Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions

Interviews at Paddy Power Betfair

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Louisville, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Betfair appears to be a great company to work for. Their managers and talent acquisition people are direct, honest, and intelligent (e.g., they ask probing questions which indicates the types of smart people that work there). It is rare that an internal corporate recruiter not only call with the results of the decision, but to provide substantive feedback. I wish them all the best in growing the business in the US.

Interview Questions

• What are the successes of your career?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Malta, MT) in March 2018.

Interview

All the commum questions, nothing special. They called me inviting for the interview... Then all was good. Before the interview the HR person caller me asking just a few questions.

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Malta, MT) in January 2018.

Interview

1st phone
    2nd face to face and test on pc to see how we handle a customer via chat query
    3rd called to give me offer which I accepted and had training straight after

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is best described as a similar to "speed dating". It is rushed from start to finish. Interview invites are done in bulk, and depending on the interviewer you get no more than 20 minute 1:1 to show your abilities. Person's interviewing are nice and as professional as can be but appear pressured to complete quickly to move to the next waiting person. Interview is structured with a typing 1 minute test, another exam like test on sports, gaming, and math knowledge finished off with a customer service scenario requiring you to reply.

In line with the interview pace feedback was extremely quick and within 1 week

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team and role that you applied for that is unique?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

Hiring process took roughly around two to three weeks from when I was called for the interview, then doing the phone interview, taking the aptitude test and doing the in person interview. Overall it was pretty straight forward

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role of Assistant Store Manager at Paddy Power Betfair.
    The process consists of 3 different steps. A phone call with a discussion about the role which they'll ask questions to test your competency, if you are successful from there you are then invited to an interview with a Talent Specialist. The interview will last about 35-45 minutes, you are asked a series of questions, why do you want to work for paddy power, where do you see yourself in 3 years, why do you want to leave your current job. The final stage is a meet up with the store manager to discuss what he expects from you and to confirm if you and he are suited to work together

Interview Questions

• What do you think good customer service is   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on November and the process finished near the end of December.First part of the process was the application. After a couple of days I received a mail to book a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly about behavioural questions and included 10 questions about Java. If we passed we were given a programming test. Although after a couple of days we were told we shouldn't do it and that we automatically passed..After a week I was invited in the Assessment Centre. We were divided in two groups. The first part included a small presentation of ourselves. Then we had a 1-1 interview that included mostly behavioural questions. Then we had a group presentation about the implementation of a scalable betfair exchange site. Last part was a technical test that included Fibonacci, a method to find the unique characters of a list using hashmap and another one I don't remember. Overall it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Which is faster? LinkedList or ArrayList.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief telephone interview covering my previous work experience, some basic programming questions and a couple of behavioral ones. Next stage was to do a programming test at my own time.

Final stage was a face to face interview at Hammersmith Headquarters. It consisted of three parts, covering lots of behavioral questions (what would you do if x happened or tell us one time that you faced x problem and how you dealt with it) and programming questions regarding the programming test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us if you ever had a disagreement with a colleague of your and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview lasting about an hour focussing on technical questions about Java.

Second interview on site:
    - written test on Java lasting an hour.
    - interview with technical staff (2-3 people) exploring answers to the test and assessing recent work experience and passion for technology.
    - interview with management staff (1 person) discussing details of the role, expectations, answering any questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions about caching: when to use it and why; how to implement it; how to ensure caches don't grow too large.

Questions about concurrency.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair in June 2008.

Interview

It was good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A