Partners Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Partners Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

Junior Structurer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Partners Group (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by half-day in person interview in the office. Office interview involved face to face and videoconferencing. Interviews themselves were straight-forward and asked about my experience and background. The case was very difficult and hard to prepare for. Decision made very quickly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case involved looking at a PPM, term sheet and a powerpoint and answering a list of questions. Had 40 minutes to prepare.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Partners Group in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my B-School for the Associate Position in Asia. Had two phone interviews: one with the HR and the other with the head of Private Debt - Asia. Both the interviews were about 30 mins long.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Partners Group (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

15-20 Minute phone call asking about my interest in finance and a few finance-related questions. Very quick for a second round interview; I was surprised how short it was as the next round was an invitation to interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the two ways private equity can succeed in its investments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Partners Group in June 2015.

Interview

Two simple phone interviews. Basic questions regarding experience, relevant course work, projects and interests. First phone call was with the team I was applying to join. Second phone call was with the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experiences do you have to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Direct Investing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Group.

Interview

Job posting was listed on their website. I applied online, but was also able to use my network to get in touch with a managing director, who was quick to respond. I met with him and two of his principals the following week. The interviews lasted approximately 30 minutes each. They were interested in my background and previous firm, which was similar to them. Overall, they MD and one principal were very nice. The other principal seemed pre-occupied. Generally seems like a good place to work with a great franchise. They have a great fundraising team and are able to offer different products to their limited partners. Long-term focused investors.

Associate Private Equity Directs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baar, Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Partners Group (Baar, Zug (Switzerland)).

Interview

Initial phone interview with your usual CV questions. Assessment day - entire day with approx. 8 interviews across all levels. Simple LBO case study. Content of interviews from very technical (junior members of the team) to very unexpected seemingly not PE related subjects (get to know you as a person). I found the general atmosphere to be quite relaxed and the team members nice to interact with. Then a very long wait for feedback (more than a month).

Interview Questions

• Put together an interesting Portfolio of Private Companies you would want to invest in (boundary conditions - 1bn at hands, 5-6 companies etc.).   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process takes about 2 weeks, including 2 interviews and a test. you will expect at least 3 interviewers on the first interview, if you proceed there will be at least 2 interviewers and a case study. Each interview last about at least 1.5hours. Therefore, be very prepared when you are offered an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Private Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Partners Group (Zug (Switzerland)) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by 2 rounds of interviews. The first round lasted approximatively 1.5 hours and I was interviews by 4 people (2 HR and 2 members of the team). Second interview consisted of a case study and presentation plus a series of 30mn interviews.

The process was OK but the organisation is not that great.

Interview Questions

• What kind of metrics would you use to value a company in PE? Is the PE ratio is good metric for PE companies? How do you compute free cash flows?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Partners Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR. First question was on salary - tried to manage my expectations right away. Then after several rounds of scheduling and postponing, had the first round of interview on-site. Very generic questions, borderline idealistic. At the end of it, was told that I would hear back from them in a week since they were in a rush to recruit someone. Three weeks later and not a peep from them. Found the attitude of the HR personnel particularly unprofessional, right from the haphazard scheduling of the interview, to the rather snobbish and crude interaction during the first round and the eventual lack of courtesy in not following up.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Partners Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

2 initial telephone interviews, 2 office interviews , 10 sessions - long and over complicated
    Sessions with Hr junior, then a senior, referral then to line business manager, the taken to 3rd interview (f2f and conferencing to Switzerland for 5 individual 30 min sessions)
    4th session again f2f - presentation and technical knowledge question session

Interview Questions

• What would you best friend say is your worst and best trait   1 Answer