PSEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2018

2.8

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ).

Interview

The method PSEG uses for interviewing all internal and external candidates is the behavior-based format.STAR is a format that can be used by an interviewee to answer behavior based questions – it encompasses all aspects of a response for which the interviewer is likely looking.
    “STAR” is an acronym for Situation, Task, Action and Result(s):
    ? Situation: Candidate describes a situation for which he/she was responsible for or involved.
    ? Task: Candidate outlines the tasks involved in that situation.
    ? Action: Candidate explains what he/she actually did or how he/she reacted to the situation/task. Be thorough!
    ? Results: Candidate provides examples of what results directly followed because of his/her actions. Explain “what happened.”

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were misunderstood. How did you discover it and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSEG in March 2015.

Interview

for the contractor position, they just need a phone interview, they don't need person to go to the site for interview.That is very tricky. Looks very simple but after you come to the site to work, they treat you like a lower lever person.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Interview

Use the STAR method. Situation or Task - Action you took - Results you achieved. http://careerservices.wayne.edu/behavioralinterviewinfo.pdfl. Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Worcester, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone with two people conducting the interview. All of the questions were behavior questions and were expected to be answered using the STAR method. The two interviewers were very nice and were able two answer all of my questions well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a member of your team did not pull his or her own weight.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bordentown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG (Bordentown, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

A little unorganized. I was contacted a few days before my start date saying that the address on my offer letter was the wrong address. In addition, when I applied for the job the location stated that it was in Cranford but when speaking to the employers they said I would be switching between the Bordentown and Cranford location

Interview Questions

• Name a time you weren't trained to do something and how you handled it   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was a three part process an initial phone interview by the hiring manager, a 2nd panel interview with several people including someone from HR, and a 3rd interview with the hiring manager and the CIO. This process was probably an 8-10 week process from the original submission of a resume.

Give yourself some extra time for the onsite interviews. They go through a security screening process similar to what is done at the airports but a lot slower...

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral interview questions as previous reviewers mentioned.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ).

Interview

From the time of submitting my resume to first contact took 2 1/2 months. From the first phone interview to the first in person interview took another month. From first in person interview to the second in-person interview took another month. The bottom line is it took them almost 5 months to get to the second interview. The interviews are tough with scripted behavioral panel interviews. The interviews can have anywhere from 2-4 people interviewing you simultaneously for 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots of behavioral questions - example: Give an example of a time where you had to stay motivated when there is no financial compensation   Answer Question

The company is bureaucratic and very slow. They have outsourced almost everything to India except for senior level functions. There is lots of talk about doing more with less, having to wear multiple hats, etc...Frankly considering they one of the two captive energy monopolies in the state I was kind of shocked to hear they have outsourced everything.

Intern Interview

Interview

typical STAR format, wanted to see how you would think through different problem solving exercises, also went through resume and talked about previous job experience, typical "biggest challenge", "how do you work in a team" questions were asked as well

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. I met the reps at a college career fair, from there they gave me a call about a month later and I had a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a 1 on 1 interview and I got the job.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and first went through an online interview with some general questions that followed the STAR method. This was a little cumbersome and awkward. Following this I went through a phone interview with heads of the intern program. They were both very kind and encouraging and made the interview easier. This interview followed the STAR method as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you handled working with someone difficult.   Answer Question