PacifiCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PacifiCorp Interview Questions

Attorney - Legal Department Interview

Interview

First I had a 30 minute phone interview. I spoke with the general counsel and another attorney. At the second round I had four 45 minute interviews. I met with the general counsel and four other attorneys. One of the interviews was by video conference with the Reno office.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called me back within 3 weeks. Interview was with area, regional, and local field engineer. Make sure you study power engineering questions because they will ask. Also they appreciated my having prior work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$19 an hour, take it or leave it.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone call to schedule phone interview. They called on time. I was very impressed with them.

Wasn't nearly as prepared as I should have been, and at the time, not sure I would be free of other obligations, so I just decided to wing it. Interviewers were very professional, supportive and followed up later to let me know they filled the position. I got the impression they had a great team over there. I felt bad that I had let them down. The lead interviewer took the time to give me pointers on what to study up on and encouraged me to keep an eye out for other opportunities with their organization in the future. I did not expect any kind of response at all. Class act!

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

Applied online after talking with a contact of mine who works at PacifiCorp. Was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was about 45 minutes long, not a single behavioral based question, very relaxed and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were non behavioral based and many focused on safety and past experiences. Interviewers seemed as if they just wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for the company. Interview was phone based   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with 2 managers and 2 architects. 2 hr Interview was thorough almost combative with 1 architect monopolizing my interview with medium difficulty questions. 1 'manager' laughed at a couple of answers I gave. The other barely spoke. I got feedback quickly and was hired 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes to our website, they can select which electric account they want to see details for. We use a 'pattern' to load several sets of details about the selected account. What
       Is that pattern called?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

They required contract to hire, so I said yes ...naturally

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

I had been working as a contractor through an external agency and had been instrumental in putting together their website. This was a contract to hire position which seems to be their trademark. The hiring afterwards was a perfunctory job.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Casper, WY).

Interview

Pain in the ass like all large corporations. Slow results and answers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to change out three phase underground riser cutouts hot? (Rubber Gloving)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Staff was knowledgeable and had directed questions. Interview was at their downtown location for T&D services. It was formal and there were several active employees at the interview. Questions were related to the job and they did a good job of telling me about the expectations of the job. It was not too difficult and felt engaging.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

First interview was approximately 45 minutes with a recruiter. The second interview was a panel interview with the Director, Manager, and two others within the department. The process took weeks to complete. The panel was very friendly and not very formal which helped me relax.

Interview Questions

• What skills and qualifications do you have that qualifies you for this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Legal and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

It was very short. I had two interviews. The initial interview was with a friend at the company. The second was with the whole Legal team. They really just asked me personal questions to gauge whether I was a good fit personality wise at the company. They didn't ask very hard questions, but did ask questions that forced me to think. My political experience was a large plus for them, as was my experience on Moot Court in Law School.