Paul Hastings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paul Hastings Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paul Hastings.

Interview

I went on two lunch interviews, both went well. Met with both hiring partners of the branch, and I was aware they were hiring for multiple positions so I was considered for more than one due to my past experience.

Corporate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (New York, NY).

Interview

20 min on-campus interviews. Had a good experience. Attorney I met with was a bit tired and lost focus sometimes (however understandable after X amount of hr in a dark room). Asked relevant questions and had read up properly on my resume

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer called thirty minutes late, and continued to be extremely short and uninterested for all of five minutes before saying, "okay, we will be in touch." The interviewer seemed completely uninterested in learning about my experiences or qualifications and only called to go through the motion since the interview was already scheduled.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

On-campus screening interview that lasted for about twenty minutes. Everyone submitted a list of "bids," ranking firm preferences from one to thirty. A lottery-based system then granted anywhere from 15 to 25 interviews per person. This particular interview was an informal one on one. The interviewer was fairly relaxed and the conversation about past experiences flowed naturally. None of the questions were very probing, which indicated to me that the firm was not all that interested in identifying candidates. I suppose these firms have to continue to "pay dues" to the schools in order to maintain their reputation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a cartoon character that you identify with.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Had to take a typing test, and tested on skills with MS Word, etc. Then I met with the Secretarial manager. She reviewed my scores on the skills test and went over my qualifications. Pretty straight forward questions, going over the position, and what's your goals, etc. It lasted about 10 minutes. And then I received a follow up call a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a public application link for the internship. I got a very casual phone interview from the office's recruiter and later a Skype interview with the Director of Business Administration. Both were very nice and lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about any event planning experience (was surprised by this question)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with a few professionals in the department I was interning in and heard back after 3-4 weeks. Straight forward questions and did not go over an hour. I also took an online assessment on my excel, word, and typing skills.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paul Hastings.

Interview

I had two interviews. First was with my boss, and the second with her boss. It was fairly basic and behavioral questions. The second interview was very informal and I spoke with my bosses boss about her background and life. She asked me one question and I was hired 10 minutes after my second interview

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paul Hastings in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was via phone where I spoke with one partner to get a sense of the type of work I would be doing. Over the course of the next couple of months, I had a follow up in-person interview with a different set of partners.

Interview Questions

• Much of the interview was getting to know me and my background. Any difficult questions were unique to me, and wouldn't be helpful. There were basic questions about competency which were easily answered by someone with experience.   1 Answer

Conflicts Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Hastings (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website and got a call back from HR lady and spoke for a bit regarding my resume and experience. At the conclusion of our call she told me she would speak to the hiring manager and see if they're interested in bringing in for an interview. Few minutes later she called to let me know that I'll be coming in for an interview. However, there are 2 steps. 1st step is going into their offices to take a bunch of pointless tests. I sat down on a computer in the corner like I was back in 9th grade again and took a vocab, typing, and grammar test. I was then called in for the 2nd interview and interviewed.