PSEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2018

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSEG (South Plainfield, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

I first was asked to do a video interview on Hire-Vue, unlimited attempts but I think that depends on what the hiring manager chooses. After the deadline about three days later, I was sent an email with available dates. I was at work so was going to answer later. 5 hours later I get a call saying they only have three spots available and they need me to choose, it sucked because i was left with the ones the very next day. So, if you get that email, jump on it! I came into their office and had two people interview me. First I was asked to run through my resume quickly. After that they asked some questions. All the questions were STAR based, which was only about five of them. If you glance at their papers you can see they write notes based on your answer and then at the bottom, leave a score. I think 5 is the highest. After that they left the room and allowed me to answer three open ended technical questions, so make sure to bring a pen. Not stressful at all, but make sure you bring some good responses, I blanked when it came to the creative solution question. Remember every time you fail, it'll make you better for the next time. Took a month for them to send their decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a superior.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unproductive team member.   Answer Question
    • What is Ohms Law, What do you think it takes to build a substation and another i cant remember   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Horrendous from start to finish. Interviewer didn't call when scheduled however received calls that weren't scheduled. Eventually interviewed onsite. 3 months later received an auto generated response thanking me for my resume.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

Behavioral interview with some technical questions - Follow the STAR format and be able to concisely express how you get to the result. Just relax and everything will be fine

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

They called and set up a date for a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 35 mins very basic questions nothing that was too difficult. They used the star method and both people on the call were very friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a disagreement with your boss. What was it and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

It was on the phone. Two technical question and four behavioral questions. The questions where not hard. They just wanted to know if you understood the job you would be doing and if you can explain situations based on the questions they ask.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

I was abroad during my interview process. Consisted of two phone interviews. Was contacted by HR for an initial phone screening, then spoke with a manager in the office I would be working.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to PSEG and process took about month or so. I received a call from HR requesting phone interview. It was about 20 to 30 min phone conversation, mainly about position description and candidate's background. After few days I received an email from HR for in person interview at Edision center. It was group/panel interview: Four manager and myself. In person interview lasted for about an hour. Seven question: Three technical and four STAR method question. Received an offer after about three to four weeks. It takes one month or more for joining after you accept the offer (Mainly due to background check and 15 days notice if you are currently employed).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have implemented safety procedure at work.   Answer Question

Generation Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

it was a fairly simple process. I had a phone call from hr to schedule a follow-up real interview. It was a couple of basic STAR questions, and a couple of technical questions about PSEG and electricity generation. It was a panel, and a relatively easy interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I got a call a few weeks after i applied and i went to their head office in Newark to interview. I was interviewed by 2 people and the questions were all behavioral questions and one question about the internal Ops of PSEG.
    It took like 12 weeks for them to get back to me with a decision. The email i received was the same email they send to the general applicants that don't make the cut for the interview. They could have atleast put some more effort to draft a more personalized email to the candidates that don't go past the interview stage.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PSEG (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

This was an extremely long process. PSEG has a thorough hiring process that can take up to four months. The interview itself was very thorough with technical questions to see where you best fit in company.