Pace Suburban Bus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pace Suburban Bus

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus (Markham, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and was mailed a letter 2 weeks later inviting me to take a test. Past the test and was emailed 3 weeks later to come out for an interview. I waited over an hour for a 10 minute interview. The human resource coordinator was not very competent and the interviewer seem like the type to only hire family members. Very unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntle passenger?   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus.

Interview

After applying on line you will be called to take a basic mechanic test. If you pass the test they will call you for a job interview. A plus to the job is having a permit for a CDL license. They will train you to get the license after getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember much about the interview, just dress clean, be honest. They might ask you how would you handle a bus breakdown on the street.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for this position the pay is set by the company and union.

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

They were on time, courteous, professional and to the point. Two group interviews were done. Mostly questions and two on-the-spot skills tests. After second interview, I was walked around introduced to several would-be peers.

Interview Questions

• Most were typically, but one was rather strange: "What, in your opinion, is the difference between Arrogance and Confidence?"   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus in July 2014.

Interview

Very long and lot if test with a group of people on the spot interview and not a lot of question you would know. Alot of paperwork and a little info not impressed but if you never drove a bus the questions ate hard to answer

Bus Briver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was not long enough

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pace Suburban Bus (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

in person with 1 hr person, and 2 managers