Paratech Ambulance Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paratech Ambulance Service

Sort:

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service.

Interview

Very quick and generic. If you get an interview you will get a job offer because they give and offer to everyone on the spot. That is the companies new way to help get the employees on the job quicker

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service (Brown Deer, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

if you have a ems license and can say yes you have a job
    They will hire anyone they need license bodies. They lie to you in order to get you to come to work

EMT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service.

Interview

They have you take a short written test, then ask you some questions in person. They see how you react to a scenario....basically one of them starts yelling at you about how their friend is dead in a car and you have to keep the peace. It's....weird. However it's incredibly easy. They're just looking for someone with a pulse and an EMT cert. If you have those, congratulations you're hired.

Interview Questions

• "WHY IS MY FRIEND NOT MOVING?! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO TO HELP THEM??!!"
      Yes, they actually attempt to act out a scene like this....lol   1 Answer
    • Make sure you know doses for meds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate what? Lol. They say "can you start on this day?" and you say yes or no.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Completed application and had to have it notarized. I also had to pay for a current driver's abstract from DMV to include it. I mailed it and heard nothing. About 2 weeks later I got an email requesting another form, which I promptly sent via email. Again I heard nothing.

About 1 month later I got a phone call on my listed secondary phone number, not my primary. I got an interview after calling multiple time and leaving voicemails.

I came into the interview about 10 minutes early and to my surprise there was a small EMS test to take as well as a driver questionnaire. I completed this and then waited for 15-20 minutes. After 35-40 minutes after my interview time, someone came out to get me.

They asked a few typical questions like what do you know about the company, what are your short term long term career goals and the like. A second person came into the interview and both asked questions. They explained in brief the benefits and wage. While they do advertise $10.79 an hour for EMT, the base pay is $9.79 and the $1.00 is an attendance bonus that you lose if your late or call off work/have not PTO available from what I understand.

I was offered a position at the interview which from what I'm told is not the norm. However since it was a last minute interview, they wanted to offer it right away. I did have to go to the clinic for a physical and physical ability test right away, so I had to do this in shirt and tie with dress shoes.

After that, I received a confirmation letter and email letting me know when orientation started.

Orientation is held in Milwaukee and is 6 days long. M-F and one other Monday. 8-430 every day. 30 minute lunch is not paid during this week. You also get paid $9.79 during this and during training shifts.

You have 3 training shifts you have to complete. 2 in Milwaukee and 1 maybe 2 in the district you will be working.

Interview Questions

• They give a scenario and have you verbally work through it. It will be a lose lose situation and you really can't give a right answer but there is one that will get them to stop the scenario.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not any negotiation possible. You don't like the pay then you don't have to take the job.

EMT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service.

Interview

Basically they just need bodies to fill the positions that are open from other people leaving, because they're sick of working there. Interview is easy and stupid it is a formality more than anything if you get a call and you have an emt license you will get hired.

Negotiation

It took 10 min and i had a job offer like i said before they just need bodies, because the turnover rate is so high.

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Standard interview questions, short written test for skills assessment. The company essentially hires anyone without a criminal record who has a driver's license, and even that is rather flexible. The company will hire people that are not currently suitable for the position, notifying the candidate of the changes necessary to continue employment after the time of hire.

Emt B Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service in January 2013.

Interview

Called quickly after application submission. The interview was quick and easy. They offer you a job and shift in the interview. They run a background check and you need to complete a physical. You attend a 6 day 48 hr orientation class. 3 12 hour training shifts and then on your own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you your pay.....thats it.

Critical Care Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paratech Ambulance Service (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

A quirky scenario where one manager yells at you while you attempt to answer a protocol question. Uncertain what business school these guys went to....oh wait...they didn't! This was nothing like an interview process you would see at a Fire Department....far from it! Quite the juvenile endeavor as everyone gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Really no questions other than the oddly inappropriate protocol scenario - hint - tell them you will call medical control! It was very strange and seemed more focused on trying to freak someone out than to determine if they were a good candidate.   1 Answer