PacifiCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PacifiCorp

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

It wasn't exactly difficult, because i got a recommendation and my GPA was high. The questions they asked were mostly to find out how motivated i was, and how good i was with problem solving

Interview Questions

• What has been my most proud moment as an Engineer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

I had been working as a contractor through an external agency and had been instrumental in putting together their website. This was a contract to hire position which seems to be their trademark. The hiring afterwards was a perfunctory job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

They initially called me and did a phone interview. About a month later they called me back and asked me to fly into Salt Lake City for an in-person interview. During the interview they asked me if I smoked, if I had a good driving record, and questions about project management. When I was done with the interview I had to take a test relating to forward and backwards pass on a WBS and how to deterimine the critical path. It was easy, but the symbols on the test do not match the normal symbols found in the PMBOK. They told me when I was hired that they had 1000 applicants and did 9 in-person interviews before hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a project that was over budget. How did you you determine that there was a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me and said they wanted me and how much they would pay me. They also sent me all the benefits info. It was not up for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Casper, WY).

Interview

Pain in the ass like all large corporations. Slow results and answers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to change out three phase underground riser cutouts hot? (Rubber Gloving)   1 Answer

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Point of Rocks, Albany, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Point of Rocks, Albany, WY) in January 2017.

Interview

Long, after panel review with 6 people you go into the field and test out on 3 pieces of heavy equipment. Short tour of the mine talking about the process and what you will be doing.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called me back within 3 weeks. Interview was with area, regional, and local field engineer. Make sure you study power engineering questions because they will ask. Also they appreciated my having prior work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$19 an hour, take it or leave it.

Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months from applying to working in the plant. The interview was with the Maintenance manager and a shift supervisor. It took longer to verify my schooling. Great company to deal with

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with my direct manager, his boss (director), and a fellow co-worker. It was a series of basic engineering questions to gauge existing knowledge, and then a some questions to evaluate how I would approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem that you encountered and did not understand, and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Staff was knowledgeable and had directed questions. Interview was at their downtown location for T&D services. It was formal and there were several active employees at the interview. Questions were related to the job and they did a good job of telling me about the expectations of the job. It was not too difficult and felt engaging.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with 2 managers and 2 architects. 2 hr Interview was thorough almost combative with 1 architect monopolizing my interview with medium difficulty questions. 1 'manager' laughed at a couple of answers I gave. The other barely spoke. I got feedback quickly and was hired 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes to our website, they can select which electric account they want to see details for. We use a 'pattern' to load several sets of details about the selected account. What
       Is that pattern called?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They required contract to hire, so I said yes ...naturally