunch

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair