Pacific Science Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Science Center Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.3

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center.

Interview

As a lead teacher, I was brought in for a group interview. You will be asked to give a short demonstration, the kind you would give to the kids over the summer. It's best to pick something engaging, hands on, and exciting. The Pacific Science Center doesn't do lectures! Then you will be asked different questions by different members of the summer camp team.

Front End Guest Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Within a few days of submitting my application I was contacted about setting up an in person interview. The interview was about an hour and located at the pacific science center. I interviewed with the current guest service manager and guest service director. It was a very smooth process up until now. I was told I would receive notification either way. I have still not heard whether I have been moved on or not. I will be contacting shortly to figure out the details. Other than this small hiccup it has been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three words your peers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied and then was called into a group interview. It was a relaxing atmosphere and wasn't awkward at all. There were different parts of the interview so we did several different activity-type rounds. It was very group focused so there was not pressure on you individually. They really just want to see how you interact with people.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an aggressively unhappy guest?   Answer Question

Laser Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

The entire interview was a power trip for the manager in charge. Passive aggressive and a no it all. It was hard to relax and present the best me that I could because of this. The interview was a joke, the panel of 2 people talked more about themselves being so good at the laser thing that it disgusted me.

Interview Questions

• Would you want you bosses job?   1 Answer

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone screen the next day. Phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and was asked about my experience, why I wanted to work for the science center, and what skills I could bring to the role. Got a call back a couple of days later for an in-person interview. Interview was with 2 people and lasted about an hour. Interviewers were very nice and the questions were pretty typical (what are your long term goals, behavioral/situational type questions).

Interview Questions

Pacific Science Center Response

Feb 12, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate all of our reviews on Glassdoor so that we can improve and provide the best experience possible to our candidates.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and roughly a week and half later, I received an email to come in for interview.
    This was an In-Person interview with detail instruction to the interview location. Afterwards, I was contacted to provide References. HR responded quickly regarding any questions I had during this process and was very helpful. I thought the Hiring Manager and HR team were very prepared and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your background experience in ---?   Answer Question
    • What role do you play best in team environment?   1 Answer

Imax Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Group interview with about 10 other applicants (about 5 applying for the Usher position and the other 5 for the Concessions position). Panel included about 5 or so supervisors from the usher, concessions, and laser departments, as well as the the overall theater operation head. They asked a lot of fairly easy situational questions to the group about how you would interact with guests in a given, usually unlikely, context. We would go to a certain side of the room to signal our answer and they would call on a few people from each side to explain their reasoning. At one point we broke into twos or threes and rotated around the room and talked to each supervisor more personally. At the end they asked the ushers to prepare and give a speech, as if you were actually giving one to an audience (they gave you a sheet with some info about a film to prepare). They also told us to pick one person in the group that we would hire and write it down on a piece of paper. Got an email to submit references a little bit after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of fairly easy situational questions about how you would interact with guests in a given, usually unlikely, context.   Answer Question

Exhibits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Employer reached out via email correspondence quickly after submitting application. Scheduled an interview date, brought prepared materials to group interview. Employer checked references and conducted a background check during the week after the interview and got back to me a week after. Total of about a 2 week process.

Interview Questions

• They gave different scenarios for the interviewee to describe the next course of action such as, "If a coworker is socializing too much while working to the point that it is interfering with your work, how would you handle that situation?"   1 Answer

IMAX Concessions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

They posted on their own site, which you sign up for, then you post a resume, fill out the online application & then wait. I got a email reply for 1-on-2 interview with the 2 managers. There was suppose to be a group interview but I was not able to attend, hence the private interview. The managers are friendly & knew that this was seasonal & wanted to make sure that everyone knew this. Easy process.

Summer Camps Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Science Center (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

One quick interview (I did mine over Skype)! They basically just want to know how you would handle different stressful situations and what your teaching philosophy is. Super ease, straightforward questions to see how you get along with others. I think that if you interview in person, you actually have to have a lesson plan prepared. I found out that I got it within one week of the interview!