Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is best described as a similar to "speed dating". It is rushed from start to finish. Interview invites are done in bulk, and depending on the interviewer you get no more than 20 minute 1:1 to show your abilities. Person's interviewing are nice and as professional as can be but appear pressured to complete quickly to move to the next waiting person. Interview is structured with a typing 1 minute test, another exam like test on sports, gaming, and math knowledge finished off with a customer service scenario requiring you to reply.

In line with the interview pace feedback was extremely quick and within 1 week

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team and role that you applied for that is unique?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Louisville, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Betfair appears to be a great company to work for. Their managers and talent acquisition people are direct, honest, and intelligent (e.g., they ask probing questions which indicates the types of smart people that work there). It is rare that an internal corporate recruiter not only call with the results of the decision, but to provide substantive feedback. I wish them all the best in growing the business in the US.

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

Very friendly yet challenging. Sense of humour expected. Some questions were thorough. A set of character features test; plus whether candidate a good fit for the team as well as the business at large. Multi lingual environment. Cool London office

SAS Exchange Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

It was a two step process. The first was a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes and asked general questions about the job role and why I would be fit for the role. This was then followed by a more thorough face-to-face interview with two members of the team which lasted just under an hour.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you think you are right for this role?   Answer Question
    • Q. Can you think of a situation when you had to multi-task?   Answer Question
    • Q. Can you think of a situation when you had to work under pressure?   Answer Question

Windows Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

Panel of three. Well organised. Numerous competency questions. Some technical questions around Windows and Group Policy troubleshooting, VMWare troubleshooting and use of Powershell. Plenty of questions around team building and conflict resolution. Lots of examples from professional experienced required to answer everything.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this role   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East London (South Africa)

Interview

I applied online. They got back to me within two weeks. I then had a group assessment and we had to be with 15 other people. We had to build a spaghetti and marshmallow tower and also did a maths quiz.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for us   1 Answer

Sports Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview had 3 parts: a written test, a discussion with the departmenet managers and a discussion with the HR department. The test had questions that tested your math skills, attention to details and betting and sports knowledge. The discussion with the managers was 40 minutes long and was very interactive. During the discussion with a representative of the HR Department I found out what the atmosphere in the company is like.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I am suited for the role of Sports Operator?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Thought the process was disappointing, with no feedback on phone interview from the recruiter. Felt the unprofessionalism was a bit much for not following up with candidates. Can respect if one was not right for the position, but don't leave someone hanging with no contact. Wouldn't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience with web development, your projects etc.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I have applied to the position via LinkedIn. After a first call over the phone with some basic questions (technical and personal ones), they invited me on-site for attending a 2 hours technical interview.
    The whole process wasn't so hard, some questions were based on Javascript tricks and concepts, others were about a build pipeline. Overall, it wasn't so hard, I was expecting something more though.
    Result: they told that I should have received feedback within the next week. I never got an email from them at all. After almost 10 days, I wrote them again asking for a follow-up. They never replied.

Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via Linkedin. Got contacted via phone to schedule an on-site session.
    Followed by an On-site technical interview which included skills testing. Followed right after was an interview with Hiring Manager + interview with HR