Pappas Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappas Restaurants

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

They just ask you about how you heard about the job and your job experiences and what's your availability. Also they do call references so make sure you use some professional ones. And you have to get a second interview in order to get the job

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward,seems like all the Pappas restaurants use the same script for the interviewing process. Easy standard interview.. They do check references so be prepared for that. Other than that..the interview process went easy.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy, spent hours talking, sold me on the job. I asked the questions which allowed me to control the conversation and learn more about the position. Great Compensation. Great Benefits. Very Friendly. Only con was it was schedule 24 hours in advance

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Interview

I walked into the restaurant and asked the host if they were hiring and she said " we are always excepting applications" then she handed me an application and asked that I fill it out at the bar. After I completed the form she offered me a beverage and ask that I wait for the manager. A few minutes later the manager introduced himself and began the interview. It lasted about 3 minutes and I shy, nervous and convinced I had blown my 1st interview ever was bummed. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him and I don't know why I said it but I said " just one, when do I start?" he smiled a huge grin and said I like your confidence and he instructed me on the proper attire I would need for orientation that Saturday morning. After that my confidence just grew and I've never held back my wants ever since.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you experienced great customer service?   Answer Question
    • If a check is 30.00 and a guest leaves you 15% how much tip did they leave you?   Answer Question
    • What do you consider team work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied over the phone. I got a call back within a few days and was instructed to go to Hobby airport for open interviews. I arrived early and was told to fill out an application. The interview was lengthy and they asked a lot of personal questions and what my vision for myself was. They checked my references on sight and offered me a position. The issue I had was that I applied for another position but was offered a different one with the promise of making more money. Turns out that was a lie. And I was told that I would start soon but that ended up being close to a month.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I had a walk-in interview weeks before grand opening. The interviewer asked a series of questions related to the restaurant industry and we also talked about my prior work experince. The interviewer understood that I was a college student at the time and would be working part-time, so the overall experience was not very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that makes a good dining experience.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants.

Interview

Usually promoted from with in the current restaurant. Start off as a floor manager and then move to the kitchen. There are also Fast Track manager positions always available. These managers must have a college degree and apply at Main Office. The interview process will start with your GM, then the Concept Leader and then a Main Office staff member from the Management Development department.

Interview Questions

• There is a CPP test you take. A lot of your questions are going to based off of that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pappas will start you off at a lower pay rate, you need to ask for more money.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

quick question and answer with manager

Interview Questions

• none really. Seems like if they like you off first impression you get the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do you still need a job? Come in tomorrow for orientation. Simple

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

took a long time over three weeks all was glamorous on the outside. beware management does not see what both hands are really doing take your vacation as it is given . company terminated me and kept over 70hrs of vacation

Interview Questions

• interviewer offered 26.00 hour   1 Answer

Negotiation

wrong cuz offered job so I took it because former employeer let me go for physical I had to take for job change

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I went in to fill out an application, and was asked to have an interview that same day. I interviewed with one of the managers that was working at the time. He asked some general questions about my availability, school, previous work experience, etc. He then asked me to sell my favorite Pappa's dish as if we were two friends dining out. I then was scheduled for a second interview with the GM which was exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this dish to me if you were my friend and I asked you what your favorite dish was and why?   Answer Question

They offered me a position at a different location