Pasco County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pasco County Schools

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Land O' Lakes, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I found it was professional and smooth each time. I interviewed at several Pasco schools and at each the interview process was the same. There seemed to be a set of questions that they all used.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a teacher? How would I prepare my classroom for differentiation and what sort of materials would I use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Wesley Chapel, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick. I applied, came in for a face to face interview where I discussed my teaching methods and classroom management style. I was offered the position later that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when students have learned what you've taught them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Wesley Chapel, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview with many "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview was one to one and I was directly told that there were questions in the interview that if answered incorrectly would immediately disqualify the candidate from being offered a position. The AP was very friendly though and the interview became more casual in nature by the end. It was less business and more warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Should you accept late work? How many points should be lost? When is it appropriate to give a zero on an assignment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Hudson, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Team interview with two assistant principals. I was offered the job on the spot. I had very little time to decide whether or not to accept the position. The paperwork after hiring was daunting.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of being a teacher is...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It's really more about who you know. The interview is just a formality that all administration must go through to meet requirements. If administration knows who they want in the position, every other person and interview is simply formality. Still, if you dazzle with personality and experience, it's possible to tip that scale. My advice/experience says; if you want the job, network to meet teachers and admin first.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is unusual or out of the norm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know what conditions you prefer and ask for everything with confidence. Worst case scenario is the answer 'no'.

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Pasco, FL).

Interview

Very easy. Followed up with school regarding job advertisement. Scheduled interview next day with assistant principle

Interview Questions

• Describe your teaching style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay based on scale (years employed as teacher in state)

Anonymous Employee in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Land O' Lakes, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

had to go through background check and 2 day seminar. there was no real interview just had to attend two day seminar and show proof of High School Diploma. the background check was very thorough.

Anonymous Employee in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Land O' Lakes, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. And set up interview via email.
    Took a test, face to face interview
    They offered to move forward on the spot.
    Drug test and fingerprint and training shall come next.
    Very relax.

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Pasco, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

test, 1 on 1 , training with the sub coordinator ,when it was all done with testing and interviewing with a HR ,you been called for fingerprint and drug testing .it takes some time .You need your your resume and after your references checks out .you will be called to orientation . You will have some on line things to complete also . after you are done with all the procedures, paper work finger print and drug tests comes back clean ,you will be ready to get hired

Interview Questions

• i do not remember any question ,it was about your credentials   1 Answer

Instructional Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasco, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pasco County Schools (Pasco, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It is a long process and they use a rubric to grade. The office personal are very friendly and are all on a first name bases. However everyone is very nice and seem to be at there jobs for a very long time. They all seemed to be like a family of people who have been working together for a very long time. They all seem to look a like there was not one thing different in any one of them. If you get what I mean, like they all hire their own cousins. Everyone seem to be born and raised to work in the Pasco school district.

Interview Questions

• Who is in charge in a school?   1 Answer