Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is best described as a similar to "speed dating". It is rushed from start to finish. Interview invites are done in bulk, and depending on the interviewer you get no more than 20 minute 1:1 to show your abilities. Person's interviewing are nice and as professional as can be but appear pressured to complete quickly to move to the next waiting person. Interview is structured with a typing 1 minute test, another exam like test on sports, gaming, and math knowledge finished off with a customer service scenario requiring you to reply.

In line with the interview pace feedback was extremely quick and within 1 week

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team and role that you applied for that is unique?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Louisville, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Betfair appears to be a great company to work for. Their managers and talent acquisition people are direct, honest, and intelligent (e.g., they ask probing questions which indicates the types of smart people that work there). It is rare that an internal corporate recruiter not only call with the results of the decision, but to provide substantive feedback. I wish them all the best in growing the business in the US.

Helpdesk Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by sports test, then face to face. This can vary depending on the interviewer as they may have favourable sports, or knowledge of a certain feature may be asked if you

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I'm not that disappointed that I didn't get to the next round as I know it's a competitive graduate programme. However, I am very disappointed in how they handle the recruitment process. Firstly, they email you saying you will receive an unknown caller id phone call at any given time for a screening interview. After about a week they decided to change this method to a scheduled phone interview. A week had passed and they never organised a phone interview. An email appeared informing me to complete a video interview instead. To be honest, it made me have a negative outlook on how structured the process is and showed how disorganised they were.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply? Why finance?
      What is the most important company value to you?
      Tell us a time you exceed expectations.
      How do you handle deadlines?
      Answer Question

Retail Betting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundalk (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dundalk (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview consisted of a very brief Q and A with the interviewer, followed by a very brief competency test. My presence was requested at a local hotel where the interviews were being held. I was taken in for my interview a little late. The interviewer spent the majority of the interview complimenting my CV and experience while informing me of the amazing opportunities I would have if I were to get the job with Paddy Power. The interviewer asked me general questions about my previous employment and education and then told me about a program they were running that (because of my education) would assure me of a management position within a short time frame etc. The interviewer then gave me a written test to complete and the whole thing was over within an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard questions like, what strengths will you bring to the role?   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call around 8 weeks later asking for an Skype interview. The person also asked how my previous conversation was even it was the first time I got contacted.

The Interviewer connected 10 minutes to late and din´t apologies. All in all the experience dint felt the company values its potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst we can ask yo to do for us?   1 Answer
    • We don't offer relocation do you have money to cover the relocation ?   1 Answer

Exchange Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied online, a few days later got a call to schedule a 20 minute phone interview.
    The phone interviewer asked what I knew about the role, the company and betting in general.
    Was then asked to come for a f2f interview the following week.
    Before going into the interview they give you a short questionnaire testing your knowledge of sport, odds and the exchange.
    The questions consisted of:
    arithmetic questions
    converting fractional to decimal odds
    naming the sport associated with various athletes.
    Then called in for interview with the team leader and another member of the team.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

First you have to pass a phone interview with someone from HR, it's just a casual conversation. Then you get called in for the test and interview: first tipying speed test, then a writen exercise in which you are given a message from a client and you have to write a reply. Then comes the interview, nothing special about, questions that everyone asks on an interview, not difficult.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a difficult situation that you have encountered with a customer and how you've handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you just take what they give you.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Easy phone interview then graduate event in the London office.
    No major struggle at any point of the process, a lot of emphasis was on the 'great' office culture which didn't seem to exist outside of the graduate day.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was very basic - just scoping general interest in the area.
      The grad day was in three parts: describe common vulnerabilities from a list, a group presentation and a 1 to 1 interview.
      1 Answer

Cross Sell Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was asked to complete a task related to cross selling and present my findings for 30 mins before a 30 minute competency based interview. I was allowed sit for the presentation which made it easier than standing up in front of the room. The interviewers were very friendly and created an environment that allowed me to present without nerves.

Interview Questions

• in this role we face a lot of resistance from other departments. How do you handle these kind of push backs and how to you respond to rejection?   1 Answer