PSEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSEG Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

Screened at a career fair by HR, Top priority was given to GPA. Received a callback from hiring manager. They wanted a can do attitude and a flexibility on projects.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job it took a while to get a call back, actually forgot I had applied to the job (for timeframe reference). I had previously taken the poss/mass exam so when they tried to set that up I told them I had previously taken test. Received an email confirming phone interview for the next week. Before having phone interview, received another email confirming face to face interview scheduled for the day after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something unpopular and how it turned out   Answer Question
    • Describe, in as much detail as possible, start up of the current plant in which you work   Answer Question
    • Describe what your actions, for the plant as a whole, would be if your plant tripped offline due to a fault on the grid   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief technical interview followed by behaivioral interview. Interview lasted one and a half hours and was with a panel of thred interviewers including a very senior engeneer. They were very happy and easy going untill I asked about where I could find the company's employee handbook, or any other resource where employee responsibilities, promotions and other vital onformation can be found. It turns out they had no such resource. They were clearly botherex by the simple question and went about fkr 15 minutes explaining their way aroud it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

I applied online on PSEG website and got interview call within two weeks. I was interviewed by three people who asked me both technical and behavioral questions. I was told to answer behavioral questions using STAR approach.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

Followed the STAR format. 90% of the somewhat difficult questions where the STAR ones.
    Situation Task Action Result (STAR). They had to fill out basically an entire packet as you spoke which was the intimidating part of it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond in your life?
      What are your interests?
      What is your greatest achievement?
      1 Answer

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

I applied online to their tecnical intern Engineering Services Nuclear position. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I was interviewed by a principle Engineer who was in charge of hiring the interns. It was all typical STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to achieve in your career and how will that apply to your time at pseg?   1 Answer

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

In my opinion, do not go on an interview with PSEG if you expect them to respect your work history or references.

I had a phone interview for an IT Data Analyst position and advanced on to the onsite 2nd Interview.

I came prepared to the 2nd Interview with my cover letter, resume of 15 years work experience, references and a flash drive with copies of my work.

At the end of the 2nd Interview, I was given a Homework assignment to research 3 local cities and their school systems and report that information back to the hiring manager.

In my opinion, a homework assignment was utterly ridiculous , the topic was not at all related to the position, and completely condescending to someone with 10 plus years work history with references.

When I told them I felt singled out, they told me everyone was asked to do a Homework Assignment.

When I t told them I felt it was unrelated to my position, they told me they disagreed with that statement.

In my opinion, how does reporting on schools at municipalities relate to IT analysis. I do not know.

FYI. In my opinion, the Interview process is horrible and if that is the culture of their management. In my opinion, you do not want to work there

Secondly, I felt baited when I told them I was going to the EEOC and getting an attorney because in my opinion, their email correspondence came acrossed as "GO HEAD DO IT."

This is a company that has some serious hiring issues.

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous STAR method that did not allow you to appropriately answer anything   1 Answer

Corrosion Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

Initial phone call, follow-up phone call, waiting period, phone call to accept the position from hr, medical/drug test, final job offer made after passing medical. The interviewer from PSEG was very nice and informative.

Interview Questions

• They spoke about safety in a high regard - it means a lot to them. They asked "One instance where you exercised safety?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty cut and dry - being as it was an intern position. I didn't want to overstep my bounds during money negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

PSEG uses STAR format for interviewing. You have to answer the question by Situation, Task, Action and Result. Plus there are technical questions which are not required to be answered in a STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified a need to change something in order to improve customer satisfaction. What was the situation and what steps did you take?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

It is a conversational interview, but also asked a lot of technical questions. Also it was a group of people who throw questions at me. But it is overall a ok experience.