PSEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

An HR Rep called me saying they wanted to invite me for an in person interview. All questions asked were STAR based behavioral questions. Interviewers were very nice and personable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a very pleasant experience interviewing here. One of my interviewers curtailed some of my responses to try and gear my answers, and initially I took this as a negative reaction to my answers, but found that he was genuinely trying to help me in successfully embodying a response that demonstrated how I would be an asset to the PSEG team.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, how do you manage a busy schedule, behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

The interview was ok. It fellowed the star format so no super technical questions . The 2 interviewers were very nice and helpful answered all my questions. I didn't prepare alot for the interview, just read a guide that I got from their website.

Internship Interview

Interview

video interview via hire vue, asked questions about my resume as well as where I heard about the internship. This was the first step in interview process, with more interviews to come in person.

Energy Cloud/Customer Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their website, a few weeks later i received an email saying to schedule an interview (same process as a lot of internships). Nothing was special

Interview Questions

• If you can change one thing on the PSEG website, what would you change?   1 Answer

IT Professional Interview

Interview

It was very smooth and I had to interview two people in order to complete my interview process one was technical and the other was generic, the technical questions were basic coding questions

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview took place on October 3. It was supposed to be at 3:30 pm but Carol Castanza contacted me an hour earlier while at work to try to do the interview on a half hour. After I was told that I would hear back first week of November. I never heard back. I emailed Carol mid November and was ignored after trying to follow up twice. I'm shocked at the disrespect by this individual. I interviewed prior and had an excellent time and everyone in the company was great but this time, it was shocking at how little respect this individual has for it's potential employers. I had to go through Facebook PSEG in order to find out that I am no longer being considered. Lastly, the position I was interviewed for is not the same as the position I applied and I prepared for the wrong interview because of her mistake. Once I was at the interview a different position was mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personality questions and one circuits question.   Answer Question

Load Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Hicksville, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I got a call on a Wednesday and we scheduled an on-site interview for Friday. The manager was very pleasant and informative; the interview was a very positive experience and lasted for about 3 hours.
    A week later, I received a phone call and a HR representative said that they would like to extend the offer. I try and follow up the next two working days only to get a call back on the third day when they expressed their inability to give me the offer because I was on STEM OPT Visa. I tried to explain that I am willing to work even without an H1B sponsorship but I didn't get any response thereafter.

I had mentioned my Visa status in the online application itself. I just wish they wouldn't have gotten my hopes up and made me go through the entire ordeal before leaving me in the dark.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps involved in conducting Load research?   Answer Question

IT Technology Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PSEG (Bethpage, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

It took about 2-3 days, probably the fastest interview process I've ever experienced. I don't exactly remember when I had applied, but one random day I received a phone call to set up an in-person interview for the next day. The interview was with 2 different people, the operations manager and the director. The first interview was more behavioral questions and trying to understand my work ethic in a group situation and both also included me talking about myself, my resume, experiences, etc. Everyone was super friendly and nice.

IT Professional, Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through glassdoor on a Friday and next Monday I got a short phone interview from HR she is very nice and friendly so she scheduled my interview for Friday same week. I picked the time 9 am. Since I walked through the door everyonewas friendly and I felt welcome. Be early since you have to pass through security. You wi have 2 interviews on the same day. First Interview was with Network Manager and someone else it took about an hour long. I brought questions written down and they loved that. Get familiar with STAR style interview before you go. Bring your best "I have a leader spirit" with you because that is what they like. I prepared by writing down questions from glassdoor and then I thought how I would answer. Make sure you do this. Then they walked me to a second interview that was about leadership. It was more like a conversation about my dreams and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Star type of wuestions. Tell me a time when you have to do something differently? Walk me through your resume. Have you worked with someone difficult? Was is the difference between switch, router and fire wall?   1 Answer

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Online and in person interview was very fast efficient and easy to follow. They took a little longer than normal to hire and send an offer letter but overall very satisfied.