Pearland ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.6

Secondary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with the principal for less than an hour, was offered position the same day. The interview was casual, discussion format. The interview focused on educational and professional background, reasons for entering the profession, and situational decision making. The decision was made at the campus level, and then approved by district HR, from what I could tell. The principal was focused on adding people who could bring unique experience, perspective and passion to the campus.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Principal called me, and I came in the next day. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and was pretty informal. He reviewed my education and my other job experience. He wanted to know why I had decided to become a teacher. I was offered the job very quickly.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Paperwork and PowerPoint presentation.
    Badge photos taken and fingerprinting done.
    There really was no formal interview. The application process was quite thorough. Including interview questions. Orientation is a group setting. Each school has similar procedures which makes for an easy transition to different schools and grade levels.

Interview Questions

• How many college hours I had   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Application on line, references, interview

Interview Questions

• What is the first priority option between your job or your family?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearland ISD in January 2013.

Interview

It was a great interview with the principal then I was able to meet other members of the admin team. I received a response to my interview quickly and was invited back for another interview in which I accepted a position. Great experience overall and I highly recommend applying for a position in Pearland ISD.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Very basic and straightforward questions. Interview committee usually consists of 5 teachers and both administrators. The questions are geared towards your passion for teaching and children. Make sure you are knowledgeable about Balanced Literacy and dress professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearland ISD (Pearland, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with department head....Initial application is done online...If applying make sure you have your experience well documented and are able to communicate your experience well. You will be interviewed by someone in your field that knows what's real and what's not.....do not try and fool anyone.....look sharp and don't try to over impress anyone

Interview Questions

• What type of experience in your field do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you get along with others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there are no negotiations.....pay is set by district and state

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Pearland ISD in June 2010.

Interview

Team interview with executive staff. I was required to write a press release and talking points for a press conference.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought the job was worth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-negotiable. The salary was offered based on an HR formula. I pushed but it was not changed.