Pacific Science Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2018

2.3

Laser Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

The entire interview was a power trip for the manager in charge. Passive aggressive and a no it all. It was hard to relax and present the best me that I could because of this. The interview was a joke, the panel of 2 people talked more about themselves being so good at the laser thing that it disgusted me.

Interview Questions

• Would you want you bosses job?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center.

Interview

As a lead teacher, I was brought in for a group interview. You will be asked to give a short demonstration, the kind you would give to the kids over the summer. It's best to pick something engaging, hands on, and exciting. The Pacific Science Center doesn't do lectures! Then you will be asked different questions by different members of the summer camp team.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and roughly a week and half later, I received an email to come in for interview.
    This was an In-Person interview with detail instruction to the interview location. Afterwards, I was contacted to provide References. HR responded quickly regarding any questions I had during this process and was very helpful. I thought the Hiring Manager and HR team were very prepared and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your background experience in ---?   Answer Question
    • What role do you play best in team environment?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from the Cafe Manager, was asked a couple of questions about why I applied there. Then got scheduled for in-person interview. The 1:1 interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name three attributes that your friends/family say about you   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied and then was called into a group interview. It was a relaxing atmosphere and wasn't awkward at all. There were different parts of the interview so we did several different activity-type rounds. It was very group focused so there was not pressure on you individually. They really just want to see how you interact with people.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an aggressively unhappy guest?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center in October 2013.

Interview

Extensive phone screening with HR. In person interview with Executive Director and entire accounting staff plus a couple of peers. There was a strict script the panel interview group used, with each one reading a question in turn. I understand the need to be consistent but it was a very clinical experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about if there was missing cash how I would go about reconciling the discrepancy.   Answer Question

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring team contacted via email, then met with me in person for for a formal interview and a lesson. The formal interview was about 10 questions. I needed to bring a lesson plan with me and my own materials. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember but they were all relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2008.

Interview

craigslist, interview in person, hired on the spot

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone screen the next day. Phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and was asked about my experience, why I wanted to work for the science center, and what skills I could bring to the role. Got a call back a couple of days later for an in-person interview. Interview was with 2 people and lasted about an hour. Interviewers were very nice and the questions were pretty typical (what are your long term goals, behavioral/situational type questions).

Interview Questions

Pacific Science Center Response

Feb 12, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate all of our reviews on Glassdoor so that we can improve and provide the best experience possible to our candidates.

Imax Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Group interview with about 10 other applicants (about 5 applying for the Usher position and the other 5 for the Concessions position). Panel included about 5 or so supervisors from the usher, concessions, and laser departments, as well as the the overall theater operation head. They asked a lot of fairly easy situational questions to the group about how you would interact with guests in a given, usually unlikely, context. We would go to a certain side of the room to signal our answer and they would call on a few people from each side to explain their reasoning. At one point we broke into twos or threes and rotated around the room and talked to each supervisor more personally. At the end they asked the ushers to prepare and give a speech, as if you were actually giving one to an audience (they gave you a sheet with some info about a film to prepare). They also told us to pick one person in the group that we would hire and write it down on a piece of paper. Got an email to submit references a little bit after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of fairly easy situational questions about how you would interact with guests in a given, usually unlikely, context.   Answer Question