Payless ShoeSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

After applying for the position I was then called in for a interview not long after from the stores manager. The interview was short; I would say under 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in retail?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Sales Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I worked here as a teenager and it was a positive experience that helped me understand business. I stocked shelves with new inventory, balanced the cashier, trained new associates, tackled customer service issues, increased sales.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Brookville, OH).

Interview

They rushed through the job interview the guy was rude kind of arigent and very disrespectful was too young for his position he asked personal questions like do I drink or do I like to party and how many children do I have and if I was married and if so how long have I been married

Interview Questions

• What are some of your personal goals   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Topeka, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two directors and a senior analyst, They told me about the company and the jobs position. They talked to me about the limitations and job responsibilities, They asked the standard interview type questions and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what type of business analysis I have previously done.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied and 2 days later I received calls from 3 different Payless locations. I made an interview for the following week. Interview went well, was pretty casual and we did some role playing and then I was told that they would review my file and the store manager would give me a call back. Manager called me the next day and scheduled a follow up interview for 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to help someone make a decision and what was the final outcome?   1 Answer
    • What have you been doing since your last job?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you have been asked to carry on multiple things at once?   Answer Question
    • Would you have a problem if you were the only one working?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online , 1 week later I was called for an interview. Interview was fast and simple. Got told I’d be hire or not 2 hrs after interview. This job was a good job for it being my first job.

Interview Questions

• Did you have a job before applying to Payless ?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

must apply online, if manager thinks your hours will work with their schedule they will call you and set up an interview. Usually a second interview is needed before hiring

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

3 Part Process. They tell you about the company. You tell them about yourself, they go over your resume. Role play. Interview with District Manager also. The 2nd Interview is usually at a different location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, called within 2-3 days to follow up. I did receive a call back to schedule an interview with the store manager, after that I had to schedule and interview with the District manager (Store manager called me back after the interview to schedule it) fairly long process for such a basic position. Store manager asked me retail related questions such as "tell me about a difficult customer" "sale me this shoe and a accessory". Interview with the District Manager was more of a conversation, we talked about store goal such as sales and what my job really is as a sales associate.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

The interview was one-on one. It first started out with the interviewee asking me a series of regular interview questions. My interviewer was at the time, one of the managers at one of the Payless stores in the area. The next thing we did was a role play. With the role play, my interviewer grabbed a shoe from the shoe rack, placed it on a cart, and then told me to sell her the shoe, (as if i was a sales person). I first asked what was the shoe needed for (job, leisure), and then i asked was the shoe for her (the interviewer). Then i briefly stated that the shoe was a nice versatile color, (it was black), the sole on the inside was extremely comfortable if you are going to be standing for a long period of time, and i also stated that it was on sale, for (x amount of money).I am assuming i did an excellent job, because i was offered the position.